Need a braindead KO strike build

jaif.3518

I'd like a build that's easy, no piano playing, and practice it until I can get through Kaineng Overlook just once to get my turtle.  I don't want to be a burden on the group, so if it's a support build that's fine.  I know I'm going to screw-up no matter how many vids I watch, but at least maybe I can minimize the complexity for myself.

Any suggestions?  I'll take niche, I'll take overpowered, whatever. I just want to get this monkey turtle off my back. 🙂

(I usually play WvW.  I'm pretty good at reading the zerg, stunbreaks, condi-clears, etc.  I'm just very bad at understanding PvE mechanics and their cues, and horrible at piano-playing rotations.)

If you can play WVW you would be able to recognize the red circles. The only main difference is green circle which typically means you need to stack.

If you're a WVW player you likely have a guardian, engineer, revenant, warrior, necro, or maybe a mesmer. In that case firebrand is really strong there with "Advance" ; mechanist if you have it unlocked is also strong, renegade is strong there with condi variants and also vindictor if played well, (condi) scourge is easy enough, and mesmer in condi mirage / virtuoso form is also good. Warrior is contingent on positioning but spellbreaker is a decent pick there.

The two typical supports are firebrand and mechanist right now. If you play heal scrapper which isn't as popular anymore in WVW you can probably play heal mechanist without much issue.

Edited by Infusion.7149

Go for Power Mechanist, put the mech skills on Auto Cast (with CTRL + Right Click), then just Auto Attack and press Rifle 2+3+4 off Cooldown. If you are feeling fancy, around every Rifle 2 you can go into Grenade Kit for 2 (Shrapnel), as well as 4&5 (Freeze and Poison) if off-CD.

Basically guaranteed 30k+ real encounter DPS, from any range, allowing you to almost completely focus on the fights mechanics.

I'd hurry though as the spec might see more (justified) nerfs with upcoming patches this month - while the hope is ofc that the build will still be viable, Anet doesn't have a good track record with measured nerfs for overperformers.

As of now, it's still by far the single easiest & best build to play for everyone that isn't a hardcore speedrunner though.

Edited by Asum.4960

4 hours ago, Asum.4960 said:

Go for Power Mechanist, put the mech skills on Auto Cast (with CTRL + Right Click), then just Auto Attack and press Rifle 2+3+4 off Cooldown. If you are feeling fancy, around every Rifle 2 you can go into Grenade Kit for 2 (Shrapnel), as well as 4&5 (Freeze and Poison) if off-CD.

Basically guaranteed 30k+ real encounter DPS, from any range, allowing you to almost completely focus on the fights mechanics.

I'd hurry though as the spec might see more (justified) nerfs with upcoming patches this month - while the hope is ofc that the build will still be viable, Anet doesn't have a good track record with measured nerfs for overperformers.

As of now, it's still by far the single easiest & best build to play for everyone that isn't a hardcore speedrunner though.

Arguably the first thing Arenanet could do is stop the mech from casting CC skills automatically, it is a terrible addition to the game. I really wouldn't mind if people in squad were autocasting the F1 skills though (Rolling Smash, Explosive Knuckle, or Spark Revolver). The overall DPS is a bit high with those autocasts right now and of course you have all the engineer only players defending it rabidly in the profession forums...

----

The low intensity version drops grenade kit entirely for mines. 

• Like 1

If you have a Necro your best bet is Mercy Scourge. Unlike many other options is extremely easy to gear up, just take any max healing power set since %healing doesn't affect barriers and Scourge doesn't give much boons, so you can run it on a mix of Cleric+Magi with Mercy runes, Sigil of Life/Water and staff.

We're talking <10g for a full set of exotic gear.

Not only will you be nearly invulnerable but its also a hard carry for other players, you'll be able to instantly revive anyone who goes down while putting out massive barriers and cleanses.

Something like this:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PSyEcEmpMD2HLhlxGxU9S71B-zxQUvojBDuQggDKFSsCEbVcKA-e

Utility should be Pumpkin Oil, and the rotation is just "spam all keys" due to high life-force generation.

Edited by Mariyuuna.6508

11 hours ago, jaif.3518 said:

Any suggestions?  I'll take niche, I'll take overpowered, whatever. I just want to get this monkey turtle off my back. 🙂

If you struggle on the platform the best Profession by a large margin would be a condi virtuoso camping dagger sword. Having a low cooldown block + self sustain is really good. Being range helps too. If you get a circle when the boss charges dragon trigger you have to move out of the group into the danger zone. With the sustain you can take thee circle damage. With the block you don't have to time the dodge for the dragon trigger making that mechanic very easy. No stressing about that also should free up brain space to not kitten up numbers.  The rotation is simple. Press weapon skills off cooldown, activate F abilities when blade are stocked.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Thanks all very much for the suggestions.   Interestingly enough I went through a phase a few years back playing an EMT scourge in WvW, running around keep fights trying to see how many lives I could save, so maybe I should resurrect that build if I still have the gear...though like you say, it's easy enough to buy.

If you can play WVW you would be able to recognize the red circles. The only main difference is green circle which typically means you need to stack.

Yes, certainly.  It's all the other open world mechanics I've run into, like circles where you need to be inside them or die, or donuts of death, or safe circles to run to at specific moments, etc.

Id personally just take a heal support build. Usually works for like 90% the same as WvW (quick healbrand, quick heal scrapper, heal alac druid, heal alac Tempest). Same playstyle and probably same gear aswell. Dps roles should be fine aswell aslong as you have the proper weapons/gear/runes/sigils (exotics will do just fine). Hardstuck.gg probably is the best site for builds/guides atm. Snowcrows.com is decent aswell, but focusses more on hyper efficiency while hardstuck is more focused towards accessibility.

If you want to become abit more comfortable in your dps role id highly recommend trying out the special forces training arena (entrance south of wvw portals). Just activate all Boons on yourself and all conditions on the Golem via the control pad. 20k dps on Golem should already be enough dps to clear all strikes and raids. 30k dps should be a good amount of dps to aim to for on the long term; high enough dps to carry inexperienced players and able to bypass alot of the boss mechanics by simply killing the bosses to quickly. 

Also don't worry to much about the strike mission difficulty level. As long as you're not doing any challenge mode all strikes are pretty easy. Just watch a quick mukluk vid to see all mechanics and you should be fine. 

Commanders usually cant be bothered to kick players out of their strike group unless they're actually wiping at the strikes so you dont have to worry about that to much. Usually if you list the LFG yourself for kaineng overlook and specifically mention for turtle you'll guaranteed to get lots of patient players who are willing to help & guide you through the process. 

Edited by the krytan assassin.9235