Please put tool tips on all the maps

Is anyone else annoyed by the lack of tooltips on the map for RAIDS. Just shows an 80 on the map and then you have to figure out how to find the map or usually RAID it refers to. Could we please just put "Forsaken Thicket" or some such in a tool tip when you hover over the 80 on the map? I had to find the old Reddit Post that showed that it was a Raid. We don't hide BloodStone Fen or DragonFall when I hover over that. It shows the name of the map so it's obvious what to look up in the Wiki. But RAIDs are different for some unknown reason. Looks like they are supposed to be Secret or something. Also the Guild Halls. Let's put tool tips on those too please. I don't need a big popup, just a simple name of the map would be great tho.

Thanks so much,

• Like 5
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

Would you also extend this to every map which has a dungeon? How about jumping puzzles? If you enter a raid wing from the aerodrome in LA, you can leave that instance through the portal at the entrance; this will deposit you on the map for that raid instance.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 3

25 minutes ago, Funky.4861 said:

Would you also extend this to every map which has a dungeon? How about jumping puzzles? If you enter a raid wing from the aerodrome in LA, you can leave that instance through the portal at the entrance; this will deposit you on the map for that raid instance.

I believe they mean on the world map, i.e. if you mouse over Queensdale, it comes up "Queensdale, 1/13 hearts, 2/9 hero challenges" etc., but where the raid wings are it just shows an '80' and nothing happens when you mouse over it.

If you've already visited the area, it'll show on the actual map "Forsaken Thicket 80", but nothing pops up when you mouse over it.

I don't think there's anything wrong with adding the names to the maps, it's much clearer for new players (they're not going to think there's some hidden map they can't enter).

Edit: They want this pop-up, but for the raid maps, I believe.

Edited by Lottie.5370
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Yea when I was new I thought the raids were other open world maps. I was always confused as to how to get to those places. Only after I tried doing a raid did I finally realize they weren't open world maps. So imo it would be better to put raid in parentheses or something like that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Diak Atoli.2085 said:

This is true, and I support it. I am confused as to the exact reasoning for the request, though.

Well they want to uncover all of the map and since raid instances dont show name they dident know were to look for info to get to those maps.

• Thanks 1

Sounds good to me, seems like a minor change that increases clarity.

(maybe it was an attempt at hinting it's not an OW explorable map, but at this point it would be better to let people hover over it and have a name of the zone so they can at least ask about it in map chat)

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

@Lottie.5370I agree with what you're saying but there's a hitch- raids are instanced content, and no map has instanced content highlighted in a splash box. It's like asking for Black Citadel- Heros' Canton, or Queensdale- Caudecus' Manor. The host map is its' own entity with added-on instances. The other info you listed was for map completion, which raids have no connection to. Personally i would find such pop-ups very annoying and would look for a way to turn them off.

If you want to go to the raid map, just enter the raid through the aerodrome (might need to form a squad first, but don't need a commander tag to do so.).

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Funky.4861 said:

@Lottie.5370I agree with what you're saying but there's a hitch- raids are instanced content, and no map has instanced content highlighted in a splash box. It's like asking for Black Citadel- Heros' Canton, or Queensdale- Caudecus' Manor. The host map is its' own entity with added-on instances. The other info you listed was for map completion, which raids have no connection to. Personally i would find such pop-ups very annoying and would look for a way to turn them off.

If you want to go to the raid map, just enter the raid through the aerodrome (might need to form a squad first, but don't need a commander tag to do so.).

Actually no, because those areas are counted as part of the cities, and they don't show up on the map with an "80" or whatever.

It's completely different.

• Like 1

The level of the map is irrelevant as is whether or not they are counted as part of the city (for map completion, i assume you mean?). The OP is asking for a splash screen to appear on every map with a raid instance and i'm saying that it's completely unnecessary for several reasons, not least of which is the accessibility of /wiki.

• Confused 1