Friendly Reminder: Last new spvp content was released in Nov 2018.

Voraxen.2035

On 5/18/2023 at 6:41 PM, Kozumi.5816 said:

No quarter came out in 2020 and is still the best map to farm.

PvP isn't the only thing neglected, the entire game is.

Are you saying PVE hasn't had anything released in just as long? Every other mode in gw2 has had numerous updates in the last 5 years, including your preferred map.

I love all the posts that suggest sPVP isn't the only mode that's been abandoned. There is no comparison.

PVE has LW4, IBS, new Strikes, new Raid, new challenge modes, updated rewards, EOD.

WVW has over a year of patch after patch world restructuring, new server infrastructure  and has gotten every new stat combo, sigil and rune introduced. 

sPVP has literally gotten nothing since 2018. This was touted as a core game mode for years and had esports aspirations. 

Dont get me wrong, I know we're not getting anything amazing or ongoing. We just desperately need a serious QOL release. We'll crawl back into our toxic holes after that.

Hire 10 of us as contractors and we'll BA the heck out of some changes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

On 5/21/2023 at 12:06 PM, Arnox.5128 said:

Did you not read the announcements? Further, why would they invest all this time and money into shipping a DX11 version of the game if they were just gonna keep it in maintenance mode? Do you KNOW how much work it probably took them to completely rewrite the backend of the client and then bug-test it so it was a perfect 1:1 with the old client? And THEN redo all the dev tools so that they're compatible with the new client? Hell, we even got a new SAB world map. Wasn't much, but it was something.

It's true that GW2 WAS in maintenance mode for a while. No argument there. But it's very clear that those days are behind us. And I absolutely hate that PvP has been neglected this much, but regardless of what you say, recently speaking, it's certainly not because GW2 is still in maintenance mode.

hope u feel like that still after u saw  last story release. 

• Confused 2

1 minute ago, Voraxen.2035 said:

When you say 'release', in any capacity, that's more than what pvp has gotten in 5 years. Not sure what you're fighting for here.

ehmmm if u call that content ok  . its more... yes. but only proof my point more how low the bar is for people now

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

21 minutes ago, CalmTheStorm.2364 said:

This thread has more bumps than a kid with pimples

Quietly keep it at the top till we are addressed. It showcases that we care about the mode, that there's enough players around to keep it at the top, and hopefully that helps anet decide the mode is worth investing in. Or publicly come out and denounce it. Then at least we know. 

• Like 2