Mesmer has never been this bad in the history of the game (PvP)

agrippastrilemma.8741

2 hours ago, Ronald McDonald.8165 said:

No bias between one or the other with my responses. I can honestly say though I have roamed with dozens of other players and our goal has never been to do objectives. We do objectives to keep our pips going and they are something to do as we look for players.  We do them because they exist, not as our goal. The enjoyment and the entertainment of roaming isn’t killing a group of NPCs, it’s beating the crap out of other players.

I won’t lie though, I 100% have a preference towards PvP. There is much more thought and strategy that goes into playing a match of conquest than there is with roaming in WvW. The quality of your fights are usually better in PvP. 9 out of 10 players in WvW are terrible at actually fighting other players. And there are way many more options for broken builds in WvW. 

Fair enough, but I would say you are not a WvW roamer then. You are a ganker and/or dueler. The fact that you try to do a few things cause of pips doesnt make u a roamer. It means u are mindful of how rewards are given as you gank and duel.

What people who are serious about WvW would call roaming is to run around and take objectives all the time looking for other players. When you see other players you either engage them or you call them out in /m or /t. If you see a group that seems to be heading toward an objective you also note that along with aprox. #. You also should try to defend when possible. Some times a player or two can hold off a large group in WvW long enough to get help and whipe the other teams zerg. That kinda thing is dependent upon good roamers who understand how to defend, scout, and also fight. That is why I said what I said. Im not saying people cant or shouldnt also run around and just duel or gank if they want. I am saying that isnt really being a roamer, although, you are roaming around looking for people to gank. You could call one a scout the other a ganker and say they are both roamers, but I wouldnt agree that "roaming" is JUST running around ganking and keeping pips going. Scout I more consider a person who is usually working with a squad/zerg though and scouting objectives and enemy activity for them often over comms, while a roamer does some scouting stuff and some ganking stuff but is basically just a tiny group that does a mini version of what a zerg does. Take and kill anything and everything it can.

Edited by Moradorin.6217
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

14 hours ago, Ronald McDonald.8165 said:

No bias between one or the other with my responses. I can honestly say though I have roamed with dozens of other players and our goal has never been to do objectives. We do objectives to keep our pips going and they are something to do as we look for players.  We do them because they exist, not as our goal. The enjoyment and the entertainment of roaming isn’t killing a group of NPCs, it’s beating the crap out of other players.

I won’t lie though, I 100% have a preference towards PvP. There is much more thought and strategy that goes into playing a match of conquest than there is with roaming in WvW. The quality of your fights are usually better in PvP. 9 out of 10 players in WvW are terrible at actually fighting other players. And there are way many more options for broken builds in WvW. 

I think you haven't fully discovered the depths of WvW roaming then. Your view on it would be like me joining a PvP match and then mindlessly strolling around the map or standing at crossroads looking for duels, wondering what all the fuzz is about.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Yoci.2481 said:

I think you haven't fully discovered the depths of WvW roaming then. Your view on it would be like me joining a PvP match and then mindlessly strolling around the map or standing at crossroads looking for duels, wondering what all the fuzz is about.

No, I think you and Moradorin are overthinking it.   You’re trying to make WvW sound like more than it truly is. Turn on any roaming stream on twitch or any roaming video on YouTube. Watch any 8 hour stream from Vallun titled “WvW roaming”. I hate to break it you but roamers aren’t coming up complex strategies and making callouts in map chat. That’s a small percentage of people roaming during a few specific hours during the day. The way the community at large uses the term (like I said look up any twitch stream, YouTube etc) is how I use it. This is just the truth. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Ronald McDonald.8165 said:

No, I think you and Moradorin are overthinking it.   You’re trying to make WvW sound like more than it truly is. Turn on any roaming stream on twitch or any roaming video on YouTube. Watch any 8 hour stream from Vallun titled “WvW roaming”. I hate to break it you but roamers aren’t coming up complex strategies and making callouts in map chat. That’s a small percentage of people roaming during a few specific hours during the day. The way the community at large uses the term (like I said look up any twitch stream, YouTube etc) is how I use it. This is just the truth. 

Maybe because they don't know what roaming is? Nobody wants to watch vids on how to read a WvW map, they just want to see their content creator killing other players. It would be like me jumping onto a F2P account and pugstomping the enemy spawn 1vX all the way to gold and posting it as how to spvp like a beast. Any good spvp person would be offended.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

50 minutes ago, Justine.6351 said:

Maybe because they don't know what roaming is? Nobody wants to watch vids on how to read a WvW map, they just want to see their content creator killing other players. It would be like me jumping onto a F2P account and pugstomping the enemy spawn 1vX all the way to gold and posting it as how to spvp like a beast. Any good spvp person would be offended.

