For long, I've wondered why I didn't fully enjoy GW2's combat

Aodlop.1907

50 minutes ago, Kalthea.4326 said:

I guess you could technically call that a GCD, but it's just animation lockout.

Animations can be cancelled, but that doesn't allow you to use skills faster. Because of the gcd. That needs to be there, because neither resources nor skill cooldowns like in gw2 would prevent you from using everything instant at once.

Aside from this animation times (that can't be cancelled without canceling the skill) would basically be the same as cast times in gw2.

Edited by UmbraNoctis.1907

2 hours ago, UmbraNoctis.1907 said:

Animations can be cancelled, but that doesn't allow you to use skills faster. Because of the gcd. That needs to be there, because neither resources nor skill cooldowns like in gw2 would prevent you from using everything instant at once.

Aside from this animation times (that can't be cancelled without canceling the skill) would basically be the same as cast times in gw2.

Never got around to canceling animations, so I guess that makes sense.

• Haha 1

(blinks)...

If anything, gw2 has the opposite problem. It has too many instant-cast abilities. Some of these are triggered internally via traits so they are not detected in combat by the opposing player. Much more so with the EoD expansion.

I believe gw1 is what you're looking for based on your sentiment. I won't argue there. It is much better than gw2.

• Thanks 1