Could we get a decent, non-scifi pistol skin with custom sound?

Valisha.8650

The title says it all. Rifles boast a few interesting choices in this department - be it Velocitas Eradico, Beastslayer Rifle or Ironsight Bolt Thrower. Meanwhile, pistols do not have a single custom sound skin that's not a sci-fi blaster (minus the stupid crossbow that's not even available 90% of the time, for whatever reason).

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

Just now, Valisha.8650 said:

The title says it all. Rifles boast a few interesting choices in this department - be it Velocitas Eradico, Beastslayer Rifle or Ironsight Bolt Thrower. Meanwhile, pistols do not have a single custom sound skin that's not a sci-fi blaster (minus the stupid crossbow that's not even available 90% of the time, for whatever reason).

The hand crossbow is a black lion chest exclusive so that's why it's rarely available and only via the black lion statuettes.

Personally, I don't use pistols a whole lot and I tend to use the hand crosbow, since I do have it.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Gehenna.3625 said:

The hand crossbow is a black lion chest exclusive so that's why it's rarely available and only via the black lion statuettes.

Personally, I don't use pistols a whole lot and I tend to use the hand crosbow, since I do have it.

So the only decent pistol skin is locked behind a stupid gambling or 60 statuettes. People complained about the best stuff costing gems, but THIS is some new level of pathetic design.

• Confused 4

Just now, Valisha.8650 said:

So the only decent pistol skin is locked behind a stupid gambling or 60 statuettes. People complained about the best stuff costing gems, but THIS is some new level of pathetic design.

There are quite a few items that are like that, though not many compared to the rest of the offerings from the gemstore and in game. So it's not new and certainly not all of those items are worth getting. Most of them, imo, are hideous.

• Like 1

Well... what non-scifi themes did you have in mind? You want something other than bang! bang! or pew pew.

But if it uses gunpowder it has to go bang bang. 

What non-techno projectile launcher doesn't go bang bang? They want to sell the little crossbows, so that is also out.

A sling would have an entirely different animation.  Slingshots are two-handed, that is why the slingshot skin is a bow.

Would crackling lightning bolts be different enough from lasers?

There was a fairly popular game recently where the pistols were critters that poop bullets at high velocity. Would a knockoff of that be acceptable? Would it squelch when fired? 

A necromancy pistol that fires slime balls or bone shards? What would those sound like?

I suppose we could have another rock type pistol but make it sound like two rocks smashing together for the firing sound.

A bee gun?

A camera that flashes and has the camera shutter sound? We already have a microphone war horn and disco-ball sceptre, so why not?

A Winters day gun that sounds like jingle-bells?

A haunted gun that wails when fired?

A duck pistol that quacks?

What did you have in mind Valisha?

Edited by Zebulous.2934
  • Like 3