Leveling up too fast, any tips?

Alexander.5796

1 minute ago, Alexander.5796 said:

So, I wouldn’t be OP if I did a level 10 story mission at level 15? 

Yes and no. You are pretty much always OP if you have level appropriate gear. It is only mildly challenging if you keep your gear ~20 levels underleveled. As you learn about your class/build the gear and level becomes less and less important.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alexander.5796 said:

So, I wouldn’t be OP if I did a level 10 story mission at level 15? 

To this, no, you will probably be okay.  There are other things to be aware of though.

With the new leveling guide I was able to level a new character to 80 in about 15 hours gametime with no XP boosts or other tricks.  I simply followed the guide (as opposed to traditional following the zones and story) and at the end of Chapter 4 I was already level 80.

The upside of this is that at level 80 you can gear up and go back to the leveling zones and easily clear the content.  The level scaling is pretty good but it does affect gearing.

At level 80 you are likely to end up having very strong gear which even downscaled will trivialize most Core content and Story.  However, while you are leveling, or at level 80, if you do not have matching level gear the downranking can make it harder on you.

This is the primary downside to the new leveling guide and the massive amounts of XP you are getting.  You simply do not get enough gear fast enough to level up with you.  At level 50 (about 6 hours gametime), using only drops and quest rewards I was still using level 10-30 gear in some slots.  It appears that downranking is based on the player level not the gear level so at level 50 wearing a level 20 helm while downranked in a level 30 zone means that level 20 helm stats are squashed very hard and really aren't doing much to help at that point.

However, simple fix, every 10 levels just hit up the TP and buy upgrades for any gear that is more than 10 levels below your level and you should be fine.  I would suggest that you check your gear before doing Story steps as you are alone in those instances and having good gear and build will make it smoother for you.

Edited by Mungo Zen.9364
  • Like 3

If your concern has changed to whether you will be able to find your exploration and storyline challenging when over leveled, you can adjust your gear accordingly, leave empty gear slots, trinket slots, trait lines.

It can be good to do those stuff as a downleveled and manually weakened lvl 80 since you will be able to lvl your acc mastery at the same time.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Mungo Zen.9364 said:

To this, no, you will probably be okay.  There are other things to be aware of though.

With the new leveling guide I was able to level a new character to 80 in about 15 hours gametime with no XP boosts or other tricks.  I simply followed the guide (as opposed to traditional following the zones and story) and at the end of Chapter 4 I was already level 80.

The upside of this is that at level 80 you can gear up and go back to the leveling zones and easily clear the content.  The level scaling is pretty good but it does affect gearing.

At level 80 you are likely to end up having very strong gear which even downscaled will trivialize most Core content and Story.  However, while you are leveling, or at level 80, if you do not have matching level gear the downranking can make it harder on you.

This is the primary downside to the new leveling guide and the massive amounts of XP you are getting.  You simply do not get enough gear fast enough to level up with you.  At level 50 (about 6 hours gametime), using only drops and quest rewards I was still using level 10-30 gear in some slots.  It appears that downranking is based on the player level not the gear level so at level 50 wearing a level 20 helm while downranked in a level 30 zone means that level 20 helm stats are squashed very hard and really aren't doing much to help at that point.

However, simple fix, every 10 levels just hit up the TP and buy upgrades for any gear that is more than 10 levels below your level and you should be fine.  I would suggest that you check your gear before doing Story steps as you are alone in those instances and having good gear and build will make it smoother for you.

Part of me wishes one could turn off the guide, it just seems too bothersome to me.  My main aim is to follow the story and missions.

Edited by Alexander.5796
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1