So, after the patch...

Veprovina.4876

11 hours ago, Salt Mode.3780 said:

Look they can remove the alacrity from staff while returning our 2nd dodge, but if they remove the ability to dodge while CC then our dodge is worse then a normal dodge and at that point I rather not have that tradeoff. Not only are we cucked for not having distance but our dodge is more hindered by chill and slow. If the argument is that we have jaunt then its still worse then a normal dodge because you have split the dodge + the distance into 2 different things. 

Attacking during dodge is very very strong

• Confused 4

1 hour ago, agrippastrilemma.8741 said:

Attacking during dodge is very very strong

Again ill say there are other classes that can also perform attack actions while dodging this is not new. There are also other classes that have attacks that are considered dodges/evade on weapon skills. 

If a mirage gets CCed it cannot perform any attack actions. The reason why our "dodge" is "unique" is because it is essentially split into 2, the dodge iframe aspect and the distance, they just named it Mirage Cloak and Jaunt.

• Like 3

I mean yeah mirage is pretty bad not as bad as virtuoso though.  To be fair chronomancer is the best class in the game for sPvP right now.  I am enjoying 1v5ing people every game.  One shotting entire teamfights and now having survival with distortion.  I now main chronomancer instead of power mirage and I have no complaints

• Confused 4

7 hours ago, Kstyle.5829 said:

I mean yeah mirage is pretty bad not as bad as virtuoso though.  To be fair chronomancer is the best class in the game for sPvP right now.  I am enjoying 1v5ing people every game.  One shotting entire teamfights and now having survival with distortion.  I now main chronomancer instead of power mirage and I have no complaints

If I like apples and want an apple how does telling me your orange tastes good change things the fact that I like apples and want an apple? just saying...

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Moradorin.6217 said:

If I like apples and want an apple how does telling me your orange tastes good change things the fact that I like apples and want an apple? just saying...

Said like someone who  grew up spoiled.  When there's no apples available you eat oranges.

There's never going to be perfect balance.  But most mesmer specs are pretty similar tbh.  In PvP play what's meta in PvE you can pretty much play everything.  It doesn't really make sense to complain about wanting to play one certain spec and think Anet can do anything about it it's like complaining that life isn't fair.   Accept reality for what it is and find some compromise 

Edited by Kstyle.5829
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 7

2 hours ago, Kstyle.5829 said:

Said like someone who  grew up spoiled.  When there's no apples available you eat oranges.

There's never going to be perfect balance.  But most mesmer specs are pretty similar tbh.  In PvP play what's meta in PvE you can pretty much play everything.  It doesn't really make sense to complain about wanting to play one certain spec and think Anet can do anything about it it's like complaining that life isn't fair.   Accept reality for what it is and find some compromise 

I will overlook the tone of your post and just say that this thread is about Mirage not Mesmer in general. Your post is off topic and only seems to be an attempt derail the thread. My response was pointing out as much but with a little humorous metaphor which is allot more polite than other ways I could have said it. 😁

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 10/8/2022 at 1:28 PM, Moradorin.6217 said:

Have you everlooked at Davedevil class?? These kinds of statements make me question people, like have they played the game? ( I know u have and understand I just dont get the reasoning)

Daredevil can't cast while dodging

Also Mirage isn't weak, core Mes is.

Edited by agrippastrilemma.8741
  • Confused 3

4 hours ago, agrippastrilemma.8741 said:

Daredevil can't cast while dodging

Also Mirage isn't weak, core Mes is.

DD has damage baked into its dodge it also gets bounding on staff which adds another evade with damage and mobility, additionally it gets 3 dodges and extra vigor, etc unlike Mirage with its one dodge that lacks any mobility but can also do damage. The fact that clones still ambush while CCed is seriously minor imo. Its just the only narrow excuse anyone in your camp can come up with.

Edited by Moradorin.6217
  • Thanks 4

22 hours ago, Moradorin.6217 said:

I will overlook the tone of your post and just say that this thread is about Mirage not Mesmer in general. Your post is off topic and only seems to be an attempt derail the thread. My response was pointing out as much but with a little humorous metaphor which is allot more polite than other ways I could have said it. 😁

What do you think is going to happen based on you complaining about balance on the forums.  The devs arent going to read what you say and change anything.  They don't read what anybody says...period.  They make changes based on data from class performances in PvP and PvE and do the best they can.  If you want to play something that's fun then play for fun.  If you only have fun when being competitive then play what' strong.  You can't always have your cake and eat it too

• Confused 7

1 hour ago, Kstyle.5829 said:

What do you think is going to happen based on you complaining about balance on the forums.  The devs arent going to read what you say and change anything.  They don't read what anybody says...period.  They make changes based on data from class performances in PvP and PvE and do the best they can.  If you want to play something that's fun then play for fun.  If you only have fun when being competitive then play what' strong.  You can't always have your cake and eat it too

And you're having fun being a contrarian i take it?

Are you deriving some sort of pleasure telling people they can't have something?

What's the point of your posts except spamming the thread? You're contributing nothing to the topic.

In fact - you're VERY off topic... 

Are you in Elementalist forums telling them how Catalyst needed to be nerfed?

Are you in Warrior forums telling them to suck it up?

No. You're not.

And this is a pattern with people like you, everything is off limits except mesmers.

For some reason everyone, especially people who don't play mesmers, feel the need to go dump on everyone in this forum.

Well go troll some other forums for a change.

And if you're dying to mesmers in this state in WvW and PvP, then git gud and don't complain here and advocate for further nerfs.

Edited by Veprovina.4876
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 5

11 minutes ago, Veprovina.4876 said:

And if you're dying to mesmers in this state in WvW and PvP, then git gud and don't complain here and advocate for further nerfs.

Image losing to a Mesmer at 2022...its a big yikes. People lose to Mesmers because they are reluctant to learn the class therefore the best way to win against it is to ask for nerfs.

I've had several buds who stopped trying to play mesmer because of how kitten it is compared to their own main classes like necro, guard, rev, ele to some extent. 

The one thing they all had in common to say is "too much work/risk, little payoff". 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Salt Mode.3780 said:

Image losing to a Mesmer at 2022...its a big yikes.

I know right? And people regularly unironically come here to crap all over our profession because of it. And doing it NOW after all the nerfs and broken traits, i mean, if you lose to a Mesmer, it's not the Mesmer...

People lose to Mesmers because they are reluctant to learn the class therefore the best way to win against it is to ask for nerfs.

And it worked! I mean, didn't it? Half the nerfs were cause "mesmer too OP", meanwhile, Firebrand STILL does everything better than anyone else and it's not OP... And now there's mechanist... 

Complaining works i guess...

I've had several buds who stopped trying to play mesmer because of how kitten it is compared to their own main classes like necro, guard, rev, ele to some extent. 

Man, i'm maining mesmer and i'm barely playing it. I used to love roaming on mirage, now i roam on my open world Chrono build because i can't be bothered, i just YOLO everyone and if i burst them down, yay, i killed a noob, and if they survive for 3 seconds, great, i'm dead. I just can't anymore. They destroyed this class and it's so unfair.

The one thing they all had in common to say is "too much work/risk, little payoff". 

Yup!

I mean, we're here begging for scraps and the balance team "will think about returning a base mechanic available to everyone INCLUDING classes build around 1 dodge", meanwhile MECH GO PEW PEW, i mean... 

How demeaning is that?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1