Massive lag spikes in north drizzlewood coast [Merged]

11 hours ago, Fueki.4753 said:

I doubt they'll ever be able to fix anything about it.

In my experiences, the lags mostly happened due to the excessive amounts of particle effects and bright colours. These aren't just coming from the players, but also the icy surroundings.

Given that they seem to love excessive particle effects to a degree that isn't exactly healthy for a game, I can't see them fixing this reason for lag.

And since the game is hosted on Amazon Web Servers, I doubt they can upgrade the servers to handle the particle effects better.

No. The client forcefully stops utulizing the GPU during the freezes. It is not 'heavy particle effects'. It's a bug that stops the game utilizing the GPU or somehow switches the GPU utilization off.

edit: you can check this yourself. do meta with task manager open. during freezes gpu core goes to 0% and then restarts.

Edited by Pheex.8932
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

This was not happening before and a lot of people a reporting this in map chat. I also experienced it more than once in the same run. Can we please get some feedback from Arenanet on this? This is worrying to see performance issue appearing in instances of the game that were stable before (even WvW with 3 blobs do not freeze screen)

• Thanks 1

Hi. This bug's been happening since the the 24th of August patch. There's been a couple of threads talking about it, too, namely that one — three days after patch release: "Massive Lag Spikes in North Drizzlewood Coast"

I've been experiencing those freezes too, and they're nothing short of frustrating. Caused me to steer away from the map until it gets fixed, which is far from optimal since the meta is still extremely profitable. I hope we'll get some news on that front next patch.

• Like 1

• Forum Moderator.3074 changed the title to Massive lag spikes in north drizzlewood coast [Merged]