Mad King Event Botting

11 minutes ago, kharmin.7683 said:

Suspected bots?  Report and move on.  Do not recommend hijacking them as that is considered griefing and is actionable.

reporting does nothing at all, and we all know this. I would rather grief them since they are afk anyways. I have reported bot stacks and come back a week later to see the same people there stacked up with no change.

• Like 6
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, SoulBlaze.3059 said:

reporting does nothing at all, and we all know this. I would rather grief them since they are afk anyways. I have reported bot stacks and come back a week later to see the same people there stacked up with no change.

Regardless, that is the official stance from Anet.  Grief these other players at your own risk.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, kharmin.7683 said:

Suspected bots?  Report and move on.  Do not recommend hijacking them as that is considered griefing and is actionable.

Since when is playing the game within its intended boundaries griefing? Mounts are usable in the lab, opening up the gunner's seat to everyone is possible. Now if some players chose to press F to hop in and not leave my turtle until I decide to not ride it anymore (where ever that may be) how is that griefing? I mean, apparently they hop on and refuse to dismount totally intentionally, cause else they would be the ones violating the rules, wouldn't they *cough*

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Nash.2681 said:

Since when is playing the game within its intended boundaries griefing? Mounts are usable in the lab, opening up the gunner's seat to everyone is possible. Now if some players chose to press F to hop in and not leave my turtle until I decide to not ride it anymore (where ever that may be) how is that griefing? I mean, apparently they hop on and refuse to dismount totally intentionally, cause else they would be the ones violating the rules, wouldn't they *cough*

Good luck with that.  If you want to risk your account, be my guest. 

• Like 3

Just now, kharmin.7683 said:

Good luck with that.  If you want to risk your account, be my guest. 

Mind to share the source that states "using a mount the intended way may get you banned"? Or any official statement from Arena.Net towards this? No sarcasm, I'm really curious.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, SoulBlaze.3059 said:

But they arent risking their account by botting right? That would be correct since nothing gets done about them.

Yes.  Yes, they are.  Which is why they should be reported.

And no one here knows that "nothing gets done" because Anet doesn't make that information public.  Maybe a GM has whispered them and found them to be active, if not moving.  They might well be within the letter of the law, so to speak, when it comes to being at the keyboard.  I don't know.  You don't know.  No one else in this thread knows.

2 minutes ago, Nash.2681 said:

Mind to share the source that states "using a mount the intended way may get you banned"? Or any official statement from Arena.Net towards this? No sarcasm, I'm really curious.

The person who posted the suggestion flat out advised using a mount not in a way that it was intended.  I doubt Anet wanted players to use the siege turtle to "hijack" other players.

6 minutes ago, kharmin.7683 said:

Yes.  Yes, they are.  Which is why they should be reported.

And no one here knows that "nothing gets done" because Anet doesn't make that information public.  Maybe a GM has whispered them and found them to be active, if not moving.  They might well be within the letter of the law, so to speak, when it comes to being at the keyboard.  I don't know.  You don't know.  No one else in this thread knows.

Bending the rules doesnt make it right, sorry. Seeing how hard you defend this makes me think you abuse it as well. No one should be able to sit in one spot while doing something else and be rewarded for it, its not good for the game community or the economy.

• Like 6
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, kharmin.7683 said:

The person who posted the suggestion flat out advised using a mount not in a way that it was intended.  I doubt Anet wanted players to use the siege turtle to "hijack" other players.

But it is the intented way. The mount is intented to be used by two people. It is in intented function, that you may open the gunner seat for anyone who wants to sit in it. It is intented, that you have to press F to signal, that you want that gunner seat. So if a player presses F next to a turtle, it can only mean that they want to sit in the gunner seat.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, SoulBlaze.3059 said:

Bending the rules doesnt make it right, sorry. Seeing how hard you defend this makes me think you abuse it as well. No one should be able to sit in one spot while doing something else and be rewarded for it, its not good for the game community or the economy.

How am I defending it?  Egad!  I told people to report it.  How is that even remotely defending it?

9 minutes ago, kharmin.7683 said:

Well, that person was actually mean and I used the term "hijack" as a reminiscence to an older thread, where some1 posted a short video where he... shuttled... bots around the map.

So the intention is no creepy "let's push him into the trunk and lock him in a basement" stuff, but what Scalacious said. Turtle is intended to be used by 2 ppl. It's intended to open the gunner's seat to everyone. If some other player choses to press "F" to hop on (or let's a macro do it *cough*), how is that in any way the fault of the one using the turtle, let alone a violation of the CoC or whatever documents are out there?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Scalacious.4139 said:

But it is the intented way. The mount is intented to be used by two people. It is in intented function, that you may open the gunner seat for anyone who wants to sit in it. It is intented, that you have to press F to signal, that you want that gunner seat. So if a player presses F next to a turtle, it can only mean that they want to sit in the gunner seat.

It is not intended to hijack another player. 

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Nash.2681 said:

Well, that person was actually mean and I used the term "hijack" as a reminiscence to an older thread, where some1 posted a short video where he... shuttled... bots around the map.

So the intention is no creepy "let's push him into the trunk and lock him in a basement" stuff, but what Scalacious said. Turtle is intended to be used by 2 ppl. It's intended to open the gunner's seat to everyone. If some other player choses to press "F" to hop on (or let's a macro do it *cough*), how is that in any way the fault of the one using the turtle, let alone a violation of the CoC or whatever documents are out there?

The poster said to hijack and drop the players somewhere else.  That doesn't seem voluntary to me.  However, if you want to do this, then you take the chance that someone will report you and you will get sanctioned by Anet.  It's up to you.

Good luck.

It is not intended to hijack another player. 

You're aware you can't force someone into the gunner's seat? They have to take action to get in there, which they either do intentionally by pressing F or willingly accept as a possible outcome when using a macro.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Nash.2681 said:

You're aware you can't force someone into the gunner's seat? They have to take action to get in there, which they either do intentionally by pressing F or willingly accept as a possible outcome when using a macro.

So, how exactly then, does the proposed idea work for hijacking and dropping players elsewhere?

• Confused 1

54 minutes ago, kharmin.7683 said:

Do not recommend hijacking them as that is considered griefing and is actionable

Source?

If they choose to click to get in your turtle then how a4e you griefing?

If they are afk and have automated the F button then how are you griefing them?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

So, how exactly then, does the proposed idea work for hijacking and dropping players elsewhere?

Step one: you see someone who looks like a farming bot.

Step two: you mount up on your turtle and move to the suspicious person. 

If it's no bot but someone simply not moving/afk, nothing will happen. Or he'll accidently hop on your ride and dismount immediatly.

If it's a bot, chances are high that within his macro he will press F and mount up. In that case he'll keep sitting there until one dismounts. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Nash.2681 said:

Step one: you see someone who looks like a farming bot.

Step two: you mount up on your turtle and move to the suspicious person. 

If it's no bot but someone simply not moving/afk, nothing will happen. Or he'll accidently hop on your ride and dismount immediatly.

If it's a bot, chances are high that within his macro he will press F and mount up. In that case he'll keep sitting there until one dismounts. 

There was a nice yt-Video about botnapping 😀

But I tried afterwards, but no one pressed F 😞

• Like 1
  • Confused 1