7 servers!

Leaa.2943

Just now, Mlatic.8925 said:

Ofc, guilds will just bandwagon into same alliance and nothing will be changed.

lets say several guilds make mega alliance. each of them has around 30 ppl in guild squad. usually guild raid happens 3 times a week. guilds within alliance will have to split days of the week, because if all of them raid same time - there will not be content. So you will not see like 300 ppl blob all at once. they even dont have interest creating mega big alliance because they will have lack of content. That is true for fight guilds.

Regarding ppt guilds. That could happen, but if you have 1-2 guilds on your side, they will just become bags giving you good farm.

1 hour ago, Polar.8634 said:

seems like population of your server is not active in wvw. I would just change server if I was in your place. your server is perfect example for why we need alliances.

It still does not mean you  need more players on your server. If u overstack, server will be lagging.

Apparently we have players who spend a lot of hours logged in, but most people only play for a few hours per weekday, meaning we get forever stuck in T5.

As soon as we get a link, we go to T1.

The community is amazing though, which is why the people who are still on the server haven't left. 

The issue is with how they determine what a full server is. I can't comprehend how we're classed as a full server when we really do only ever get queues on some reset nights. 

I don't imagine it would take much effort to amend and improve their calculations to better take into account how often the server gets queues + the severity of queues over the course of a day (lets exclude night for now).

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, biggkenny.2586 said:

The issue is with how they determine what a full server is. I can't comprehend how we're classed as a full server when we really do only ever get queues on some reset nights. 

I don't imagine it would take much effort to amend and improve their calculations to better take into account how often the server gets queues + the severity of queues over the course of a day (lets exclude night for now).

There are old archived posts outlining how the population algorithm works. It ignores timezones. The world restructuring FAQ mentions timezones, though that isn't implemented yet.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Chaba.5410 said:

There are old archived posts outlining how the population algorithm works. It ignores timezones. The world restructuring FAQ mentions timezones, though that isn't implemented yet.

But rather than slowly losing people over time until we get world restructuring in 2050, I would rather they did a relatively simple improvement now to at least make things better until that point.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Mlatic.8925 said:

The thing is and it seems that many of you totally don't understand that server being full doesn't mean at all that they have more people then the servers being open. Its just the stupid way of deciding based on participation. So stop saying that it is ok for those 7 servers to stay closed because they deserve it.

And some of you totally don't seem to understand that population activity isn't solely based on when YOU log in to play, there's 24 hours in a day, people are on during all that time. No queues also doesn't mean your maps are completely empty, you could have four maps at 55/60 population and no queues doesn't mean you're empty. Plenty of groups run tagless too.

Then you all moan about some other server has a ton of people when you're on when they're only rated high, yeah guess what, they probably only have those people on at that time, then they're dead for 20 hours of the day like you think you are for like 2 hours of the day.

I have no sympathy for people that come in here crying about their full server being dead, that they tanked on purpose to stack more, try playing on actual dead medium server before you complain and request you get new players before them. No, those 7 servers deserve to be closed, because you all don't give a kitten about the rest of wvw, the health of the populations. When you players stack one server with 4x the population of everyone you forced anet to put in those restrictions, you ruined it for everyone including yourself for not controlling yourself in the first place.

Look at BG Gandara, cried about being closed, opens up and gets a bandwagon, gets a link next, now they're up t2 winning and going to t1 next week, but no that isn't enough, they need to be open once again to get the new players, but let's put that under the guise that everyone needs to be open too! Kitten the rest of the dead servers they don't matter!

Edited by Xenesis.6389
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

Look at BG Gandara, cried about being closed, opens up and gets a bandwagon, gets a link next, now they're up t2 winning and going to t1 next week, but no that isn't enough, they need to be open once again to get the new players, but let's put that under the guise that everyone needs to be open too! Kitten the rest of the dead servers they don't matter!

Except that Gandara was supposed to be red in T3 and not green in T2 after beta so first at least check for facts.  Also Gandara being outnumbered during prime time when they have most players online, not even talking about other times when no one is online. Maybe you should try yourself to be stuck in red T5 for several months to see how it feels.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

before you complain and request you get new players before them

You're being intellectually dishonest here. Nobody said that at all, nor implied it.

When you players stack one server with 4x the population of everyone you forced anet to put in those restrictions, you ruined it for everyone including yourself for not controlling yourself in the first place.

You're just making this bit up, I would argue that most of us created accounts on here day 1, but your point holds no value simply because we don't have 4x the population of everyone. And to pre-empt your response, the server has a very tight knit community, we know that we are perpetually outnumbered.

