So when are you going to change the meta, ANet?

Corabelle.3254

1 hour ago, Swagger.1459 said:

I see... Well, I'm so sorry and now I completely understand your dueling plight inside of a mode that was primarily designed for large scale combat to occur. 

Ok, so we need to change Minstrel. To coincide with that, we will need to remove all tanky stats (toughness, vitality, and concentration) from all damage gear sets because that's how "most other games" will do it for damage dealers. Also, we will need to separate, and make clear distinction between, direct damage and condition damage gear. So no more builds that have both direct and condition damage. I'm sure there are other changes that help draw clear and understandable lines in GW2 that we can adopt from "most other games" classes and gear, but this is a good start. 

Lastly, keep your head up and keep practicing! Things (professions, gear, builds) you may find difficult now, may not be so tough after gaining more experience! 

GL! 

thanks for the tips man! maybe the minstrel scrapper wont oneshot me next time. With your help i might actually become a decent player! ty so much.

Quality post of yours, as usual.

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Haha 1

On 11/2/2022 at 8:15 AM, Mariyuuna.6508 said:

I'm not sure why you think Medkit 1 and reflects aren't active defenses, along with boons like Aegis and Stability. Yes, Protection, Resistance/Resolution and Regeneration are passive defenses, but anything that you cast that has only a temporary, short-term effect is an active defense in an MMO.

Passive means just that, passive, a 5sec reflect isn't passive, only your lack of patience.

Btw, I suggested a long time ago that all boons should stack in both intensity and duration, but no one liked the idea. Like if you got a single stack of Protection, it would only be 5%, not 33%. Each new stack would increase the intensity and refresh the the other stacks, effectively giving boons a ramp-up time like conditions which makes them easier to counter before maxing out, or reset once maxed.

Yes, a single player could still maintain max stacks on a group, but a boonstrip would also remove them all with a single cast while they take a long time to build up again. The best of both worlds.

That would be a nice idea but you cant split it and meanwhile it could work at wvw probably wont at pve or pvp.

• Like 1