I've been trying to get ascended for years.

Gnarterpz.2083

Decided the easy was was probably to farm the blue shards from strikes. 

Was great last night, when I earned 100+ from one strike. However, now I am sadly only obtaining like 7 blue shards per strike. 

Can someone explain to me how strike rewards work? Or if I'm supposed to be like alternating between different strikes?

Please just explain the most productive methods of earning blue shards basically from strikes so I can get my ascended gear. 

I'm not really asking for your personal GW2 "secrets" but I feel like I'm lacking some common knowledge that could possibly make the efforts for ascended through strikes more difficult without a solid understanding. 

Also, 

I love the GW2 community and am always looking for adult friends to enjoy the game with. 

50 minutes ago, Gnarterpz.2083 said:

Was great last night, when I earned 100+ from one strike. However, now I am sadly only obtaining like 7 blue shards per strike. 

Can someone explain to me how strike rewards work? Or if I'm supposed to be like alternating between different strikes?

Please just explain the most productive methods of earning blue shards basically from strikes so I can get my ascended gear. 

I'm not really asking for your personal GW2 "secrets" but I feel like I'm lacking some common knowledge that could possibly make the efforts for ascended through strikes more difficult without a solid understanding. 

Also, 

I love the GW2 community and am always looking for adult friends to enjoy the game with. 

What you get now is normal for strikes the 100 shards are from a return to eye of the north achievement and are not repeatable after you earned the total of 300 from it.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Return_to_Steel_and_Fire

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gnarterpz.2083 said:

Also, 

Simply run strikes daily and open the weekly vigil chest with at least 3 prophet shards. Make sure you do a variety of strikes before opening the weekly chest for more rewards. You typically get I think 2 piece a week or so just from strikes? Don't quote me on this though.

9 minutes ago, Warscythes.9307 said:

Simply run strikes daily and open the weekly vigil chest with at least 3 prophet shards. Make sure you do a variety of strikes before opening the weekly chest for more rewards. You typically get I think 2 piece a week or so just from strikes? Don't quote me on this though.

Aye, not quoting you on anything, just replying haha. Thanks for sharing some tips. I'll definitely start trying to switch up which strikes I'm doing. I'll have to look more into the weekly chests, I just came back and pretty much had forgotten about them so thanks for the reminder. 

2 hours ago, Gnarterpz.2083 said:

Getting ascended armors or weapons through currencies are never the easiest way. Unless they're precursors to legendary items, it is better to craft them. Doesn't take long to level up the crafting disciplines needed if you have the mats or gold to buy them. Just be sure to craft the 4 time-gated ingredients listed at the top daily. Supplement it with the other methods such as Strikes, and you'll have a full set in no time at all.

As for Ascended Trinkets, look through the list of Selectable items. Some of them are extremely fast and easy to get.

• Like 3

Raids give 300 mag per week and armor chests are 150-400 mag each. You can get extra mag by turning in minis to the merchant for another 40 mag each and salvage of raid drop trinkets yields 60 mag. These days you can get Mag from any wing 1-7. You get mag for just attempting a boss (min. 25% damage to it??). Many raids arent any harder than strikes. You also get 2 full sets of armor from the Envoy 1 +2 collections which can be done in a few weeks all the while potencially getting 300+ mag per week. If you do raids you can get multiple sets of ascended armor + boss drops in a month or two.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Basic_Magnetite_Exchange_Operative

Dont over look raids.

Edited by Moradorin.6217

Provided you can do material collection routes fairly (check gw2efficiency > gathering) often and already leveled crafting, you could get most of your ascended faster that way, and only complete the missing pieces with blue shards. I was in your situation and did that alongside more strikes, and almost got all my ascended gear within 6 weeks (playing daily)

• Like 1