Steam Purchase Issue

I got the Guild Wars 2 game and played a few days, thinking I have missed out and this is an awesome game, I decide to purchase Guild Wars 2 Bundle from Steam

$99.97 for everything...  Only 1 issue... It doesn't work... some things unlock like 3 more character slots... 

but I am still level locked and can not go to lion Arch until 35, I go to the Story line and everything but Living world season 1 says It needs to be purchased first

I played a ticket with Steam support, we are sorry we can not help, we show your game is purchased and added, for support contact Arena.net

I placed a ticket with Arena.net, we are sorry we do not support steam, you need to contact Steam for support...

$99.97 is now in limbo becuase it seems I can not get refunded or support for it....  what a great experience this is turning out to be

42 minutes ago, Gladamire.8436 said:

but I am still level locked and can not go to lion Arch until 35, I go to the Story line and everything but Living world season 1 says It needs to be purchased first

I just quote that secion of your post to ask what you mean by being level locked out of Lion's Arch?

You should have at least unlocked one open Waypoint in Lion's Arch when you progress through story line (don't recall if it is open by default even when you don't progress your main story line).

From your Home city which is depending on which race your Player Character (PC) where created in, you should find Asura Gates which is connected directly to Lion's Arch, same if you use sPvP panel or WvW (in case there is a que use Edge of The Mist -EOTM) where you have an Asura gate to Lion's Arch very close from where you spawn in your base World (same for all WvW maps).  I link to GW2 about how progression is meant to work for newly created characters and what you unlock at different stages. Next link is to what and how Asura Gates look like in game World.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Story_Journal#Levels_10-30

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Asura_gate

In game there are maps and portals (often marked in blue like that example for Asura Gate that you see a bit down in section about Map Icon symbols) that will be closed until you reach certain stages in story line.

You don't always need to complete a stroy line, if you only want to unlock a map, so it is possible to start a story and then change it, but you might loose some progression in that story line and have to start all over again in some cases.

As for Lion's Arch it could be that you story line are preventing you to go there (for now) as the Main Story after all is about how Lion's Arch once where destroyed and when you continue playing you will be placed in the new rebuilt version of Lion's Arch. In that version of Lion's Arch you will now have to deal with a new threat and will begoing to one of the defence lines that are outside of Lion's Arch.

It can be confusing if you don't know the main line in story and ArenaNet have to some degree started to being going back as game where originally though to have episodes where Living Season where "live" meaning you had a game world that would change like in the major fight with Scarlet Briar. If you want to know more then use that link to learn how and what happened to Lion's Arch (and Tyria). I won't explain more to avoid spoilers, but that would give some understanding why you might experience your character to be locked out of Lion's Arch at this stage.

________
In case I didn't understand you issue or question correctly, please, describe your starting race and how far you are in your story line for that character!

Edited by ShadowCatz.8437

Sometimes it can take some time for your account to update with the new access to all things that are related to your serial key (should technically be the same even with when use Steam account that adds a key to your ArenaNet account that is hidden from you as player).

Have you logged completly out of both game client and Steam clien to restart both and that way force an update of your account?

Just explain why you have three character slots unlocked as you mentioned. There some items that take an effect immediately and some other that can take some time before it will be registered for your account.

26 minutes ago, Gladamire.8436 said:

yeah; I logged into the account website and it shows I haven't purchase Fire/thorns, but have Dragons

How long time is it since you did your purchase on of a paid version of this game?

As I decribe above and that you can confirm yourself is if you search of other threads about items that might take some time to show after that they have been pruchased. A typical example is when player have purchased deluxe version (time before Steam) of expansion where you get 4000 Gems in purchase added to your account as part of a package, but have a very tiny disclaimer in small text for that web page that it might take some time (up 72 hour) until it will addded into account.

Today (Tuesday) it is also the day where patch update happen, so it might take some time until your account show correct informaion. In anyway, you have proof of purchase on your Steam account and in worse case (after waiting at least 72 hour) open your ticket again and ask for help.

On the right side of ArenaNets FAQ you can see a "Submit ticket" in red button where you either can create a new ticket or elevate an existing one (you will copies on email, so it can be useful to make sure that you have flagged your email to accept mail from support - to avoid get it sent to junk mail) when logged into this page. Make sure to wait and don't create several tickets of the same issue as that will just reset your cue.

