Why is there so little care for PvP in this game?

Aodlop.1907

23 minutes ago, Multicolorhipster.9751 said:

Its Arenanet's responsibility to monitor if you ask me.

It's possible to have a game be competitive and friendly at the same time, there just has to be some integrity enforced when people inevitably start getting angry and extra and fairness in the competition so that it happens less often.

Yeah but with the salt amulet that's just a joke I think. 

Hehe funnee when it's a subtle nod in game, but it hits different when some rat person is saying it to other rat people behind everyone else's back

Blizzard started taking that more seriously for overwatch recently and its been a big improvement. But I'm not sure how often game companies pay mind to that. 

2 hours ago, RedAvenged.5217 said:

It’s not one thing that happened it’s been over time.

anet even tried to make a discord an official community one, but the streamers and mods in charge were the toxic members of the community, so they had to call it off.

currently the only pvp discord that’s big atm, I had to leave and report- to many insane people telling other pvpers to hang themselves and stuff.

this is why I recommend just playing for fun and blocking and reporting in game when someone is toxic. These things are coming from players commonly banned

That's going to be a massive blocklist.

17 minutes ago, Crab Fear.8623 said:

I am a Florida Man, let him threaten me IRL

If how they play the game is anything to go on, they'll probably just hire bitcoin assassins or the likes to do the dirty work.

It's to be numbers against skill again.

2 minutes ago, Dr Meta.3158 said:

Blizzard started taking that more seriously for overwatch recently and its been a big improvement. But I'm not sure how often game companies pay mind to that. 

Pretty often. Gw2's pvp is among the worst because its total neglect, and they get away with it because it's only the smallest part of a larger game.

With games like overwatch(the original) you're going to see more effort and community interactions because there's no where else to go other than a different game entirely.

They gave up on it after the winners of their last "eSports" PvP tournament told the entire viewership that they were going to a different game because of the lack of support for the game mode.

They literally never recovered after that.

Edited by bLind.6278