What mode do you play the most?

Hitman.5829

@Doctor Hide.6345 said:

@Dreamy Lu.3865 said:I am playing PvE, fractals and WvW. In term of time, PvE wins. :)

Side note: I gave a few tries to PvP, but once there, it was too toxic for my taste (blaming, finger pointing, insults, rows between players...). I left and never returned to it. Maybe it was bad luck that each of my tries put me at times with such aggressive players ? I don't know. I was not there long enough to allow an opinion. I just prefer to stay out.

It has nothing to do with your luck. PvP players by themselves are a very toxic bunch quick to throw out insults if you mess up just a little. It is that way in all games that have PvP which is why I try to avoid PvP as much as possible. I do not play games to have people throw insults at me or tell me to off myself. It is not acceptable in the real world to do that, so it shouldn't be acceptable in games as well. They just lack proper respect and lack the skills to be courteous hence I avoid those kind of toxic players.

I can't remember the name of the PvP game that comes out at Christmas....it involves trying to get a 'ball' onto a platform - it is played inside an arena with tunnels and it is red vs blue. At any rate, the first year I participated in it I managed to get the ball and score. Yay me, right? Well uh no...I had some player whisper me dropping the F bomb when calling me names. To this day I have no idea what I did to warrant such abuse other than to the play the game the way I thought it was intended and that is to eliminate the opposing players, sink the ball and win. As a general thing I avoid PvP because I don't want the abuse when I inevitably do something wrong, whatever that is.

As far as this poll...I did choose the PvE option but that isn't entirely accurate. I don't raid, rarely do dungeons, occasionally do fractals and play in WvW to complete my dailies.

@Hitman.5829 said:PvE is player vs environment, this why I encapsulated everything from dungeons, fractals, map completion and ...(dot dot dot) everything else related to PvE

And PvP is player vs player, s by that standard shouldn't sPvP and WvW be counted as a single category?

Structured PvE and open world PvE have far less in common than sPvP and WvW do.

@fizzypetal.7936 said:I can't remember the name of the PvP game that comes out at Christmas....it involves trying to get a 'ball' onto a platform - it is played inside an arena with tunnels and it is red vs blue. At any rate, the first year I participated in it I managed to get the ball and score. Yay me, right? Well uh no...I had some player whisper me dropping the F bomb when calling me names. To this day I have no idea what I did to warrant such abuse other than to the play the game the way I thought it was intended and that is to eliminate the opposing players, sink the ball and win. As a general thing I avoid PvP because I don't want the abuse when I inevitably do something wrong, whatever that is.

Dragon Ball? There's no point scoring in that, you just shoot and kill the other team's players. If you mean the orange "ball" in the center that's a strong damage booster that only spawns rarely. Likely the other player was upset that you got it rather than him. Not that it justifies him talking to you like that, and you should report that sort of thing when it happens, but that was probably what set him off.

@UnDeadFun.5824 said:Seriously people, PVE ... includes everything else in pve. The game is split in to three generic game modes and yes within those game modes there are more specific roles. However you still fall into one of the three categories when you play.

Two, two categories. PvE or PvP.

I was a casual on pve, i play only open world, not dungeon (yea a little bit for gear since launch), not fractals, not raid (yea a couple times, my guild brought me to raid for more times i than i set foot in fractal)A friend of mine brought me to pvp, then i tried some wvw, it slowly became my only game mode unless there is new living world, new expansion, or my friends asked me for pvp...

@fizzypetal.7936 said:

@"Dreamy Lu.3865" said:I am playing PvE, fractals and WvW. In term of time, PvE wins. :)

Side note: I gave a few tries to PvP, but once there, it was too toxic for my taste (blaming, finger pointing, insults, rows between players...). I left and never returned to it. Maybe it was bad luck that each of my tries put me at times with such aggressive players ? I don't know. I was not there long enough to allow an opinion. I just prefer to stay out.

It has nothing to do with your luck. PvP players by themselves are a very toxic bunch quick to throw out insults if you mess up just a little. It is that way in all games that have PvP which is why I try to avoid PvP as much as possible. I do not play games to have people throw insults at me or tell me to off myself. It is not acceptable in the real world to do that, so it shouldn't be acceptable in games as well. They just lack proper respect and lack the skills to be courteous hence I avoid those kind of toxic players.

I can't remember the name of the PvP game that comes out at Christmas....it involves trying to get a 'ball' onto a platform - it is played inside an arena with tunnels and it is red vs blue. At any rate, the first year I participated in it I managed to get the ball and score. Yay me, right? Well uh no...I had some player whisper me dropping the F bomb when calling me names. To this day I have no idea what I did to warrant such abuse other than to the play the game the way I thought it was intended and that is to eliminate the opposing players, sink the ball and win. As a general thing I avoid PvP because I don't want the abuse when I inevitably do something wrong, whatever that is.

As far as this poll...I did choose the PvE option but that isn't entirely accurate. I don't raid, rarely do dungeons, occasionally do fractals and play in WvW to complete my dailies.

I forgot the same thing happened to me the first time I played that Wintersday game. The last couple of years yielded no insults, but that one year..man, I'd literally just stepped foot off the starting platform trying to figure out how to speed up the type of player I'd chosen, hadn't even made it to the center yet when the less than cheery whisper (paraphrased as "WTH you doing? Move your snow throwing behind"). Only it didn't stop with that one whisper, so after the 3rd one, I stopped moving completely and let the other team win, blocked the guy that whispered me and quit that activity for the day. I came back the next day, and picked another type of snowblowing character. Still to this day I dislike the slow moving power hurler, but I'd forgotten why, thank you for reminding me :).

Archived