I also want to add before I forget that you might have to add time between Steams system and ArenaNet to communicate as it might be a delay when you purchase something through Steam shop before ArenaNet's sytem will handle and add your new account status on their side.  In that case add some more time before getting panick that you will not have all access to what you have purchased.

Edited by ShadowCatz.8437

So yesterday I ordered from Steam on my Steam account the full Bundle, this includes, Living World, Path of Thorns, Orignal game, Path of Fire, and Heart of Dragons for $99.97  after the purchase, my Account on Steam shows I have everything added.. my account on Guild Wars 2 says I only have Dragons, when you login to the game, the story mode shows I have living world 1, and Dragons, everything else is listed as needs to be purchased.  I can travel to other zones without being level 10, the ads have been removed, I have 5 total character slots, but I can not access Lion Arch as it says I need level 35...  I contacted GW2 support with a ticket, they replied within 6 hours... that the issue is with steam contact them... I contacted Steam with a ticket, they said the issue was with Arena.net...   so your saying everything should be good, I just need to wait 2-3 days?  why would I purchase something for 100 dollars and get parts of it unlocked now, and rest need to wait?  if that is also the case, why does Arena net advise I need to speak to Steam about the issue?   

All I see is getting the "it's not my issue, go away" and check this other department for support, After spending money, (that can not be refunded)

As it is I have an account that is "little" better then Free edition, with no way to play other stuff I paid for, even if I let this go and play I can not re-purchase thorns or fire, cause steam shows I already have purchased them.

Contact Steam again, make sure they confirm that on their end you actually purchased the full version. Have them confirm that this is the case.

Then with that information, contact Arenanet customer support if need be. Also make sure the payment went through on your side.

Final note just to be safe: make sure you are not trying to combine a non Steam version with a Steam version of the game because that won't work.

Good Luck.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Gladamire.8436 said:

So yesterday I ordered from Steam on my Steam account the full Bundle, this includes, Living World, Path of Thorns, Orignal game, Path of Fire, and Heart of Dragons for $99.97  after the purchase, my Account on Steam shows I have everything added.. my account on Guild Wars 2 says I only have Dragons, when you login to the game, the story mode shows I have living world 1, and Dragons, everything else is listed as needs to be purchased.  I can travel to other zones without being level 10, the ads have been removed, I have 5 total character slots, but I can not access Lion Arch as it says I need level 35...  I contacted GW2 support with a ticket, they replied within 6 hours... that the issue is with steam contact them... I contacted Steam with a ticket, they said the issue was with Arena.net...   so your saying everything should be good, I just need to wait 2-3 days?  why would I purchase something for 100 dollars and get parts of it unlocked now, and rest need to wait?  if that is also the case, why does Arena net advise I need to speak to Steam about the issue?   

All I see is getting the "it's not my issue, go away" and check this other department for support, After spending money, (that can not be refunded)

As it is I have an account that is "little" better then Free edition, with no way to play other stuff I paid for, even if I let this go and play I can not re-purchase thorns or fire, cause steam shows I already have purchased them.

@Cyninja.2954have given you another option for how to check if you have bought the correct version of game and you can also check this if you go to Steam Client - your Steam ID in the upper right corner - Account (you can see "Store and Purchase Hitory" go to View purchase history and from here you should see all your purchase on Steam including what kind of purchase you did for Guild Wars 2 with all expansions and Living World access.

From my own experience during Black Friday last year, when I bought PoF, I also had some time to wait until everything would be unlocked on my second account, so this isn't something new.

The wait time is to prevent stolen credit card information from being abused. Having some time from purchase to complete unlock help to reduce that problem.

You still have full access to core content and you will not loose out anything when you are upgrading your existing free account into a paid. Later when you get full access to all paid content, you will also have a level 80 Booster in one Shared Inventory slot which make it possible to get directly level 80 and have exotic level 80 gear for your adventure.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Level-80_Boost

• Like 1

Hello, it is on a Steam account, I purchased through steam, when I login to GW2 it says this is steam and logs in as steam

I understand you can not use the web client on steam and steam on web client

I also understand the waiting for the card/payment to clear.. but if that is the case, why does it show I am licensed for Dragons? but nothing else?

https://imgur.com/a/EERxgeu  is screen shots of the accounts

After looking more from free to play to Path of Fire and Thorns it is all mixed up what I have and do not have access too

