GW2 has encountered an unrecoverable graphics driver error and must terminate

Shifu.1627

Ryzen 7 5800x

32GB ram DDR4 x 3600mhz

SSD evo plus 980

3080 Palit ( Driver 516.94 up to date)

Temperatures are fine i have AC and good air flow on computer ( even check out the temps)

Tried Fixing

-Full Fresh Install With no ad-on such as arc dps etc.

-Down graded Driver to older versions tried different version (every version got the error so mind as well go to the most updated)

-Limit the fps & down graded graphics to low / mid (didn't help)

- Internet is stable 500mbps speed (playing from SEA with 240ping stable, incase its a internet issue)

Did everything i can think of to fix this, and this is my last ditch effort as i barely post kitten on forum and im desperate to fix this.

https://i.imgur.com/rekclAG.png

2 hours ago, Shifu.1627 said:

Temperatures are fine i have AC and good air flow on computer ( even check out the temps)

Air conditioning? :classic_huh:

In any case, do you have a software installed for your graphics card that allows for fan speed regulation? Some cards' manufacturers offer an official tool for that. It's recommended to make sure that the fan speed is higher the hotter the card gets on higher workloads.

You could also try to run a check to see if you have any corrupt Windows files, as described in steps 1 and 2 in this guide.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Air conditioning? :classic_huh:

In any case, do you have a software installed for your graphics card that allows for fan speed regulation? Some cards' manufacturers offer an official tool for that. It's recommended to make sure that the fan speed is higher the hotter the card gets on higher workloads.

You could also try to run a check to see if you have any corrupt Windows files, as described in steps 1 and 2 in this guide.

Yeah i just gave info on what mostly people been telling me the problem soo i even listed that AC bullcrap, cause some people telling me maybe its your gpu temp ? but i check my cpu&gpu temp it doesnt even go above 70C mostly between 60~70 C and thats full load zerg on WVW.

as for fan speed , i have the tool from Palit and mostly i got it on default since my temp isnt going above 70C which should be fine.

i will try the thing you link though , thank you bro. 

15 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Sis*😉 , and you're welcome. Please report back to see if you could resolve the issue.

did the 1 , 2 , 3 , 4. I for now,  atm i havent gotten error for atleast full 3 hours run of wvw in which i mostly get crashes every 1hour on wvw. will see and report back if no error happen now.

and will add arc dps and mount wheel back and see what happens. will report back so others who encounter this gets some help

thanks again my lady

5 hours ago, Shifu.1627 said:

did the 1 , 2 , 3 , 4. I for now,  atm i havent gotten error for atleast full 3 hours run of wvw in which i mostly get crashes every 1hour on wvw. will see and report back if no error happen now.

Well, that's great! Hope you will stay crash-free from now on. 🙂

thanks again my lady

LOL, you're welcome. 😄

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Well, that's great! Hope you will stay crash-free from now on. 🙂

LOL, you're welcome. 😄

still crashing 🤣i'm lost now on what to do, i kept missing some important WvW clash fights cause of this and some raids i just DC half way. no idea what to do now 

1 hour ago, Shifu.1627 said:

still crashing 🤣i'm lost now on what to do

Okay, so you verified your Windows installation's integrity, moved the game out of Program Files, and did a client repair? Hmm.

Are all your drivers (motherboard, GPU, network, drives) up-to-date? Have you tried a clean uninstall of your GPU driver, using Display Driver Uninstaller, before re-installing a new driver?

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

17 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Okay, so you verified your Windows installation's integrity, moved the game out of Program Files, and did a client repair? Hmm.

Are all your drivers (motherboard, GPU, network, drives) up-to-date? Have you tried a clean uninstall of your GPU driver, using Display Driver Uninstaller, before re-installing a new driver?

