Pure OW PvE idea for legendary armor

Solvar.7953

Just now, CrashTestAuto.9108 said:

I'm not ignoring them, but this is a debate you literally can't win.  I know my own thoughts, and I know that "easy and faster" is not the thing I am asking for or want.  You can't use "concrete reasons" to argue with that.

Oh, you've proven very thoroughly that we can't debate with you, and we can't change your mind.

The argument isn't for your sake, lol.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Sobx.1758 said:

It's very clearly not the only explanation if only you read (or remember what you've read) the posts in this thread. But you dodge those and come back to "elitists!" type of responce instead.

No need to speculate, all you need to do is stop avoiding what is written in the posts above.

Doesn't  this thread a little spice of  elitism ?

Crash idea , was that an OW Armor to be used in under-performed areas . But his trying to respond to any nit-picking and the responses that "he doesn't need it"

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

4 minutes ago, CrashTestAuto.9108 said:

Exactly.  WvW is very, very easy to get legendary armour in.  It's just not the thing Open World players want to do 15 hours a week for six months...

Open world players are not a monolithic bloc. I know a lot of players that primarily play open world and do some PvP, raids or WvW to get the legendary armor and they actually don’t find it boring or tedious. 
And there are a lot of players that play multiple game modes and don’t limit themselves. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Caliboom.3218 said:

He probably worded it incorrectly, it's sorta his fault. Like I mentioned earlier, most people do not like WvW, but a lot of people would want a long term goal with lots of grinding to get the armor set in OW.

Doubt:

On 9/14/2022 at 5:28 AM, Solvar.7953 said:

My issue is that I have 30-60 minutes to play/day.  That makes scheduling instanced content difficult.  This is also why I did not include metas - I'm not against metas rewarding tickets (though daily cap should remain), but being able to do those in limited play time is difficult.  There is a world boss every 15 minutes, so even if I only have 30 minutes to play some evening, I can probably manage to get 1 in.

I've done some WvW.  Claim tickets is pure time gate - ~20 hours to get max rewards.  With my play time, I maybe get through the wood chest - that is 17 tickets.  Maybe I manage to pick up up a bronze chest or 2 - lets say 27 tickets.  At 1095 tickets for the LWI, that is 40 weeks for a piece of armor.

13 hours ago, Solvar.7953 said:

But if all I'm able to do is complete the wood chest/week, that time to get enough claim tickets is 1+ year.

(and no "scheduling" needed btw)

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, yoni.7015 said:

Open world players are not a monolithic bloc. I know a lot of players that primarily play open world and do some PvP, raids or WvW to get the legendary armor and they actually don’t find it boring or tedious. 
And there are a lot of players that play multiple game modes and don’t limit themselves. 

And there can be PvP players than can try to get the OW set

Edited by Woof.8246
  • Confused 3

1 minute ago, The Boz.2038 said:

Oh, you've proven very thoroughly that we can't debate with you, and we can't change your mind.

The argument isn't for your sake, lol.

Cool, now we have a concrete admission that this isn't a debate that is being approached with sincerity, let's get back on topic.

I think the best approach would be:

(1) Some metas that exist already act as pre-requisites to unlocking collections

(2) Those collections involve JPs/completions/going and taking X thing to Y place/boss kills

(3) Tokens gained from World Bosses/DRMs/Living World are introduced, starting now, as a stand in for skirmish tickets etc.

(4) Recipes similar to WvW

This seems reasonably balanced with other modes, rewards long term players a bit, but also demands everyone work going forwards as well (and newer players will gather tokens while catching up).

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

2 minutes ago, yoni.7015 said:

Fair point, I should have qualified that.

I just think it's funny that @CrashTestAuto.9108 is spending all this time typing when he could be grinding out that legendary armor.

Legendary armor is the top tier reward in the game. It's what every mid/late game player strives to obtain. You simply can't nerf the reward to make it easier to obtain. There's already various ways to get the armor and I would suggest you put your energy there instead of here.

Edited by Bear.9568
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, Bear.9568 said:

I just think it's funny that @CrashTestAuto.9108 is spending all this time typing when he could be grinding out that legendary armor.

Legendary armor is the top tier reward in the game. It's what every mid/late game player strives to obtain. You simply can't nerf the reward to make it easier to obtain. There's already various ways to obtain the armor and I would suggest you put your energy there instead of here.

People never mentioned nerfing the rewards, there have been tons of suggestions to make it grindy. It's reasonable to try to get it in a gamemode you actually enjoy.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

Just now, yoni.7015 said:

They can’t because there is none. But they sure can try. I doubt they will be successful. 

Forgive me for my broken English , but i mean that just like OW player  should go in other areas , if we implant a OW set people that play WvW + PvP will go for the OW set .

Just like yourself who has all the gear , from every mode

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Bear.9568 said:

Legendary armor is the top tier reward in the game. It's what every mid/late game player strives to obtain. You simply can't nerf the reward to make it easier to obtain. There's already various ways to get the armor and I would suggest you put your energy there instead of here.

We can't nerf the rewards .

Just ask "Yone" who strived to get all the gear , from every mode . Just like the rest of us , he would strive to get the 4th

Edited by Woof.8246
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Woof.8246 said:

Forgive me for my broken English , but i mean that just like OW player  should go in other areas , if we implant a OW set people that play WvW + PvP will go for the OW set .

That can be easily solved by making it take longer to get than the other gamemodes.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

There is nothing to forgive, your English is fine 🙂 I know what you meant. 

2 minutes ago, Bear.9568 said:

It's weird you say that.  This is mathematically sensible from my side.  This thread is obviously getting a lot of visibility, which increases the chances of it having an impact (and as WvW armour, the current best approach, takes hundreds of hours for a single set, me posting in here for 30 minutes is a very good use of time, even if the odds are very low).

What is interesting is why so many people who don't have any interest in Open World Legendary Armour are doing the same?

• Like 3
  • Confused 3

3 minutes ago, Caliboom.3218 said:

People never mentioned nerfing the rewards, there have been tons of suggestions to make it grindy. It's reasonable to try to get it in a gamemode you actually enjoy.

We can't nerf the rewards .

Just ask "Yone" who strived to get all the gear , from every mode

It's like you people don't even play the game. The reward is legendary armor.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Just now, Caliboom.3218 said:

That can be easily solved by making it take longer to get than the other gamemodes.

This has been answered already.
 A player who sees that the most premium reward can be obtained with their current low effort activity will get the following signal and thought process:
a) oh crap, that is a lot of grind to get this premium reward, jeez!
b) the game really doesn't have more to offer than Tequatl, huh?
c) well, it looks like already explored this game, time to move on

This is not a complex conclusion.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

Just now, CrashTestAuto.9108 said:

This thread is obviously getting a lot of visibility, which increases the chances of it having an impact

Oh don’t get your hopes up. We have seen these threads before. They have a lot of visibility and many posts, then they get closed and nothing changes. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Woof.8246 said:

You seem to fail to understanad a simply fact that people start playing in OW and then branmch out to other modes, not the other way around. Also you seem to think (as well as the crashtestauto) that if someone plays pvp or wvw or raids, they suddenly stop participating in ow content altogether. Granted that this is done in an obvious attempt to claim "you don't even play ow, how can you know?!?", but you probably couldn't be more wrong.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

2 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

You seem to fail to understanad a simply fact that people start playing in OW and then branmch out to other modes, not the other way around.

Yes , they can also branch , to get Skins , either the Raid Chair or anything new in Strikes.

I don't really have a problem with a new Legendary or Skin in CM strikes , to allure people

Edited by Woof.8246
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3