Open up Sun's Refuge

I know this is unlikely to ever happen but with all the advances in client-side technology with Icebrood Saga and End of Dragons, it'd be nice if you could go back and open up Sun's Refuge (like Eye of the North and Arborstone), so Path of Fire players have a viable hub.

Of course you wouldn't get all the NPCs, collections, etc. without the cooresponding LWS4 episodes, but it could still provide the basics and even more than now.

Edited by Mariyuuna.6508
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

7 hours ago, Mariyuuna.6508 said:

Of course you wouldn't get all the NPCs, collections, etc. without the cooresponding LWS4 episodes, but it could still provide the basics and even more than now.

Well, the Griffon roost is open to anyone, but it changes depending on where you are with the avhievements. Other players see what they have.

So the technology is there and working, just i doubt they'll really bother with it now.

15 minutes ago, Cronospere.8143 said:

it's a shame though, Sun's Refuge could have been a great place. The devs spend lot of time and resources building that place, only to use it for 2 episodes 😞

Yeah, i don't really get why it wasn't a hub in the first place... Weird.

Cause, other than the story stuff and Skyscale, i never spend time there.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Veprovina.4876 said:

Yeah, i don't really get why it wasn't a hub in the first place... Weird.

Cause, other than the story stuff and Skyscale, i never spend time there.

They stated that the technology wasn't developed at the time, and when Eye of the North came out they called Sun's Refuge a "mistake they won't repeat again".

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, Mariyuuna.6508 said:

They stated that the technology wasn't developed at the time, and when Eye of the North came out they called Sun's Refuge a "mistake they won't repeat again".

But it was though...

The same stuff EotN uses already existed in Path of Fire Spearmarshal's "something" where the griffons are. And that's not a hub, that's part of the map!

Depending on how far along the achievements you are, you'll see different number of things around it compared to other people who are there.

This is the same thing with EotN, depending on how much of it you "restored" you'll get a different "version" of EotN compared to everyone there.

So they might have said that, but it's not really the whole truth it seems.

In any case, they probably won't go and redo the entire Sun's Refuge now.

It is what it is, they learned from it, we can expect better in the future.

• Like 1