Should shatters deal damage?

ascii.1369

23 minutes ago, Lincolnbeard.1735 said:

MC has a drawback in itself, it covers way less distance than with a regular dodge.

Right agreed, but I think what Kulvar is suggesting is that Mirage is due to get the dodge back since Chrono got Distortion back and Anet claims to be rolling back the trade-offs they did previously.

I would also agree with Lincolinbeard, however, in that prior to the dodge being removed Mirage had super speed or a similar speed component on MC that was also removed as part of balance, prior to the trade-off changes that removed a dodge from Mirage in pvp/wvw.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Moradorin.6217 said:

Right agreed, but I think what Kulvar is suggesting is that Mirage is due to get the dodge back since Chrono got Distortion back and Anet claims to be rolling back the trade-offs they did previously.

I would also agree with Lincolinbeard, however, in that prior to the dodge being removed Mirage had super speed or a similar speed component on MC that was also removed as part of balance, prior to the trade-off changes that removed a dodge from Mirage in pvp/wvw.

I have little faith that the removal of trade offs and reverting of some skills and utilities will happen as we expect. It certainly won’t be rolling the clock back to prior iterations of Mesmer and its eSpecs. More likely they will remove the perceived ‘trade offs’ and then update the skills and traits with newer functionality, potentially changing the way these builds are built and played.