How to make a UI for GW2?

Zoid.2568

I want to make a controller UI for GW2 as I enjoy playing GW2 with a controller, but of course I wont or can't release it, I just want to show ArenaNet it can be done. How would I make this UI, what programs do I need etc? I really want a seperate UI for controller, please help me create this and show ArenaNet it can be done! while also being worth it.

• Like 1

Wouldn't the software required depend on the controller? That's how it generally works for mice and keyboards.

There's also the option of playing through Steam which has built-in support for several controllers, and I know people have done layouts for playing GW2 on the Steam Deck.

Oh, wait...are you saying you want to change the layout of menus, buttons etc. within the game so it's more convenient for using a controller? That can't be done. The only addons GW2 allows are overlays, you can't change the game itself.

Edited by Danikat.8537
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

30 minutes ago, Danikat.8537 said:

Wouldn't the software required depend on the controller? That's how it generally works for mice and keyboards.

There's also the option of playing through Steam which has built-in support for several controllers, and I know people have done layouts for playing GW2 on the Steam Deck.

Oh, wait...are you saying you want to change the layout of menus, buttons etc. within the game so it's more convenient for using a controller? That can't be done. The only addons GW2 allows are overlays, you can't change the game itself.

The layout of menus etc, yes.

1 hour ago, Khisanth.2948 said:

Not without incurring a ToS violation. Mainly because there is no way to obtain real time data for various things that would be required to display them. The only way to get that data in realtime right now is through memory reading.

The TP/gemstore would be another problem to deal with.

Ok I understand, well that sucks that we can't get GW2 for consoles and controller UI.

• Haha 1