I suggest making another thread about how the communities interpretation of roaming is different than yours. I’ll be honest with you, I honestly don’t care and the discussion doesn’t belong here. You guys can sit here and complain about it, it doesn’t matter and has zero relevancy to the topic or why it was brought up in the first place.  Have your battle of semantics somewhere else, I don’t give two kittens.

Edited by Ronald McDonald.8165
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

I mean this whole debate between sPvP vs WvW comes down to which game mode is bleeding faster....currently its sPvP so if the philosophy is based off of putting resources to where more players is at then it should be WvW (cornerstone btw) then sPvP which includes balances etc, just look at PvE and how much loved they have gotten over the years.

sPvP had their chance at e-sports but no one wants to watch strategic node capture and how dull and boring limited builds are because of the limited stat combination, runes/sigils options. Or how builds gets instantly removed because they decide to take away amulets left and right.

In terms of the post (PvP) its players verses players in which WvW also has players verses players. Whether it be blobbing or roaming you are again fighting against other servers and other players so anything regarding towards WvW is valid its as simple as that.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

24 minutes ago, Salt Mode.3780 said:

I mean this whole debate between sPvP vs WvW comes down to which game mode is bleeding faster....currently its sPvP so if the philosophy is based off of putting resources to where more players is at then it should be WvW (cornerstone btw) then sPvP which includes balances etc, just look at PvE and how much loved they have gotten over the years.

sPvP had their chance at e-sports but no one wants to watch strategic node capture and how dull and boring limited builds are because of the limited stat combination, runes/sigils options. Or how builds gets instantly removed because they decide to take away amulets left and right.

In terms of the post (PvP) its players verses players in which WvW also has players verses players. Whether it be blobbing or roaming you are again fighting against other servers and other players so anything regarding towards WvW is valid its as simple as that.

Hahaha what does this have to do with anything? 😂

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

14 hours ago, Justine.6351 said:

Right, Even any WvW combat vids most people (myself included) dont show capping and defending. THey are edits that only include the player vs player bits of play because I figure nobody wants to see me run back n forth for supply and then watch me break a wall down, etc. LOL

• Like 2

To respond to op, I feel the same and it pretty much made me turn away from gw2. Everything feels so clunky and lack luster. Taking Mirage or chrono feels more like a punishment then an enhancement. And taking Core is unbearable to begin with making it all around an unpleasant experience. Even more so the variants of traits you can pick from. The change to chaos trait line to base everything around condi damage / regen made it even worse for me. And all the time this underlaying feeling of getting your coolest stuff outsourced. To give one of the latest examples, look at Chaotic Interruption compared to Fervent Force (GM trait of Untamed).

Chaotic Interruption: When you interrupt a foe, recharge one of your equipped-weapon skills at random. 

Recharge Time: 5s

ICD: 1s

- Restricted to interrupt

- Restricted to one skill

- Restricted to weapon skills

- Dosnt reduce the CD of the skill that is used to interrupt a foe

- ICD prevents it to be triggered more then twice with gwell

- Added RNG factor

Fervent Force: Disabling a foe reduces the cooldown of all of your equipped skills (by 2s) Disables includes stun, daze, …, taunt and fear

Recharge Time: 2s

ICD: 1/4s
- Will be triggered even with daze

- Resets ALL skills including utility and elite

- No restrictions at all

For me personally it really feels like they had an idea for chaotic interruption but the new trait was so nicely working that they just added it to one of the new especs to give them something unique instead of using the new version on mesmer. Because, to be honest, Fervent Force is how chaotic interruption should be, if you ask me. It truly bothers me that once more things like this get outsourced to other classes while mesmer has a dead GM trait since years. I mean it was never a good trait to begin with but apparently it could have been. And it truly bothers me that in special interrupt related things get added to other classes while it is one of the last identity’s this class has beside the obvious ones. It leaves such a bad taste when other classes get new traits and skills to do the exact same thing as your class can and at the same time mesmer gets negated or even worse receives nerfs in special to those traits and skills to make sure it is worse in those aspects.

The best time I had with this game was before HoT but since the add ones can’t be undone I would say right after the phantasm change was one of the most interesting times. You had so much choices and the combat was much more fluently then it is now with all those restrictions implemented. It’s like you play a totally different game now. I still can’t believe how this could have happened but then I remember all the fan boys cheering for the Bad changes till it went to truly unenjoyable experience it is now. Latest example is this nonsense „bring the player not the class“ vision or what ever it is. Perfect Chrono wells add again alacrity, we have so much more variety in PvP now, it’s amazing /s I wonder why no one is coming up with some amazing builds…

• Thanks 2