Tired of my server that doesn't like fighting - Im a roamer, sell me a new server

Skergx.7562

On 9/8/2022 at 3:44 PM, Blockhead Magee.3092 said:

As a roamer, my play isn't dictated directly by how aggressive my server mates are. 

I think you may not be a roamer, you're one of those people who cloud around with others on your team and are disappointed when they don't push as you think they should.  That is not roaming. 

So what it is that there are several roaming (less than 5 or 10 players) guild going off and people don't really make an attempt to fight. Even if it's a fair numbered fight, they just retreat.
I am a roamer - I love looking for 1v1s or 1v2s, but even a roamer can't ignore there are other players on your team. There are no roaming guilds on my server. So I basically just solo roam and that keeps me from WvW being the only thing I can enjoy. Being a roamer doesn't mean exclusively solo fighting. Small scale battles feel more personal and are more exciting than participating in boonball meta.

I'm sure you're a great roamer, but it's a sandbox PvP mode - there's several ways to play.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

I had pulled this for another thread but yeah, GoM is all over the place time wise. https://www.gw2matchup.com/matchup?id=1-3 That said not under all the time but to the OP, it might be the time zone. For the GoM forum goers, is GoM more PST time frame?

"Always Outnumberd", timeframe doesn't matter.

Played in the morning, afternoon, evening, and dead of night, GoM is always, always outnumbered. This is from a EST perspective 

5 hours ago, Skergx.7562 said:

Based on the responses, Im under the impression that roamer is synonymous with solo player. I suppose my correct term should be "small scale enjoyer"

It depends entirely on the player you happen to be talking to...

For some (usually player who've been around 6+ years), roamer meant a solo player, havoc meant 3-10, zerg 20-30, blob 50+...

For others (usually newer players), "roaming" means anything smaller than a zerg (25+). Then there are players who call out "zergs" that end up being 8-10 players.

But I think most of us assumed you meant small scale (aka havoc). Finding a true solo roamer these days is exceptionally rare.

• Confused 1

I am in GoM too. I followed my ex-guild to moved to GoM and at that time time GoM was just a link server. Even as a linked server, we did not do well. We don't have have many WvW guilds and the WvW population wasn't great. But at least we can hope to be linked to a strong host to fight it out.

And then suddenly ANet decided to make us a host server WITHOUT any link server to help. Nice. Now we don't fight, we run 🏃‍♀️🏃‍♂️

World versus World, The Running Away Edition.

Edited by MintyMin.2718
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, SamuelW.2685 said:

"Always Outnumberd", timeframe doesn't matter.

Played in the morning, afternoon, evening, and dead of night, GoM is always, always outnumbered. This is from a EST perspective 

Since we passed reset, I can't recheck, but when I made the statement, no GoM did have periods which it topped the chart. That's the issue with coverage. Even with Alliances people will need to either decide to be strong in what time frames and face coverage wars. ANet has said in the past and not updated that they aren't looking at that yet versus play hours. 

All that said, this is also why I was/am against the removal of outnumbered pips. If you are outnumbered and still trying to hold back the tides of more peeps even if you can't dent them, give them the props for trying to. Outnumbered now means jump ship outside of us peeps that still hate just giving up the ground without a fight. Outnumbered has become a rally call to jumpship which is not a good thing. ANet, reconsider this or at least play a side trying to hold back the tides versus playing the attacker.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ronin.4501 said:

But I think most of us assumed you meant small scale (aka havoc). Finding a true solo roamer these days is exceptionally rare.

I enjoy solo roaming. Having your own agency is fun but I would still like other ways to play the game. Zerging doesn't really do it for me but being a roamer and picking off the backline is fun limit testing. Having a regular group to do that with would be great. So yes I suppose havok is the call.

But that would be for a community that enjoys doing that which doesn't seem to be GoM's thing

Edited by Skergx.7562
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Skergx.7562 said:

I enjoy solo roaming. Having your own agency is fun but I would still like other ways to play the game. Zerging doesn't really do it for me but being a roamer and picking off the backline is fun limit testing. Having a regular group to do that with would be great. So yes I suppose havok is the call.

But that would be for a community that enjoys doing that which doesn't seem to be GoM's thing

Hey, I cant name here the guild I play with but if you like to fight, push hard and still do some nice ppt for your team I personally invit you to join HoD. The small guild I play with is great for roaming with, you can go solo as you want then regroup with the party for a fight or to take an objective. You can play the way you feel and nobody get angry because you dont follow.. We do a great job at roaming and cooperating with other roamers, no doubt that you should enjoy it. We are a small guild but very active so most of the time there is some cool guildmates to roam with 😉

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Skergx.7562 said:

2 hours ago, manu.7539 said:

Hey, I cant name here the guild I play with but if you like to fight, push hard and still do some nice ppt for your team I personally invit you to join HoD. The small guild I play with is great for roaming with, you can go solo as you want then regroup with the party for a fight or to take an objective. You can play the way you feel and nobody get angry because you dont follow.. We do a great job at roaming and cooperating with other roamers, no doubt that you should enjoy it. We are a small guild but very active so most of the time there is some cool guildmates to roam with 😉

To follow up on what Manu said (as he and I are part of the same guild on HoD), our guild primarily focuses on havoc-style play, and we have players from all time-zones so you'll usually have someone to run with regardless of the time you play (3-6 players in WvW during SEA/OCX/EU times, and anywhere from 10-15 during NA times). If you should choose to join HoD feel free to mail me in-game and I'll see to it that you're given an invite.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Skergx.7562 said:

Based on the responses, Im under the impression that roamer is synonymous with solo player. I suppose my correct term should be "small scale enjoyer"

Your looking for a Havoc group. Havoc's role are small scale fights, hitting objectives that might slow the other side, lure larger forces out of place and being distractions and decoys. If your zerg is per say hitting Hills on ABL, your group should hit Bay, or wait in ambush to take out or lure away possible defenders coming from Garri. Your role might also be to take the SEC or NEC camps to start to lower supply options prior to your side getting to Hills or while they are working Hills. I don't remember the Comms name now since it was years back but they used to Pugmander and they knew there were Havocs that would also be working the same map. So they would make callouts to Havocs to hit targets away from where they would go and quite often they would be able to paper large portions of the map since they ended up lighting fires everywhere at the same time. Was quite well done. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, manu.7539 said:

I respect the solid pitch.
I'm sold. 
DM me all the info. name and disc and stuff  🙂

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Skergx.7562 said:

I respect the solid pitch.
I'm sold. 
DM me all the info. name and disc and stuff  🙂

I messaged you but if u cant find it just join HoD then ask for Manu or Ronin. If we are both offline then no worries, we should find each other quite fast!

• Like 2