Can we unlock all of Dragon Decade Weapon skins??

9 minutes ago, Anatolian Turk.4057 said:

why after 7 years??

There's 16 weapons in the set and you get 2 at a time, so it will take 8 birthdays to get all of them. But if you count it from the day you get the first one it's 7 years because that first birthday is the 'zero' point. It will be possible to get a complete set in 2029.

They might also be available for Proofs of Legend, but we don't know yet. The vendors for those aren't in the game so no one knows what we can get from them, except the armour set which was in the announcement.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Nothing in GW2 is based on account age.  It's all based on age of your earliest surviving character. For individual characters, this isn't a bad idea.(This was started in GW1, to make characters seem like unique individuals) 

But when you start adding "per account" stuff (as they've done in GW2) it gets problematic.(More bad fallout from ANet's inability to think and plan ahead, consider the ramifications of decisions, etc...)

Edited by Elden Arnaas.4870
typo
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3

I have 3 characters that turned 10 this week, you only get your first 2 chests for the first character to reach 10 years old; it's an achievement.  You get another one for the first tier of Decade of Dragons achievement.  As far as I can tell, you only get 3, unless I'm missing a legends merchant in game somewhere.

Feels bad man.

Edited by dippy.8961
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

So i got 2 chests with my first character and another chest for the achievement.
3 chests in total.
But i really cant decide which weapons i should pick. 
When there are another source of them, maybe i will choose one for my actual character, but for now i'll save them.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Roxas.7089 said:

So i got 2 chests with my first character and another chest for the achievement.
3 chests in total.
But i really cant decide which weapons i should pick. 
When there are another source of them, maybe i will choose one for my actual character, but for now i'll save them.

probabely next birthday aka year 11

On 8/23/2022 at 8:24 AM, Danikat.8537 said:

There's 16 weapons in the set and you get 2 at a time, so it will take 8 birthdays to get all of them. But if you count it from the day you get the first one it's 7 years because that first birthday is the 'zero' point. It will be possible to get a complete set in 2029.

They might also be available for Proofs of Legend, but we don't know yet. The vendors for those aren't in the game so no one knows what we can get from them, except the armour set which was in the announcement.

Unfortunately, the 2-weapon choice is account based: I have three 10-year characters now, and only got a chance for 10-year weapon skins on the first toon, which delivered the account-base achievement (see Decade Anniversary Achievement Box). The other two toons got a 10-year birthday box, which does not include the weapon skins.

Counting the achievement for the 10-year cape (Decade of the Dragons), I managed to get three 10-year weapon skins. I ignore how can I get more.

Sources
Decade of the Dragons wiki
Decade Anniversary Achievement Box
10-year birthday wiki

Edited by Meva.8327
Added sources
  • Confused 1