Selectable ground target type for each skill?

Raffrey.5271

This is just some idea. But I really wish some of the ground target skills are not ground target skills.

Look, there are really many ground target skills in this game. Not really many but if you trait your characters to optimize for these skills, like banner warriors, very likely you will have at least 3 banner skills, which are ground target skills, occupying your utility skill slots. Usually when you use banners, it's for the boons. So, wouldn't that be wonderful if they don't require aiming for the right spot? Just press the button and the banner drops right at your position? You know, with so many visual noises, the screen can be very messy at times. And some skills work better if you put in some effort to target it yourself. I mean, wouldn't that be great if there's more ground for customizing them?

One of the main reason I don't play Catalyst is its F5 skill being a ground target skill. You see, F5 key is really far away (yeah, I know 7, 8, 9 are even farther; I didn't say I like to play banner warrior. I dislike Wells, too, fyi). With the fast-paced combat system in this game, I just don't have much time to use it. When I play boon support, I want the sphere to drop right at my position. And when I wasn't. Click it and bam! Right on the foe's position. No aiming required. But I still need some skills, like Meteor Shower and Glyph of Storms, to remain ground target skills.

Whether you agree with me or not, I say, more control over control is rarely a bad thing.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

You know there are keybind options to set a modifier key in order to snap ground targeted to current target or yourself? 

For example: set target self as "ctrl" so ctr+skill7 snaps the aoe on you. 

You can also set wether or not you want to quick cast those skills on button release or on second press. 

Like.... It is right there. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Xerac.1542 said:

You know there are keybind options to set a modifier key in order to snap ground targeted to current target or yourself? 

You can also set wether or not you want to quick cast those skills on button release or on second press. 

Dang...!

I know quick cast is a thing. In fact, I am using quick cast. Didn't know about the ctrl stuff, though.

I will check that out when I have time. Thank you.

Edit-

But since elementalists have four F5 skills to use, ctrl+F5 is still annoying doesn't it?

Edited by Raffrey.5271

1 minute ago, Raffrey.5271 said:

Dang...!

I know quick cast is a thing. In fact, I am using quick cast. Didn't know about the ctrl stuff, though.

I will check that out when I have time. Thank you.

Doesn't have to be ctrl, you can bind any key you want. 

Side note  since you mentioned f5 being far away. Rebinding keys is also possible to reach every skill with less stretching of our delicate and tired hands. You might want to consider a new keybind layout that simply works for you. 

Enjoy! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Xerac.1542 said:

Is there an option for targeting yourself? The only way I know of to target AoEs at your feet is by mouse-click skills or place cursor over any UI.

Edited by Silent.6137

You can also just click ground tarrgetted skills to cast them at your feet. Sometimes this is faster than keypress, targetting and release depending on what you're casting (utility skills are easy to reach with the mouse). This is even important to some rotations, to minimise movement animations.

I also recommend rebinding F to X or similar and F5 to F instead.

Edited by Mariyuuna.6508
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mariyuuna.6508 said:

You can also just click ground tarrgetted skills to cast them at your feet. Sometimes this is faster than keypress, targetting and release depending on what you're casting (utility skills are easy to reach with the mouse).

I just push cursor to any UI. Lots faster than trying to locate cursor in the visual noise.