Can we get an extra source of Blade shards?

Veprovina.4876

28 minutes ago, Moradorin.6217 said:

If you are making all the dif backpacks you can just get blades and the needed gifts w sprockets from LW1 memory boxes. Its really not a bad deal esp if you want some of the rng stuff in em still. I think they are still on sale?

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Black_Lion_Commemorative_Sprocket

1=100 blades

3= Gift of blades (~slighly blades more but you can skip the ascended mats then)

4 = Gift of Ascension

5= base spinal backpack, but Im not sure which is cheaper this is crafting the base w blueprint from fractals.

When I did them I used some of these for bits but I found it cheaper to get some off the TP like the various power cores. Also one recipe makes the infused 2 slot version off the bat on the backpacks. I would use that one cause its cheaper or was last I checked.

Unless you get lucky with the drops you'll end up paying 660% the cost of making the shards via the forge ... I guess if you like gambling then that is an okay option.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, DarcShriek.5829 said:

Blade shards are from season 1.  I think the problem will go away by the time we have the final episode.

I hope so too!

7 hours ago, Khisanth.2948 said:

Out of the all the choices DF would probably be one of the last for me since getting the most out of it involves tagging enough of the events to get the keys to open the coffers as well as having access to the coffers. A bit too hectic for my taste.

Well, with a good commander that waits for everyone, it's actually kinda nice.

I never touched DF before due to potato PC (turning the camera would lag like hell, especially during last fight, i couldn't keep up with anyone), but since i got a better one, i tried it again and it's nice.

I can see why it's not for everyone, but i kinda perfer it to Drizzlewood. I find Drizzlewood too idk, unorganized lol. Even with a commander.

South meta at least. North meta is pretty linear.

1 hour ago, crepuscular.9047 said:

you can park multiples there, that's how I got all mine done with a few months

but I think the easier solution Anet should do is just remove Account Bound restrict on all crafting and mystic forge materials, I got so much of these Account Bound materials that I'm just throwing them into the void with maxed out material storage

Yeah, but i don't even have one of each class of characters lol, and some i play beside my main so i could spare maybe 2, and that wouldn'tt speed that along much...

They should just make them tradeable, i mean, they served their purpose back in season 1 i guess.

But even if not, i hope they bring them back with well, season 1 again. 😄

45 minutes ago, Moradorin.6217 said:

If you are making all the dif backpacks you can just get blades and the needed gifts w sprockets from LW1 memory boxes. Its really not a bad deal esp if you want some of the rng stuff in em still. I think they are still on sale?

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Black_Lion_Commemorative_Sprocket

1=100 blades

3= Gift of blades (~slighly blades more but you can skip the ascended mats then)

4 = Gift of Ascension

5= base spinal backpack, but Im not sure which is cheaper this is crafting the base w blueprint from fractals.

When I did them I used some of these for bits but I found it cheaper to get some off the TP like the various power cores. Also one recipe makes the infused 2 slot version off the bat on the backpacks. I would use that one cause its cheaper or was last I checked.

Idk, i'll see about getting those from the gem store.

I have a legendary backpack so i don't need the infused version, i'll probably salvage what i make anyway, but nice to know.

17 minutes ago, Khisanth.2948 said:

Unless you get lucky with the drops you'll end up paying 660% the cost of making the shards via the forge ... I guess if you like gambling then that is an okay option.

I don't like gambling. 😄

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Khisanth.2948 said:

It all depends on if you want the stuff in the boxes really. A few years ago the skins they can drop still had very high value and they can drop other nice things like the rifles, minis, backpacks. When I did it I got a few boxes to gamble on unlocks and skins and ended up using a bunch of the sprockets for my backpacks. I was very happy with it as an option. I still have a few unused sprockets left in fact many years later. So I would say the value depends entirely on if you want to gamble/get some of the boxes, for sure. That said, I wouldnt say its a bad deal if that is the case. Rather it becomes very cheap/free once you are done w the unlocks from the boxes. 😉

Im not sure what the recipe costs are now and Im sure the skins are a fraction of the historic peak values but still doesnt mean they arent any good.

1 hour ago, Veprovina.4876 said:

Idk, i'll see about getting those from the gem store.

I have a legendary backpack so i don't need the infused version, i'll probably salvage what i make anyway, but nice to know.

Yea I had a leg backpack at the time but it was before the armory when I made them. Good point tho. I would figure out if you want the other stuff in em and check what ever recipe Khis. mentioned.

Edited by Moradorin.6217