Dear ANet: It's Not Too Late!

CalmTheStorm.2364

On 11/19/2022 at 11:30 AM, Shadowpeixera.2918 said:

My cat is asking the build.

Its really any build that uses Sentinel stats and Burst Mastery Precision. You have low-ish damage with almost no crits, but your burst has 100% chance to crit and hits hard. A lot of players get lulled in by how weak the normal attacks are, but once you CC them or hit them with a burst they drop quickly. It can take most opening bursts from other players and still have 15-20k hp left over.

Edited by Lan Deathrider.5910
delayed fixing of toddler induced typo.
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Its really any build that uses Sentinel stats and Burst Mastery. You have low-ish damage with almost no crits, but your burst has 100% chance to crit and hits hard. A lot of players get lulled in by how weak the normal attacks are, but once you CC them or hit them with a burst they drop quickly. It can take most opening bursts from other players and still have 15-20k hp left over.

Are you sure you mean Burst Mastery in the Discipline line and not Burst Precision in the Arms line?

Because it's Burst Precision that gives 100% critical chance on Bursts.

Most of the conversation in this thread had been around Berserker, but I want to point out that I think Bladesworn is pretty close to viable in PvP. It still has good damage, a nice mix of ranged and melee attacks, and really good healing. Sure, the spec has many issues that can and should be redesigned at some future date, but I think it could be at least competitive if they simply put some stability back on it.

Here's hoping they do something so the spec doesn't stay dead for the next few months until the next patch.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CalmTheStorm.2364 said:

Most of the conversation in this thread had been around Berserker, but I want to point out that I think Bladesworn is pretty close to viable in PvP. It still has good damage, a nice mix of ranged and melee attacks, and really good healing. Sure, the spec has many issues that can and should be redesigned at some future date, but I think it could be at least competitive if they simply put some stability back on it.

Here's hoping they do something so the spec doesn't stay dead for the next few months until the next patch.

Correct.

Rooting is worth some stab.

Not -all- the stab.

Not -no- stab.

Some.

Id prefer if it was tied to daring dragon and refreshed when you re-entered dt, but heres hoping they approach it with nuance.

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261

3 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Yeah, the issue now with BSW is that they took the stab away almost completely.

They should have put the stability back on Flow Stabilizer if they were going to revert DSD back to the beta version.

I'm all for stab being back on flow stabilizer (let it keep the Fury, though, as BS has very little access to Fury otherwise).

I do think that there needs to be stab somewhere else in BS's kit, preferably on triggerguard. Otherwise, you get into a situation where you have to take a specific utility skill for your build to be viable, and that's never a good thing. If something is integral for a spec to function (stability in this case), it needs to be accessible in the base kit, not only in utilities.

29 minutes ago, CalmTheStorm.2364 said:

I'm all for stab being back on flow stabilizer (let it keep the Fury, though, as BS has very little access to Fury otherwise).

I do think that there needs to be stab somewhere else in BS's kit, preferably on triggerguard. Otherwise, you get into a situation where you have to take a specific utility skill for your build to be viable, and that's never a good thing. If something is integral for a spec to function (stability in this case), it needs to be accessible in the base kit, not only in utilities.

One solution is to also remove the CD from Brave Stride.

17 hours ago, CalmTheStorm.2364 said:

But that forces you to play Bladesworn and i can think of better fates.

1 minute ago, CalmTheStorm.2364 said:

I would absolutely love if that were true in PvP. Alas, currently SpB is A tier but everything else is C tier.

Glad there are good builds in PvE though!

Do bear in mind, i'm being tongue in cheek here because we had a time when only TR Shoutsworn was being played, and everything else was subpar. There were some moments in our lives where Warrior was kinda lacking and we had very few options, so i'm kinda trust Anet to be consistent here and put us back into the program.