Prime Gaming

45 minutes ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

And what was offered from Guild Wars 2 that is no longer available, as every example you've shown lists the In-game content no longer available?  Which I addressed long ago in this very thread. 

Ok, I'll do half of your homework for you: google "gw2 twitch prime" (I'd link the search here, but the link was a 3-lines long salad that most people wouldn't want to click on anyways) and you'll have the answers in the form of this forum's and reddit's threads on the first page of the search.

e: @Linken.6345, I think this is also the answer to your post below, so I won't be making another post just to tell you to read this one -gw2 already had the drop (or maybe dropS) in the past. The unavailable is the old one. Does this look bad/weird/confusing? Sure. But, again, seeing how this happens more or less across the board, it's pretty safe to say this is the platform's issue, not game's issue. And this issue is not a remotely new one.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Sobx.1758 said:

And what I'm about is that this is normal there. Click on the other games and you'll find it's the same with those.

What do you see here? https://gaming.amazon.com/loot/legendsofruneterra

And here? https://gaming.amazon.com/loot/overwatch

What about here? https://gaming.amazon.com/loot/worldoftankspc  (scroll the list to the right)

Does this make it clear or am I seeing there something else than you and OP do? (this is not a hypothetical question, I would be extremely surprised if I saw something else, but who knows)

I see what you are saying with those links all games seem to do it.

But to say that it is no longer avaliable when it have not released yet, do give mixed signals if your not used to said system.

They could have had the tba to be announced quite easily one would guess.

Edited by Linken.6345
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Does your Prime Gaming 3rd slot not say this?   Maybe it's only mine.  :classic_unsure:

Nah, mine says this too. I've been periodically checking Prime Gaming so I can let my guild peeps know when the next drop hits, and I can confirm Amazon Prime had 4 GW2 drops slated as of three days ago (the EoD outfit being the first of the four). Today it says there will be three drops, and the fourth is marked as 'no longer available - coming soon'. The EoD outfit is still claimable and has not expired.

Typically, 'no longer available' is only applied to a drop that has already been revealed/expired, in this case it's being applied to an unrevealed drop that is simultaneously expired and coming soon. I've never seen that happen with GW2 Prime drops before. Could be a goof on Amazon's end; we'll probably find out over the next few weeks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

10 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:
Is Prime Gaming through Twitch?
Prime Gaming is a premium experience on Twitch that is included with Amazon Prime and Prime Video memberships. Prime Gaming includes bonus games and exclusive in-game content, a channel subscription every month at no additional cost to be used on any Partner or Affiliate channels, exclusive emotes, and chat badge.

Here's a bonus one since for some reason you're saying something about "third-party platform":
Does Twitch own Amazon?
It is operated by Twitch Interactive, a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc.

Ahh, thank you very much. 🙂

So, if someone has Amazon Prime but doesn't own a Twitch account, they aren't eligible for any Prime Gaming goodies?

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, AgentMoore.9453 said:

Nah, mine says this too. I've been periodically checking Prime Gaming so I can let my guild peeps know when the next drop hits, and I can confirm Amazon Prime had 4 GW2 drops slated as of three days ago (the EoD outfit being the first of the four). Today it says there will be three drops, and the fourth is marked as 'no longer available - coming soon'. The EoD outfit is still claimable and has not expired.

Typically, 'no longer available' is only applied to a drop that has already been revealed/expired, in this case it's being applied to an unrevealed drop that is simultaneously expired and coming soon. I've never seen that happen with GW2 Prime drops before. Could be a goof on Amazon's end; we'll probably find out over the next few weeks.

Thank you. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, costepj.5120 said:

No. I don't even know what Twitch is, but I've claimed several of the Prime giveaways.

Okay, so some are codes you can simply redeem via Amazon Prime, while others are drops you can only acquire through Twitch? Interesting.

Well, I would never have guessed that Amazon owns Twitch, but then again, why am I surprised. 😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1