Warriors and Condis (PvP/WvW)

Dahkeus.8243

Huh? If you ration your shake it off, like you should, it was essentially 5 cleanses every 37 seconds or so. The 1 ammo at 30 sec is actually a buff. Its a nerf only in heavy condi situations, where you blow both charges and then you are "out" for over a minute.

As war is not a high impact profession, there is not much point to burn through your cleanses. You are not going to put down a condi vomit build fast. Your strength is in outlasting and eventually taking the condi build down (wvw excluded, where you have no strength and are just a joke).

Kinda the same with stunbreaks.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Hotride.2187 said:

Huh? If you ration your shake it off, like you should, it was essentially 5 cleanses every 37 seconds or so. The 1 ammo at 30 sec is actually a buff. Its a nerf only in heavy condi situations, where you blow both charges and then you are "out" for over a minute.

As war is not a high impact profession, there is not much point to burn through your cleanses. You are not going to put down a condi vomit build fast. Your strength is in outlasting and eventually taking the condi build down (wvw excluded, where you have no strength and are just a joke).

pvp game play now is burst based instead of the old long lasting face to face fights

even side noders are burst based, ammo handles burst better, and also you can always save one in case for emergency 

you could keep fighting with one shake it off used,

warriors are forced to kit away when no shake it off left, that's the prime game play of warrior for ages, unless you want to get CC'ed or condition bombed to death

the fight now is if you are caught with no stun break or condition cleanse, you are dead, which is why 2 ammo is better, because you don't need to kit right away when used up 1 ammo and can counter pressure, but with 1 cast, you basically have to run away

i don't expect you to understand higher level of combat for gw2 other then skill spamming, but just you know, having 2 stunbreak at once is better then having 1, that's why shake it off with 75 second cooldown is taken over outrage, stomp, featherfoot grace etc.

Edited by felix.2386

1 hour ago, Hotride.2187 said:

I agree. Good, tanky condi builds destroy warrior in WvW. Even you make it so that you can cleanse very well (sigils, traits, utilities, god even good) you don't have the dmg to kill em. so its better to ingore them. Faced a skilled condi untamed the other day. Even on full marauder gear with good runes (dont wanna show my build atm :D) I was barely scratching him. Eventually I ran out of cleanses and heals and he got me down. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, felix.2386 said:

pvp game play now is burst based instead of the old long lasting face to face fights

even side noders are burst based, ammo handles burst better, and also you can always save one in case for emergency 

you could keep fighting with one shake it off used,

warriors are forced to kit away when no shake it off left, that's the prime game play of warrior for ages, unless you want to get CC'ed or condition bombed to death

the fight now is if you are caught with no stun break or condition cleanse, you are dead, which is why 2 ammo is better, because you don't need to kit right away when used up 1 ammo and can counter pressure, but with 1 cast, you basically have to run away

i don't expect you to understand higher level of combat for gw2 other then skill spamming, but just you know, having 2 stunbreak at once is better then having 1, that's why shake it off with 75 second cooldown is taken over outrage, stomp, featherfoot grace etc.

Totally a nerf. I agree. Even wvw that is the case. People spam their cc and condis, u need to be able to counter these first iteration or u are just dead. Imo it should be 3 charges with less cd than it is currently

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, thaniretouni.4762 said:

I agree. Good, tanky condi builds destroy warrior in WvW. Even you make it so that you can cleanse very well (sigils, traits, utilities, god even good) you don't have the dmg to kill em. so its better to ingore them. Faced a skilled condi untamed the other day. Even on full marauder gear with good runes (dont wanna show my build atm :D) I was barely scratching him. Eventually I ran out of cleanses and heals and he got me down. 

I have met warriors in WVW that literally laugh in your face cos you can't kill them alone.
Braindead builds that out-sustain damage and condis.

Eg:

• Confused 3