We were closed. We were always massively outnumbered. We were perpetually stuck in T5 simply because we were so outnumbered. We needed (and still need) to be opened. We got opened which was the right thing to do. We did not need a link after that though (we still need to be open for a little bit longer). We should have been in T3 but for some reason we jumped all the way to T2. As I mentioned in my previous post, we are T5 until we get a link, then we go to T1. We have good players, but we're too outnumbered (until we aren't). 

But you decided to make up the argument that we claim to need players before other servers do, when infact the sentiment in our community is that we want other servers to get more players so that we have more content (while we're linked). The issue is once we get unlinked, we will go back to being massively outnumbered, and drop down to T5. Does that sound like a full server to you? (Probably, but I mean to a reasonable person it doesn't).

This is the "someone has problems worse than you therefore your problems dont matter" argument.

10 hours ago, Morden Kain.3489 said:

Been there for several years before linking, I have no sympathy for Gandara.

"I suffered so you can too" is a great attitude to have towards other humans. Somehow you come out of that experience without understanding and empathy?

At the end of the day, we just want a very minor adjustment to calculations, to actually better determine fullness of a server. Even if that means that Gandara goes from 100% full to 95% full, it's an improvement, and will mean that when matched against Gandara it's more fun, and when on Gandara it's more fun. Literally nobody loses.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, biggkenny.2586 said:

"I suffered so you can too" is a great attitude to have towards other humans. Somehow you come out of that experience without understanding and empathy?

At the end of the day, we just want a very minor adjustment to calculations, to actually better determine fullness of a server. Even if that means that Gandara goes from 100% full to 95% full, it's an improvement, and will mean that when matched against Gandara it's more fun, and when on Gandara it's more fun. Literally nobody loses.

Some people would gladly pay 100 bucks to make sure their neighbour doesn't get 50.

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

And some of you totally don't seem to understand that population activity isn't solely based on when YOU log in to play, there's 24 hours in a day, people are on during all that time. No queues also doesn't mean your maps are completely empty, you could have four maps at 55/60 population and no queues doesn't mean you're empty. Plenty of groups run tagless too.

Then you all moan about some other server has a ton of people when you're on when they're only rated high, yeah guess what, they probably only have those people on at that time, then they're dead for 20 hours of the day like you think you are for like 2 hours of the day.

I have no sympathy for people that come in here crying about their full server being dead, that they tanked on purpose to stack more, try playing on actual dead medium server before you complain and request you get new players before them. No, those 7 servers deserve to be closed, because you all don't give a kitten about the rest of wvw, the health of the populations. When you players stack one server with 4x the population of everyone you forced anet to put in those restrictions, you ruined it for everyone including yourself for not controlling yourself in the first place.

You know that the current match with Piken ans Riverside is closer than you may think. I'm pretty sure if you don't consider the points scored on Friday and Saturday night Piken would be winning the match.

Now, because they opened Gandara for the first time in a year, we did get some transfers, but the reality is that while locked and Full Gandara had no queues at peak time, was often outnumbered on EB AND on home and ofc we are nonexistent in the morning so from 5-6am onwards all our T3 stuff magically becomes paper.

That said, it's hard to say if our current participation is due to transfers in that week or due to our link. Irrespective of the reason, the only thing we ever asked was: if you keep us with no link, no queue and outnumbered everywhere for a year, at least be reasonable and keep us open. Just like BB. Because keeping a server unlinked and closed is criminal.

I'd swap this kitten for an empty server that gets linked to a massively populated server every day of the week and twice on Sunday. Because, you see, we KNOW how it is to be in a team with medium, scarcely populated, server, while you DON'T know how it is to be outnumbered all the time and everywhere except for 2 nights a week, stuck in T5 fighting the other unlinked servers (whichever they are) week after week after week while being trolled with the Full status 51 weeks a year.

Edited by Karagee.6830
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

On 8/24/2022 at 12:58 AM, biggkenny.2586 said:

No, I do have understanding and empathy.  We did complain for years, it got us no where.  The only way we got out of the bottom tier was to be linked with other servers.  So, Gandara saying something for the past few months about their population, Gandara did have my sympathy, empathy, and understanding.  Then saying "gimmie, gimmie, gimmie", yeah, you lost all the sympathy, empathy, and understanding I had for the situation Gandara is/was in.  Just as it would if it were Mag, BG, or any other FULL server.

On 8/24/2022 at 12:58 AM, biggkenny.2586 said:

At the end of the day, we just want a very minor adjustment to calculations, to actually better determine fullness of a server.

I agree, this needs to be redone.  Or at least show us the number of players they consider to cross the threshold for fullness (along with the other criteria).  IE: 1 player playing 1-4 hours for 1 day per week should not be considered as part of the WvW calculation.

As some have already said, we may not see an influx of WvW players for a while (if at all).  While this mode is a "cornerstone" of GW2, it is apparently far underground.

Edited by Morden Kain.3489
gammar
  • Confused 1