Rant about CATALYST in WVW !!!!!!

solemn.9670

53 minutes ago, Santo.2419 said:

I'd love to know this 1v5 renegade build, sounds sexy. Maybe I just suck, but I might survive running from 3 people... or win/stalemate at a 1v2.. but 5, dang.

Yeah same on cata. Sure I can 1v5 if they're absolutely clueless, but you can do that on most builds. Yes I can 1v3 with ease if they're all bronze ranks, but again you can do this with most builds.. I can barely 1v1 on cata if they're actually a competitive player running a build that isn't super vulnerable specifically to catalysts strengths, and that's after ~6500 hours on ele.

...nnnnneeeeerrrrrffff! Nerf nerf nerf nerf

Nerf anything I can't beat

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

22 minutes ago, solemn.9670 said:

Yeah same on cata. Sure I can 1v5 if they're absolutely clueless, but you can do that on most builds. Yes I can 1v3 with ease if they're all bronze ranks, but again you can do this with most builds.. I can barely 1v1 on cata if they're actually a competitive player running a build that isn't super vulnerable specifically to catalysts strengths, and that's after ~6500 hours on ele.

...nnnnneeeeerrrrrffff! Nerf nerf nerf nerf

Nerf anything I can't beat

I actually hate nerfs and the nerf mentality, I personally think it's ruined not only the build diversity but also most of the fun in thos fame over the years. Think of all the great traits or skills that were reworked into gbage basically deleting them, and build diversity along with them. Nerfs should be carefully considered and done in small increments and fine tuned over time and not 50-60% reduction bs that anet often pulled, or the 1 sec boon durations left after nerfs haha why even leave them?  If games to boon heavy remove the quantity but make the boons left impactful, removing boon spam. Anyway I was just stating if some builds can pop out of keep and fight 5 players and eat those players dps for over 30 secs before hopping (to show their laughing at u) back into their keep to reset and repeat than balance in that regards is a big issue. And yes those classes I mentioned are the ones I see often doing so. In a game thats even close to somewhat balanced ud never purposely position urself so carelessly into a group of 5 9r so enemy players thinking ud last more than 5-10secs, that's with using all ur defensive cds lol. Any game where u could ud sacrifice all ur dps but not in gw2 lol.

Edited by Psycoprophet.8107
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Psycoprophet.8107 said:

Anyway I was just stating if some builds can pop out of keep and fight 5 players and eat those players dps for over 30 secs before hopping (to show their laughing at u) back into their keep to reset and repeat than balance in that regards is a big issue. And yes those classes I mentioned are the ones I see often doing so. In a game thats even close to somewhat balanced ud never purposely position urself so carelessly into a group of 5 9r so enemy players thinking ud last more than 5-10secs, that's with using all ur defensive cds lol. Any game where u could ud sacrifice all ur dps but not in gw2 lol.

You can do that on every class with the right build/traits tho

Also as I mentioned it really depends on the players you're 1v5ing. You can't 1v5 five competent roamers that don't rely on having a dedicated support with them. Not for long, even on minstrel [anything]. Lol

Btw, I'm being heavily sarcastic when I call for nerfs here. I thought it was clear but just in case anyone still had any doubt, it's a joke.

I'm saying that people need to l2p because half of all the other eod specs (and still some from pre-eod) are broken for their own reasons right now, so I'm dramatizing: is it really a problem that elementalist finally has a way to be on-par with them xd

• Like 1

2 hours ago, solemn.9670 said:

You can do that on every class with the right build/traits tho

Also as I mentioned it really depends on the players you're 1v5ing. You can't 1v5 five competent roamers that don't rely on having a dedicated support with them. Not for long, even on minstrel [anything]. Lol

Btw, I'm being heavily sarcastic when I call for nerfs here. I thought it was clear but just in case anyone still had any doubt, it's a joke.

I'm saying that people need to l2p because half of all the other eod specs (and still some from pre-eod) are broken for their own reasons right now, so I'm dramatizing: is it really a problem that elementalist finally has a way to be on-par with them xd

You could actually use core Elementalist for that though, since at the end of day Catalyst is just Core+F5 field. Would be more effective IMO.

1 hour ago, TrollingDemigod.3041 said:

You could actually use core Elementalist for that though, since at the end of day Catalyst is just Core+F5 field. Would be more effective IMO.

Yes, easily, fire/air/arcane (mostly) cele ele has been like 4/5 to me in recent times, if we'll call Catalyst a 5/5