QOL suggestion: Objective claiming made faster

Heibi.4251

There are so many times that we take an objective and we have to wait for all three guilds selected by the system to either claim or not claim the objective. 

Here's the suggestion:

Allow the guilds in the list to actively turn it down and automatically pass it to the next guild to claim or not, etc. "Claim" - YES = objective claimed. "Claim" - NO = Pass to next guild immediately no waiting.

Edited by Heibi.4251
  • Like 3

Yes, please implement this!  Nothing is worse than being the individual that clears the objective, then have to wait for three other guilds that are not even there (they were there when it flipped, or they died trying to cap it).  Or worse, a person from a larger guild steps in the circle, and they cannot even make the claim.

13 hours ago, Heibi.4251 said:

There are so many times that we take an objective and we have to wait for all three guilds selected by the system to either claim or not claim the objective. 

Here's the suggestion:

Allow the guilds in the list to actively turn it down and automatically pass it to the next guild to claim or not, etc. "Claim" - YES = objective claimed. "Claim" - NO = Pass to next guild immediately no waiting.

This is one that sounds good on paper but may not work well. Example, you have a guild squad running around. The squad is letting the driver determine if things should be claimed. In the squad there are 10 people that could claim. They all get the popup to claim.

The first 9 that have rights but are not making the call all say no to get the message off the screen, the driver says yes to do the actual claim. Under a code change they now would have lost the claim they were going to make. I get it, I also hate waiting around but it also has a reason for it when there are multiple people with the right to claim in the same event from the same guild. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

This is one that sounds good on paper but may not work well. Example, you have a guild squad running around. The squad is letting the driver determine if things should be claimed. In the squad there are 10 people that could claim. They all get the popup to claim.

The first 9 that have rights but are not making the call all say no to get the message off the screen, the driver says yes to do the actual claim. Under a code change they now would have lost the claim they were going to make. I get it, I also hate waiting around but it also has a reason for it when there are multiple people with the right to claim in the same event from the same guild. 

As someone leading a large guild in WvW I think that most already know whether they want to claim or not. Whether it be because they have a claim already or that they don't want to claim certain objectives like Keeps or Stonemist. We like to have a floating claim so we let other guilds claim large objectives. So we would love it if we could pass them on faster to the other groups running with us instead of standing around waiting for our turn to pass after we've "X'd" out of the claim.

3 hours ago, Heibi.4251 said:

As someone leading a large guild in WvW I think that most already know whether they want to claim or not. Whether it be because they have a claim already or that they don't want to claim certain objectives like Keeps or Stonemist. We like to have a floating claim so we let other guilds claim large objectives. So we would love it if we could pass them on faster to the other groups running with us instead of standing around waiting for our turn to pass after we've "X'd" out of the claim.

I agree, not a fan either but think its there for a valid reason but it would mean restricting members from claim rights which I don't think would be a preferred option over having to wait for the seconds required or having additional coding where its yes no and pass. Pass meaning wait till another of the guild says no.

1 hour ago, Justine.6351 said:

Shorten the que for camps down to 1 guild. 2 for towers and 3 for keeps. Drop the timer down to 3 seconds.

I think reducing the timer might do the job by itself without having as much recoding to do and be budget friendly. And besides it is a mini-game in itself to see the guild names that pop up and what that may spell out. Its childish but fun in its unintended ways. 

On 11/16/2022 at 6:51 AM, TheGrimm.5624 said:

It should be fairly simple to bypass this issue while still having 2 basic buttons. 

Think about it - why do we even have a generic no button? It doesnt serve any actual purpose. Pressing no and doing nothing is the same thing in the end.

The answer is easy: access to claim (no will be greyed out), access to give up claim (optional, like how it look now but no instantly pass to the next guild). It wouldnt restrict anyones claiming rights as pressing no isnt required. It just adds an extra access.

Bake in that this access can actually give you a button to *unclaim* something without claiming something else and you got a 2-for-1.

Edited by Dawdler.8521
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

I think reducing the timer might do the job by itself without having as much recoding to do and be budget friendly. And besides it is a mini-game in itself to see the guild names that pop up and what that may spell out. Its childish but fun in its unintended ways. 

Yeah I actually forgot I use the claim que while roaming to know roughly who and how many to expect.

12 hours ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

It should be fairly simple to bypass this issue while still having 2 basic buttons. 

Think about it - why do we even have a generic no button? It doesnt serve any actual purpose. Pressing no and doing nothing is the same thing in the end.

The answer is easy: access to claim (no will be greyed out), access to give up claim (optional, like how it look now but no instantly pass to the next guild). It wouldnt restrict anyones claiming rights as pressing no isnt required. It just adds an extra access.

Bake in that this access can actually give you a button to *unclaim* something without claiming something else and you got a 2-for-1.

Could see these options as long as give up claim was a guild permission level so we could give members right to claim but limit those that can pass. Would still reduce the countdown timer overall. Still see this as the main culprit that might remove the issue, but like the value add.