I have access to the Revenant Profession; but only 3 bag slots, not 5

I have access to 5 character slots, but none of Living World besides Season 1

I have acess to leave starter zones before level 10, but can not enter Arch Lion cause I am not 35

It only shows Original and Dragon Masteries

I have Map Map Chat, but not guild bank access

I do not have Daily Login Bonus

I do not have access to Raptor, but I have the glidder 

29 minutes ago, Gladamire.8436 said:

Hello, it is on a Steam account, I purchased through steam, when I login to GW2 it says this is steam and logs in as steam

I also understand the waiting for the card/payment to clear.. but if that is the case, why does it show I am licensed for Dragons? but nothing else?

First of all, I don't play on GW2 Steam account (at least for now), so with that in back head I can only explain from my experience that is from playing through GW2 client to log in and play.

What you show in your image is that the part that Steam define as a DLC is PoF and HoT is one DLC and next is EoD (even when you purchase those as a total package including LW DLC). From Steam shop you will three section (the base game that is free - Core as many player call it today), next HoT and PoF (as that is the default package for paid content), EoD as a standalone expansion and then Living World DLC.

That you can see on your GW2 account from being logged into ArenaNet is that F2P is active, HoT and PoF are still grey as I explained it will take some time to become unlocked - so it have nothing to do that you purchased this DLC or expansion from Steam that is how it have worked for some time. EoD is in full green colour that means it is active on your account. In game you should be able to see if you have unlocked Story section that is part of End of Dragons.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Story_Journal

1 hour ago, Gladamire.8436 said:

If I were you, I would update my ArenaNet Support Ticket and ask to have it escalated to a Senior Team Member and include the above screenshot.

Good  luck.

• Like 1

So because this is Steam client, there isn't a "ticket"  they just ask you to email them.  and all there replies are go talk to steam 

Steam is saying that I purchased and from them all is good, go talk to Arena.net... so basiclly I have a new GW2 account with 100 dollars into it that in unplayable.. 

• Confused 1

I have a similar issue, i bought 2 expansions from years ago when i started playing, and now i came back to play and connected via-steam this time and it shows that i have the base game without the 2 dlcs. If i have to go to all that struggle just to launch the game from the steam ill better download the client itself and launch it from there smh.

• Confused 2

6 minutes ago, Ruser.1642 said:

I have a similar issue, i bought 2 expansions from years ago when i started playing, and now i came back to play and connected via-steam this time and it shows that i have the base game without the 2 dlcs. If i have to go to all that struggle just to launch the game from the steam ill better download the client itself and launch it from there smh.

This is different case, your case you had an account from website... the Steam client and website are two differnet accounts and can not be mixed or matched.. if you started years ago with DLC then play that account, the steam is for New players only with fresh accounts...   the issue I have is that I started a new steam free account played on it, purchased the bundle pack and only given parts of it and being told in game to order the rest...

10 minutes ago, Ruser.1642 said:

Yea you cant link your old account to the steam account so it will have no expansions.

It is not even close to the OP issue.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gladamire.8436 said:

This is different case, your case you had an account from website... the Steam client and website are two differnet accounts and can not be mixed or matched.. if you started years ago with DLC then play that account, the steam is for New players only with fresh accounts...   the issue I have is that I started a new steam free account played on it, purchased the bundle pack and only given parts of it and being told in game to order the rest...

well reply to the email you got that you talked to steam support and from their side its all good.

Then also ask for it to be escalated to a Senior Team Member and include the screenshots like Inculpatus cedo.9234 said.

• Like 1

I am having a similar issue, I got the same package from STEAM and I don't think I got all the Living World Seasons. The expanshions are all there but unless I need to unlock the living world things in sequence, I think I am missing them. So this is more like a question, do I need to finish LWS1 to acces LWS2? I have yet to get into the expanshions (so perhaps I need to finish those first) but the other LWS are also locked and are asking me to pay 200 cristals things...

So currently I am locking at My Story unlocked, LWS1 unlocked (working on it now), LWS2 locked, Hearth of Thorns unlocked, LWS3 locked, path of fire unlocked, LWS4 locked, The Icebrood Sage locked, End of Dragons unlocked and Scarlet's War.unlocked.

Edited by Xan.1825