Pinata suggestion

Metaljaw.6437

The OP's suggestion is in my opinion reasonable. It isn't confined to Pinata though, you see it with The Shatterer pre events, Behemoth and a few others. Large numbers of people waiting around content to let others do the pre events.

I've said for quite some time that the pre-events should grant a buff. It doesn't give increases to damage, but instead removes the "Common" drops from the loot table and forces the game to pick from the remaining loot tiers.

That way everyone, even if you "turn up late" gets loot, but those that have taken part in the pre events get slightly better loot.

It rewards playing the game as it is supposed to be played.

• Like 1

If Anet only cared, they would add a buff for 10-15 coins collected, 3 of those would give the right to participate in Pinata.

Because for every player that collects coins there are 3-4 afk during coin collections events.  But this is Arena.net we talking about they like to entourage slakers and leechers.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, phs.6089 said:

If Anet only cared, they would add a buff for 10-15 coins collected, 3 of those would give the right to participate in Pinata.

Because for every player that collects coins there are 3-4 afk during coin collections events.  But this is Arena.net we talking about they like to entourage slakers and leechers.

Yes and then pinata would fail since to few people with buff means pinata run away.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Andy.5981 said:

Large numbers of people waiting around content to let others do the pre events.

Except that those pre-events seem designed for only a few players and having the whole zerg show up would be massive overkill.

If 20 people turned up to close the portals before behe, I doubt many of them would even manage to tag the event.

• Like 1

I disagree on both counts.

You forget the pre events scale. Showing up wouldn't be an issue due to the fact that if they granted a buff that increased the quality of your loot, you can bet your bottom dollar that people would be waiting at the pre-vent spawn points in order to complete them and get the buff I proposed.

As an example, it doesnt seem to cause any problems at the Ice Pillars that spawn before Claw of Jormag is shot down.

Edited by Andy.5981
  • Like 1

It is imperative to remember, for things like this (too easy, dies too easily, should have more checks,  etc), suggest with excessive caution.

The track record is that other bonus things will get bundled in, things that you didn't think of and didn't know you really really didn't wanted.

Besides, before amal was added to the event, there was a max of 1 successful instance per timing, and the pinata often got away on instances other than the main one (pre-eod), or at least made it out of the gate or even to the bridge.

This is old content, humans will be humans, best to leave the structure alone. 

(Some minor adjustment like, better use for coins or better rewards given per stage would hopefully be safe. Definitely no overhaul. Absolutely no)

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Yes. Often very badly. Trust me, you do not want more than a few players at the (mentioned by you) shatterer collection preevent. With a lot of participants, the collection goes way slower.

Thanks for the advice. I've been playing since release, have run 13 characters (comprising of at least 1 of each class) through every single bit of open world content and know the events and maps like the back of my hand. Im well aware it runs slower with more people.

Back in the day when there were a lot of participants in these pre events, the they were always done within the time and rarely failed. You are fretting over nothing.

If and it is an if, Anet decided to implement something like the OP or I suggested to boost rewards based on participation of pre events, you can be assured that people would do them.

Edited by Andy.5981
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Andy.5981 said:

Back in the day when there were a lot of participants in these pre events, the they were always done within the time and rarely failed.

Well, duh, that event does not have a failure state. Back in the day when Shatterer was still its old version, and was not on a specific timer, that preevent could be up for hours if noone bothered to do it. Even now, the "failure state" is not for the preevent itself but only for the shatterer spawn window.

Edited by Astralporing.1957
  • Confused 4

4 hours ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Well, duh, that event does not have a failure state. Back in the day when Shatterer was still its old version, and was not on a specific timer, that preevent could be up for hours if noone bothered to do it. Even now, the "failure state" is not for the preevent itself but only for the shatterer spawn window.

Thank you for tightening up my English. When I said Fail, it was meant in the context of if the pre events weren't done within the timer for luring out the Shatterer, then the Shatterer spawn would fail. I've seen that happen a few times where people just sat and assumed the Pre's were being done.

Anyway enough replying to fretting. OP's post warrants Anet looking at it.

• Like 1