Maybe matchups should be 3.5 days instead of 7?

Riba.3271

Disadvantages of 7 day matchups:

• Alliance linkings and relinking servers take a while to settle to their correct tier meaning too many weeks wasted playing unwinnable/faceroll matchups
  • Matchups get stale around half point

Advantage of 7 days matchups:

• Server strength doesn't vary as much since player amounts playing friday to tuesday is different from tuesday to friday

Anyways I would test out 3.5 days matchup system where every 2nd reset is  "morning" reset (not sure how popular it would be). Friday reset would stay same and next reset would be exactly 3.5 days from it (84 hours)

Edited by Riba.3271
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

2 hours ago, Riba.3271 said:

• Alliance linkings and relinking servers take a while to settle to their correct tier meaning too many weeks wasted playing unwinnable/faceroll matchups

• Server strength doesn't vary as much since player amounts playing friday to tuesday is different from tuesday to friday

Anyways I would test out 3.5 days matchup system where every 2nd reset is  "morning" reset (not sure how popular it would be). Friday reset would stay same and next reset would be exactly 3.5 days from it (84 hours)

There have been countless ideas suggested that would keep the game interesting until resets including one of my favourites, increasing points awarded for capping stuff as time goes on, and reducing supply and guards as you capture more and more objectives. These kinds of dynamic changes seem to be beyond Anet's so-called "Vision for WvW", however. This used to disappoint me when I cared.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, Riba.3271 said:

And relinks every 2 weeks? This doesn't do anything for those stuck in T1 or T5 fighting the same people for the better part of 2 months.

I mean they could reshuffle matches faster but the problem is that rewards are tied to matches also, if you change that then you need to link the reward system to the weekly reset rather than the match. Once you go down this path, why not shuffling every day (not in a promotion style system) and get some overall strength ranking (by team) based on the overall results

Edited by Karagee.6830

The lack of effort from Anet in wvw just shows we are not buying gems with real money and are not worth any investment

This last week was totally rubbish and just reminds me how little Anet has the professionalism to actually understand wvw from Europe servers.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Mariyuuna.6508 said:

I said it many times, links should last 1-2 weeks and matchups should change every 24-48 hours. No one even plays WvW after the first few days of a matchup anyway.

Do you want to destroy the last ounce of worth of matches? because constantly flipping team mates every 1 to 2 weeks is going to get old real fast, there will be no progression of servers up or down tiers with constant resets, it'll just be a random mess every 1-2 weeks. Links aren't perfect either because they cannot have 12 or even 9 perfectly matched servers with the limited 24 to use for matching, we have t4 servers that can't even get out of t4 or compete in t3.

Links just needs to be done with already.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

Do you want to destroy the last ounce of worth of matches? because constantly flipping team mates every 1 to 2 weeks is going to get old real fast, there will be no progression of servers up or down tiers with constant resets, it'll just be a random mess every 1-2 weeks. Links aren't perfect either because they cannot have 12 or even 9 perfectly matched servers with the limited 24 to use for matching, we have t4 servers that can't even get out of t4 or compete in t3.

Links just needs to be done with already.

What do you think Alliances is going to do?