Did that also , as people suggested that to me before. now atm i aint having the error anymore but will see to it again , but a full 4 hours wvw zerg run didnt got any error for the first time.

what i did was pretty much fully uninstall Guild wars 2 and anything related to Guild wars 2 ( since uninstall doesn't remove most of the files ) 

clean re-install ( even redownloaded a new installer on website ) added my arc dps and now it doesn't seem to error but its soo random idk if its even fix 

Did that also , as people suggested that to me before. now atm i aint having the error anymore but will see to it again , but a full 4 hours wvw zerg run didnt got any error for the first time.

what i did was pretty much fully uninstall Guild wars 2 and anything related to Guild wars 2 ( since uninstall doesn't remove most of the files ) 

clean re-install ( even redownloaded a new installer on website ) added my arc dps and now it doesn't seem to error but its soo random idk if its even fix 

There is no uninstall of gw2 its right click folder and delete to take it away.

2 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

There is no uninstall of gw2 its right click folder and delete to take it away.

Used control panel Uninstall a program.  after that i search every bit of GW2 on my computer , since thanks to Ashantara.8731 i never knew about GW2 cache. and just search my disk for any GW2 related folder and fully cleaned it. except for Screen shots cause i atleast know those things doesn't matter. 

did a clean full re-install and now i ain't getting error. hope this helps others. played for 6 hours straight and no error. seems like its fixed

• 1 month later...

I'm having the same error and it happened with two different gpus (1080ti and 2080ti now). I used both gpus with a Ryzen 7 3800x.
I went through the repair steps and nothing changed.

The error seems to be occurring sooner and more frequently when my graphics settings are set to high even though i have high end gpus and run the game fluctuating anywhere between 50-190fps.
This does not happen to any other games that i have other than GW2.

XMP is turned on and i slightly overclock my gpu. I also use dual monitors but i don't see how that could affect the crash however at this point, i'm counting on anything to be the culprit.
Reinstalling the game as we speak and hoping that might fix the problem.

Nvidia Driver version: 522.25 (up to date as we speak)
Windows Version: 10 pro 21H2 (i only updated to the 21H2 version last night)

Edited by Ymi.8524
adding info

7 minutes ago, Ymi.8524 said:

I'm having the same error and it happened with two different gpus (1080ti and 2080ti now). I used both gpus with a Ryzen 7 3800x.

The error seems to be occurring sooner and more frequently when my graphics settings are set to high even though i have high end gpus and run the game fluctuating anywhere between 50-190fps.

XMP is turned on and i slightly overclock my gpu. I also use dual monitors but i don't see how that could affect the crash however at this point, i'm counting on anything to be the culprit.

Windows version?
Nvidia driver version?

On 10/21/2022 at 1:23 PM, Ymi.8524 said:

Nvidia Driver version: 522.25 (up to date as we speak)
Windows Version: 10 pro 21H2 (i only updated to the 21H2 version last night)

I have a Ryzen 7 3700x and 1080ti with dual monitors.  So it's similar, but I'm running Win11 Pro 22H2 with 522.25.

I don't generally overclock anything and that's one of the first things I'd disable when trying to troubleshoot a system.  For XMP, I have everything on auto, but the memory speed is set to 3600 Mhz manually, which is the default speed for my particular chipset.  Had it on auto in the past and that caused some instabilities, but I can't recall what it was.  Also all chipset drivers are up to date.

I don't set the game graphics high because I'm mostly a WvW player and high settings make for an awful experience in WvW even though I can run them higher.  I don't have framerates limited currently, but I've set that in the past.

The things you'll want to review are:
- Run the GPU on vanilla, non-overclocked settings and see that returns stability to the system.
- Review XMP settings.
- Ensure that, especially if overclocking, the GPU is getting enough power.  You'll want to check both your windows power saving settings and the Nvidia settings to ensure maximum performance so that the voltage isn't being throttled.

Edited by Chaba.5410

• 1 month later...

Any news on this? I'm having the same problem - just like the other people exclusively with GW2. It goes so far that I'm getting BSODs because of GW2. Hardware is B550 Asrock Taichi, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Nvidia RTX 3060 and 4 x 8 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB RT (Ryzen Optimized).

Edit: Just to be clear: Every other game runs fine. Even Cyberpunk 2077 is perfectly smooth with a far shorter loading screen than any GW2 map. Has to be some weird GW2 error - probably due to spaghetti code or whatever.

Edited by Raizel.8175
  • Like 3