Flame Burst (staff weapon skill 3)

Blackfish.7349

It still deals 10 times as much as our catalyst spheres and i spheres should be pretty OP since its the catalyst's only Espec mechanic. I propose therefore to reduce their damage by 20 times (although i'm not sure their damage coëfficiënt can actually be that small). 

All jokes aside, the least Anet could do is apply some of the PvE changes from August 23rd to WvW aswell. (And no i dont mean the abusing kind of love that Catalyst is gonna get in the upcoming patch while ignoring the earth shield problem).

• Haha 1

Thats what you get when you make skills work differently in different game modes. Sure the numbers may vary to a certain extent, but it is unhealthy for the game to change the mechanics of skills way too much. Ive seen people enjoying pve, then they decide to go to wvw/pvp and they instantly get 50 stacks of confussion on "why are my skill different than in pve".

18 hours ago, soulknight.9620 said:

Thats what you get when you make skills work differently in different game modes. Sure the numbers may vary to a certain extent, but it is unhealthy for the game to change the mechanics of skills way too much. Ive seen people enjoying pve, then they decide to go to wvw/pvp and they instantly get 50 stacks of confussion on "why are my skill different than in pve".

This is still better than the alternative of trying to balance PVE and PVP together. You do not want that.

ESO does it and it's a mess. Not to mention balance discussions in its forums often devolve into pvp crowd vs pve crowd complaining that the other's game mode ruined theirs. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HowlKamui.5120 said:

This is still better than the alternative of trying to balance PVE and PVP together. You do not want that.

Im not saying anet needs to balance pve and pvp together like they did back in the days before balance split. Im saying that they should focus on "numbers" and not on "how a skill functions". 

18 hours ago, soulknight.9620 said:

Im not saying anet needs to balance pve and pvp together like they did back in the days before balance split. Im saying that they should focus on "numbers" and not on "how a skill functions". 

Well yeah I agree. And that's the case for this particular skill. 

• Like 1