SB ROAMING AXE OR DAGGER?

BassHunteR.7246

It all depends on what the rest of your traits are, and how you're planning on doing your damage. For me it also matters if you're roaming solo or if you're roaming in a small group. At the end of the day though it comes down to personal preference and what you're most comfortable with and have the most fun with. Sometimes I'll even run hammer with either axe or dagger. For me hammer in small group play is awesome, with the introduction of SB hammer has had some very nice possibilities open up (enchantment collapse). IMO in pvp situations there is no "one build to rule them all" everyone needs to come up with something that matches their play style, its what makes the game fun and interesting.

@"Red Haired Savage.5430" said:It all depends on what the rest of your traits are, and how you're planning on doing your damage. For me it also matters if you're roaming solo or if you're roaming in a small group. At the end of the day though it comes down to personal preference and what you're most comfortable with and have the most fun with. Sometimes I'll even run hammer with either axe or dagger. For me hammer in small group play is awesome, with the introduction of SB hammer has had some very nice possibilities open up (enchantment collapse). IMO in pvp situations there is no "one build to rule them all" everyone needs to come up with something that matches their play style, its what makes the game fun and interesting.

Wish more people had this attitude.

More players need to experiment with their builds and understand how the traits, skills & items interact with each other instead of just copying what everyone else is using.

I run Axe, mostly for the ranged cripple. The tell on Aura Slicer is pretty big to reliably land against someone who is paying attention to you, and the interrupt on a 12s cooldown is tough at melee range, since most opponents don't want to stay in melee range of you for very long.

Really depends on your playstyle. I always have both Axe and Dagger ready in my inventory, Axe does more damage but against those very mobile classes like Thief I found that I like dagger a lot more for the slow on Skill 2 and the Daze/Stun on Skill 3. So whenever I can tell who I'm going to fight I'll often equipt whichever weapon I feel is best suited for the upcoming fight. Other Weaponset is always Hammer for me so I'm running Hammer & Dagger or Axe + Shield but I don't really switch around much on my traits since I've found a build that I enjoy playing, the only thing I'm changing quite often is between Enchantment Collapse for bigger fights (It's just OP in big fights...) or Revenge Counter for everything else. Although sometimes, if I know I'm gonna fight a Thief, I like to pick up No Escape instead of Guard Counter, that's quite usefull to get a little more damage in inbetween their shenanigans.

@TwilightSoul.9048 said:Really depends on your playstyle. I always have both Axe and Dagger ready in my inventory, Axe does more damage but against those very mobile classes like Thief I found that I like dagger a lot more for the slow on Skill 2 and the Daze/Stun on Skill 3. So whenever I can tell who I'm going to fight I'll often equipt whichever weapon I feel is best suited for the upcoming fight. Other Weaponset is always Hammer for me so I'm running Hammer & Dagger or Axe + Shield but I don't really switch around much on my traits since I've found a build that I enjoy playing, the only thing I'm changing quite often is between Enchantment Collapse for bigger fights (It's just OP in big fights...) or Revenge Counter for everything else. Although sometimes, if I know I'm gonna fight a Thief, I like to pick up No Escape instead of Guard Counter, that's quite usefull to get a little more damage in inbetween their shenanigans.

Lol Thief shenanigans, they're always up to something.

@"Red Haired Savage.5430" said:It all depends on what the rest of your traits are, and how you're planning on doing your damage. For me it also matters if you're roaming solo or if you're roaming in a small group. At the end of the day though it comes down to personal preference and what you're most comfortable with and have the most fun with. Sometimes I'll even run hammer with either axe or dagger. For me hammer in small group play is awesome, with the introduction of SB hammer has had some very nice possibilities open up (enchantment collapse). IMO in pvp situations there is no "one build to rule them all" everyone needs to come up with something that matches their play style, its what makes the game fun and interesting.

A lot of people have a sheep mentality. Or they feel they must play the most optimal build in order to be able to compete.

@Malicious.3716 said:

A lot of people have a sheep mentality. Or they feel they must play the most optimal build in order to be able to compete.

That's partly why I don't usually share my full build with many people. I have it the way I want it and I don't want to find new stats that work for me because people nitpick at it.

I run axe/shield and Dagger/dagger in main build roaming. The shield adds to defenses when in outnumbered situations and throw axe can down runners quickly with its added damage. or trying to close on ranged. D/D using bladestorm works very well inside of camps if in sun and moon style wherein the bladestorm can churn out significant damage on a cluster. I never really used Bladestorm or off hand dagger early on but am really growing to like it. Wastrels ruin can also churn out significant damage especially when following a counter where an enemy shuts down skill use. I also like its reflect. As a thief when I caught a warrior using Hundred blades on an ally , I would use unload on warrior. You can kill yourself if using against somene using bladestorm.

Incinerator in each hand also looks cool.

This is in WvW and I usually roam solo. I have also taken to trying out Rifle to try and deal with scourges.

@Interpretor.3091 said:Axe is more damage.Dagger is a little less damage, but with a boonstip, an interrupt, and 2 gap closers. I think dagger is superior, it's a weapon made for 100% PvP, boonstrip in PvP is just too good. You can never have enough of it.

Agreed, although in WvW axe burst can crit for over half of someone's health.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived