Great to see GW2 on sale on Steam

Barnesy.5839

3 minutes ago, costepj.5120 said:

I have bought stacks of stuff from the store, all funded with in game gold (which the game showers you with).

And why were you able to purchase that stuff with in game gold? Where does the money for those items come from?

also, 30 hours a week since the game release. holy kitten. You're definitely NOT the average player, so pretending your experience is anything but the extreme 1% is disingenuous.

Edited by DexterousGecko.6328
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, costepj.5120 said:

10 years of WoW = nearly $2,000. My 10 years of GW2 has cost me less than $150 (for the base game and 3 expansions). I have everything I want unlocked on GW2, for as long as the servers are running. The moment you stop paying your WoW sub, what have you got?

Like I understand you can't read, but I explicitly mentioned new players, not old players. New players will have to buy the living world seasons. Moreover, in WoW, you can just buy tokens to pay the subscription and the expansion which is easy even for new players.

• Confused 3

On 11/23/2022 at 9:46 AM, Bear.9568 said:

New World's 24hr peak is literally 75k higher than gw2 lol. This kitten that people say just to comment is ridiculous.

https://steamcharts.com/app/1063730

https://steamcharts.com/app/1284210

To be fair GW 2 has A LOT of players that play not using steam and I think New World requires steam to play correct?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

I think everyone needs to work out for themselves which business model works for them, because there's a lot of factors which will be different for each person. For example I prefer non-subscription games because my free time is very erratic. I can never know how much time I'll have to play over the next 30 days and there's been many times I expected to be able to get a lot done in a game and then barely logged in (and other times I wasn't expecting to play much and ended up online every day).

And yes I know if you assume I do log in every day it works out comparable to over-priced coffee but for me it would often be like buying a coffee, taking a few sips and then having to throw it away because I can't take it on my train.

Even if it worked out more expensive I'd much rather buy stuff which isn't time limited and will be there for me whenever I want to use it, and then be able to play as and when I feel like it without worrying about if I'm getting my money's worth. But whenever I've added it up I spend much less on this game than I would on a subscription, even with gem store purchases.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Danikat.8537 said:

I think everyone needs to work out for themselves which business model works for them, because there's a lot of factors which will be different for each person. For example I prefer non-subscription games because my free time is very erratic. I can never know how much time I'll have to play over the next 30 days and there's been many times I expected to be able to get a lot done in a game and then barely logged in (and other times I wasn't expecting to play much and ended up online every day).

And yes I know if you assume I do log in every day it works out comparable to over-priced coffee but for me it would often be like buying a coffee, taking a few sips and then having to throw it away because I can't take it on my train.

Even if it worked out more expensive I'd much rather buy stuff which isn't time limited and will be there for me whenever I want to use it, and then be able to play as and when I feel like it without worrying about if I'm getting my money's worth. But whenever I've added it up I spend much less on this game than I would on a subscription, even with gem store purchases.

I agree with the whole non-sub games thing. Purchase games who have a costume/QoL shop are perfect. It avoids the subscription while still giving the Devs a source of income outside of expansions to keep a crew paid to continue servicing the game.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Khalgir.3862 said:

. The game has outdated graphics and is unappealing for new players. 

Gw2 has better graphics than wow  cartoonish 1990s graphics. Still this day wow outifts and armors set and weapon still using 2d pixel lol 

Im sorry but you are wrong gw2 has better graphics

• Like 2

On 11/23/2022 at 5:56 AM, Barnesy.5839 said:

It was towards the top of the main Steam sale page.

A small suggestion: when you hover over the game's tile on the store page, a short 5 second video plays which showcases the game. The video shows five 1-second scenes. Some of the scenes are kinda cool like the boss attacking. But most of them are a bit ambiguous/vague/boring. I think the scenes should show action scenes: Bosses doing cool attacks, player characters wielding big flashy weapons doing cool attacks, and/or epic combat scenes with the camera panning around some epic battle.

how about, they fix the game first before worrying about little kitten things like this LOL

• Confused 2