Can we please get a way to turn off or tone down player spells!

Tiviana.2650

8 hours ago, Randulf.7614 said:

You are preaching to the void. This is one of the most requested features in the history of the game and we have generally seen a worsening of the problem over the years. They have no seeming interest or desire to ever reduce the visual noise, rather it often feels like they want more and more flashy effects 

Agree, Anet appears not to care enough to address it or even responds. The other reason could be that they don't have the expertise to address it.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

41 minutes ago, Blude.6812 said:

Agree, Anet appears not to care enough to address it or even responds. The other reason could be that they don't have the expertise to address it.

To be honest, I’d rather they just said that. 

They’ve commented before. When they first changed the ele aura bubbles, they said it was in response to visual noise feedback and they people wanted visual noise brought under control. There’s only really been minimal stuff since and mostly it’s been a case of upping the problem through more effects, more glowing landscape colours and so forth. 

I would very much like to see a more recent statement of intent or a statement about why they can’t do it and why they’ve purposely chosen to stack it more and more over the years in direct contradiction of what feels like overwhelming feedback.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

10 hours ago, TawnyOwlet.6091 said:

Preface this with saying;

- This is my First Forum post.

- I'm a long time fan of the game, I've been playing since launch (with occasional hiatuses).

- I criticize because I want the game to be better... not because I just want a place to whine...

- I know these posts have been made before, but I felt like a needed to reiterate, since this issue seem to consistently go unaddressed.

Gw2 has always had issues with visual clutter, and it has only progressively got worse over the last decade.

The inclusion of more and more flashy skins, whether they be weapons, armour or mounts with blown out brightness, bloom effects and animated textures.

Mechs filling the screen, over the top skills effects , some minis, some novelties and infusion stacking.

It was too much years ago and now it's just getting absurd.

Please, make it a priority to implement more options into the game to reduce visual clutter and improve accessibility.

Excellent post OP, and I cannot agree more. The visual clutter and effects have become ridiculous.

Also you said, "- I know these posts have been made before, but I felt like a needed to reiterate, since this issue seem to consistently go unaddressed." ... no need to type this OP,  you have every right to post as you wish.  And yes, I understand that every MMO has its "self-appointed" forum moderators that love to wag their fingers at people like some geek classroom hall monitor looking to ingratiate himself to the teacher by scolding the tougher kids, but you just have to ignore them.  It's just their weak attempt of some sort of passive aggressive revenge for being stuffed in lockers by the jocks in high school. 

Edited by Ision.3207
  • Like 4
  • Confused 2

I'll "second" this sentiment as well. While I enjoy looking at other player's costumes and weapons and get-ups while I'm in town, while actually playing content in the game I'm finding it hard to tell what's taking place in almost any instance where more than a couple of players are present.

I'm aware this has been a constant request, and I think that's one of the reasons it should be reiterated. Not just from an ease of use standpoint, but as many people have said, there are folks with light sensitivity and other reasons that this would be greatly beneficial.

• Like 4