Please make mech useable underwater!

Birdtree.9841

While the "Depth Charges" ability sounds good and looks cool it doesn't fit the mechanist asthetic when you lose the mech underwater! You are a worse than core engi when you go underwater. Please do the change like you did with necromancer's flesh golem where on land its a flesh golem and underwater its a risen shark. You already have submarines in the game for events and story instances just retrofit that and apply it to the mech. When you made the mechanist you did it right by attaching the skills to the mech. You did it HORRIBLY wrong by taking away our mech underwater essentially making the whole traitline worthless underwater. Please fix this ASAP!

• Like 8

7 hours ago, Alcatraznc.3869 said:

Bold of you to ask for legitimate changes in a time where Mechanist is the scapegoat for everything that is wrong/poorly designed/in need of buff.

As much as I defend a nerf of the mecha, it's unacceptable in 2022 to have things unusable underwater.

Especially when Ranger and Necro pets work underwater. The mecha could have a special underwater variant skin (jade mecha-shark with the weapons on the sides ?).

On 9/13/2022 at 6:57 PM, Kulvar.1239 said:

The mecha could have a special underwater variant skin (jade mecha-shark with the weapons on the sides ?).

even with depth charges they could just do aproximation of F1-F3 from mech, affected by traits, but in form of depth charges and it would be already acceptable for me, while requiring virtually no art department work.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Lord Trejgon.2809 said:

even with depth charges they could just do aproximation of F1-F3 from mech, affected by traits, but in form of depth charges and it would be already acceptable for me, while requiring virtually no art department work.

How would it give Might on autos though if there is no mecha ?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Kulvar.1239 said:

How would it give Might on autos though if there is no mecha ?

well fair point, I was thinking of active skills effects dependant on the traits, so for example for F1s, bleed on blade arms, weakness on punchy arms, forgot what gun arms did, cannot check on wiki rn, because it seems mildly broken today...

It feels specially bad in fractals whenever the underwater one is part of the daily rotation and I'm playing Healac Mecha since I can't provide any barrier or alacrity outside of the signet

A good solution indeed would be to center the F abilities on the engineer as a band-aid until something better can be implemented, even if that means the major adept traits don't fully work.

9 hours ago, Uete.3805 said:

It feels specially bad in fractals whenever the underwater one is part of the daily rotation and I'm playing Healac Mecha since I can't provide any barrier or alacrity outside of the signet

A good solution indeed would be to center the F abilities on the engineer as a band-aid until something better can be implemented, even if that means the major adept traits don't fully work.

There's no need for a bandaid though.

Support/Heal AoE -> Centered on mech

Offensive AoE -> Centered on target

And just let the mech swim.

Personally I think Cantha was a large wasted opportunity when it comes to underwater combat considering the end-meta opponent we face and the element she is attributed to, where the giant siege turtle can fight underwater but the Mech cannot become a submarine or torpedo, let alone swim.

I'm hoping ANET is taking the oversight with a grain of salt and working towards a solution that will either improve underwater combat overall or overhaul the system (more of the former, less likely on the latter). If their customers are still a higher priority, then they've undoubtedly been hammered over the head with this semi-functional playstyle and should take steps to fix it. Let's hope they are, and that they do.

• Like 1