The best spec for all PvE

Cheshire Rabbid.7430

I have been doing researched on what spec would be the best to play for PvE (Raids, Dungeon, all that but mostly open world). I have build my build for every profession exapted for Mesmer and Ranger. Now I can't deiced Mirage or Virtuoso as the spec, Now if the Virtuoso the best then I don't know to go with power or Condi build. So what is the best spec for PvE DPS.

Mirage is best for Open world with many build options, it really just depends on what you want in terms of damage.

As far as more focused in fractals/raids or even strike missions, aside from Mirage double staff alacrity build, condi virtuoso would be the best dps spec with an easy rotation. People might say axe mirage does the highest damage but its fall off damage is much worse then condi Virtuoso.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, Salt Mode.3780 said:

Mirage is best for Open world with many build options, it really just depends on what you want in terms of damage.

As far as more focused in fractals/raids or even strike missions, aside from Mirage double staff alacrity build, condi virtuoso would be the best dps spec with an easy rotation. People might say axe mirage does the highest damage but its fall off damage is much worse then condi Virtuoso.

This is so accurate.

These would be my 2 choices as well, Staff/X Mirage and Condi Virtu. Both are very easy to play and offer a lot to groups, though Mirage is more group friendly imo with the boons it brings to the party.

Both are solid choices though.

Yeah, it really depends on what you want to prioritise more. Mirage gives you the option to go alacrity or to go condi DPS with basically the same gear (the current Snowcrows build uses a few Ritualist pieces for alacmirage, but you can go with full Viper's if you use toxic maintenance oil and maybe concentration food). The price is that the full DPS variant is more complex and doesn't offer much extra in damage over condition virtuoso in return for that extra complexity. In open world... I'd probably lean towards condi virtuoso for the added self-sustain or alacmirage (possibly staxe alacmirage, which won't give you permanent alacrity but it'll give you more than none). If you've got another build on another profession that's already you're go-to for alacrity, I'd probably recommend condi (more specifically hybrid, enough that it still takes some power traits) virtuoso, otherwise, get that alacmirage.

To me the problem with Mirage in OW ends up being the variability of the damage output. It can be really good, but in many situations it just cannot keep up with other much easier classes that can fill the same role. Be it alac or dps. That said, for general open world anything works fine and mirage can be allot of fun.

56 minutes ago, Moradorin.6217 said:

That said, for general open world anything works fine

I have stopped believing this since EoD.  There are some builds for Mesmer and other Professions which are not viable or fun to play.  Perhaps Condi Virtuoso is a high bar for low APM and high DPS to compare against say, Chrono, which feels sloppy to play currently.  I mean, is anyone suggesting Chrono vs Mirage or Virtuoso here?  Not yet, it just isn't there yet.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Mungo Zen.9364 said:

I have stopped believing this since EoD.  There are some builds for Mesmer and other Professions which are not viable or fun to play.  Perhaps Condi Virtuoso is a high bar for low APM and high DPS to compare against say, Chrono, which feels sloppy to play currently.  I mean, is anyone suggesting Chrono vs Mirage or Virtuoso here?  Not yet, it just isn't there yet.

The 'anything works in open world' line really only works if people stick with the relatively safe areas and/or zergs. There are plenty of places and events in open world that will punish you hard if you go in alone with an 'eh, anything goes in open world' build.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Mungo Zen.9364 said:

Well tbh I have not played Mirage in OW in over a year. So you may be right. Last time I tried playing Mirage in ow it seemed like clone death happens diffently or they despawn easier. After the one dodge thing I kinda just went all wvw/pvp for a while because I prefered those modes when forced to make a choice. After that I ended up changing classes for general play. So you may be right, I wont disagree.