Thinking about returning into this game

Hi! I have been playing GW2 since its release, created 5 characters  brought to level 80. I played up to the HoT expansion and in the middle of the campaign I left the game due to boredom.

I was thinking of returning but as soon as I logged in I was overwhelmed by notifications of all kinds and I have not the faintest idea where to start again. I would like to play PvE only and I would need to understand how to play the "Guardian" class with which I have unlocked Ascended weapons and armor.s

Can you recommend a Solo PvE build so that I can train with that and go back to remembering how to play?

2 hours ago, Fade to Shadow.4579 said:

Hi! I have been playing GW2 since its release, created 5 characters  brought to level 80. I played up to the HoT expansion and in the middle of the campaign I left the game due to boredom.

I was thinking of returning but as soon as I logged in I was overwhelmed by notifications of all kinds and I have not the faintest idea where to start again. I would like to play PvE only and I would need to understand how to play the "Guardian" class with which I have unlocked Ascended weapons and armor.s

Can you recommend a Solo PvE build so that I can train with that and go back to remembering how to play?

Welcome back!

Why don't you start a new Guardian and start all over from creating that character and work your way up to level 80 on that character to learan how your skills work and what combination that feels best for you to play? The reason is that while you do that you would also have guide (New Player Experience) that explains things when you hit different level in this game and you would have a better understanding on how to play your profession.

There is also GW2 wiki that might be helpful when you get confused about what to do or what all these message might mean. You can also find good guides on Youtube as a returning player. Just don't rush and get frustrated or "bored" this time and you will have better time playing this game.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Main_Page

You can use chat command "/wiki" in chat and also add "/wiki guardian" to get directly to wiki secion about guardian and so on. It will open your web browser and go directly to search on wiki for what you added after /wiki.

Here is a link to Guardian: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Profession#Guardian

As a returning player you will probably not have Path of Fire (PoF) expansion, if you only had HoT when you left game. PoF added mounts in that expansion which is very useful for exploring and do things in this game. If you decide to buy PoF (today it is the base for a paid account as it is sold as HoT and PoF package) you will also have HoT in that a package. I would recommend to read on wiki how this work or just other threads that have several times asked the same question.

In anyway it can be smart to wait until Black Friday for any large sale where it might be possible to buy HoT+PoF package for a reduced price (and also maybe EoD).

/Have fun!

Edited by ShadowCatz.8437

1 hour ago, ShadowCatz.8437 said:

Welcome back!

Why don't you start a new Guardian and start all over from creating that character and work your way up to level 80 on that character to learan how your skills work and what combination that feels best for you to play? The reason is that while you do that you would also have guide (New Player Experience) that explains things when you hit different level in this game and you would have a better understanding on how to play your profession.

There is also GW2 wiki that might be helpful when you get confused about what to do or what all these message might mean. You can also find good guides on Youtube as a returning player. Just don't rush and get frustrated or "bored" this time and you will have better time playing this game.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Main_Page

You can use chat command "/wiki" in chat and also add "/wiki guardian" to get directly to wiki secion about guardian and so on. It will open your web browser and go directly to search on wiki for what you added after /wiki.

Here is a link to Guardian: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Profession#Guardian

As a returning player you will probably not have Path of Fire (PoF) expansion, if you only had HoT when you left game. PoF added mounts in that expansion which is very useful for exploring and do things in this game. If you decide to buy PoF (today it is the base for a paid account as it is sold as HoT and PoF package) you will also have HoT in that a package. I would recommend to read on wiki how this work or just other threads that have several times asked the same question.

In anyway it can be smart to wait until Black Friday for any large sale where it might be possible to buy HoT+PoF package for a reduced price (and also maybe EoD).

/Have fun!

Thank you for replying. Appreciate the hint about creating a new Guardian but I've already one with Ascended Armor (the tank one) and Ascended Weapons / Trinket (Damage one) 

I would like to continue the adventure from where I stop (about half Hot) and I'm looking for a Solo PvE build. I saw that in the Forum there is The appropriate section, I think I'm going to ask there 🙂

I need to remember how Specs work and so on. Is there a website or a good video on YouTube where I can see the major changing from 2016 to today? 

You could still start another Guardian and play the new one until you feel comfortable with the game again and then go back to your established character. It is not like your deleting the one.

If you out of character slots, just purchase another slot. I did this to relearn my class then switched back after getting started.

Enjoy!

Jagze