sPvP Rifle change confusion

Stalima.5490

Obviously they mentioned the pve change but what is happening in pvp, its a little awkward to change how an ability works and not provide clarity, is the power ratio preserved in 1 projectile or is it nerfed by half? This was left increadibly unclear for spvp.

I can't imagine they'd half it though since that would make it weaker than the elixir gun but clarity is important.

Edited by Stalima.5490

2 hours ago, miriforst.1290 said:

It's pretty clear they want to nerf the weapon in both modes as they specify the weapon coefficient increase for pve only. You can probably thank our resident troll for that. Was fun running gadget/toolkit builds for a while when roaming.

Do you think the troll will stop trolling?

I don't think the nerf is a big deal , most of damage come from nade or other utility stuff, I will pick rifle if jump shot and overcharged shot still there.

Yeah, rifle auto attack is pure garbage in PvP after this change once again and will never get used. As someone mentioned, kitten elixir gun auto attack will outperform it now.

Anet really has no nuance when it comes to changes for us in competitive modes, do they? First they completely kill off sneak gyro, making it the weakest elite skill in the entire game in WvW. Now they murder rifle after it has finally seen some play and we actually USED the auto attack for once.

At least scrapper gets buffed, so hammer scrapper and sword holo is where it's at.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MaLong.2079 said:

I thought it was a clear nerf too until someone pointed out in another thread that the animation speed will be increased in pvp and wvw only. I guess we will have to wait and see how many shots per second we get now.

They are speculating, and rather strangely so.

What was stated during the stream was that the animation looks silly and fires way too fast. They thus removed one of the attacks in the channel to reduce the number of shots per second. As a compensation they buffed the coefficients in pve to keep the dps about the same. However in competitive modes they decided that mechanists while not too impactfull had too much output passively and so they removed one bullet without increasing any coefficients.

Edited by miriforst.1290

They definitely seem to be standardizing numbers across the board for some things.

As a developer in a similar environment, usually that means they are getting ready and making things easier for bigger changes in the future.

Hopefully... I am cautiously optimistic. It is still a nerf from what it was though, for sure.

Edited by Caiden.9074

38 minutes ago, Caiden.9074 said:

409 is the same base damage as the Rifle 1 on Warrior. They definitely seem to be standardizing numbers across the board for some things.

This isn't a very good balancing point because warriors have burst abilities that deal idiotic levels of damage on top of anything else they do.

furthermore they have volley which can actually hit even harder over its 5 shots, this ability alone can potentially deal upwards 20k damage in a basic strength berserker, something an engineer would have to sacrifice absloloutely everything to do and then still not come close.

Edited by Stalima.5490
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Caiden.9074 said:

They definitely seem to be standardizing numbers across the board for some things.

If that's the case then can we bump Engineer rifle to 1500 range or better, nerf Ranger longbow to 1200. It makes no sense to have pretty much all 2 handed ranged weapon to be 1200 except for Ranger longbow to be 1500 baseline.

Once again, Anet is just looking at a detail instead of the whole picture. 

• Like 1