Mech Buff Needed

firadesunna.9275

There already are too Mechanists running around, making the experience worse for other players. There doesn't need to be more incentive for people to play it.

That aside, neither Rangers, nor Elementalists or Necromancers are able to dye their AI summons, so I doubt it'll happen for the toxic heap of junk.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

On 11/18/2022 at 9:49 AM, Fueki.4753 said:

There already are too Mechanists running around, making the experience worse for other players. There doesn't need to be more incentive for people to play it.

That aside, neither Rangers, nor Elementalists or Necromancers are able to dye their AI summons, so I doubt it'll happen for the toxic heap of junk.

Ranger is a bad example because they have the most pet variety in the game and multiple versions of the same pet. (Drake Family, Bear family, ect.)

Necromancer has 5 different pets and theirs actually work underwater. 

Mech's entire theme is that you have 1 (one) customizable pet. So there is good reason to include this option. 

Edited by Kuma.1503
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, Kuma.1503 said:

Mech's entire theme is that you have 1 (one) customizable pet. So there is good reason to include this option. 

And Mechanist's main problem is that there already are too many players playing it and the disgustingly high amount of goo robots ruins the game experience for others.

Thus not making it dyeable and preventing a potentially high increase in the numbers of these goo robots in the world is the overall healthier option.

We need to prevent more incentives to play it, not advocate for them. If anything, we need ways to make that thing less visible on our screens.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Fueki.4753 said:

And Mechanist's main problem is that there already are too many players playing it and the disgustingly high amount of goo robots ruins the game experience for others.

Thus not making it dyeable and preventing a potentially high increase in the numbers of these goo robots in the world is the overall healthier option.

We need to prevent more incentives to play it, not advocate for them. If anything, we need ways to make that thing less visible on our screens.

If I'm following your logic correctly... 

Mech's visual clutter ruins the game experience for other people. 

Ruining the game for other people is bad. 

So to fix this, we just have to ruin the experience for mech players. 

Because ruining the game for other people is bad (unless it's the people we don't like). 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

On 11/18/2022 at 5:36 AM, xellink.7568 said:

Count the Mechas in this Dragonstorm event. 

0SYaW93.png (759×604) (imgur.com)

Some colour change might reduce the hate people have. But the over-representation is real. 

Dragonstorm is so ridiculously boring that it's not surprising people are bringing mechs and just mentally checking out for most of it.

Putting it another way, would you rather they be on a different profession and double the time it takes to finish the fight?

Edited by Atmaweapon.7345
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Kuma.1503 said:

So to fix this, we just have to ruin the experience for mech players.

How'd it ruin the experience for Mechanists, if the colouration simply stays the same? Their experience stays the same, it doesn't get worse.

How'd it ruin the experience for Mechanists when I had the option to reduce the displayed goo robot size on my end? It wouldn't effect other players in any way.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Fueki.4753 said:

How'd it ruin the experience for Mechanists, if the colouration simply stays the same? Their experience stays the same, it doesn't get worse.

How'd it ruin the experience for Mechanists when I had the option to reduce the displayed goo robot size on my end? It wouldn't effect other players in any way.

The later is fine, and arguably should happen. Among other changes that are long overdue... Like being able to turn off other people's backpieces. Those cause even more of an obstruction because they cause some people's PCs to drop FPS, especially when there are a lot of them on your screen. 

As annoying as this  is, I don't think the correct response is prevent incentives for people to use these flashy FPS dropping backpieces. The correct choice is to give us the option to turn them off, and on this I think we can agree. 

Actively obstructing attempts to make the game more enjoyable for engineer players... on the engineer subforum, the dedicated location to discuss QoL improvements and such. That isn't the way to go.

There's good reason why customization should happen, especially with the recent "stack with your mech" nerf, so players can customize their mech, quickly pick it out of the crowd, and stack with it more easily. It improves readability for the people playing it. 

As much as I can empathize with people for hating Mech, the most toxic/unhelathy thing isn't the existance of these goo robots, it's the playerbase's attitude toward them and the people who play them. 

I just don't see why we can't have both. Improve customization for mech players. Let others turn the robots off if they don't want to see them. Everyone wins. 

Edited by Kuma.1503
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

Dear Santa,

For Christmas I wish for:
• Reduce jade mech size by 1/6 (maybe even 1/5).
• Reduce mech skill attack visual effect sizes too (same ratio as above).
• Make a color channel for the jade green (but not the metallic gold because no doubt some naughty players would make abhorrent color schemes with two channels).
• Make the attack effects use the color from the jade green dye channel.
• Make the Superconducting Signet AoE color neutral lightning field (no green puddle pls).

Edited by Jukhy.2431
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Atmaweapon.7345 said:

Dragonstorm is so ridiculously boring that it's not surprising people are bringing mechs and just mentally checking out for most of it.

Putting it another way, would you rather they be on a different profession and double the time it takes to finish the fight?

Dragonstorm is so boring even the commander is bored with it...

"Elder dragons.  This might take a few rounds." 🤡

When your character has a voiceline joking about the copy/pasted design.