Ranger pvp build

InvisibleRasta.7865

1 hour ago, InvisibleRasta.7865 said:

Hello guys, I have seen around a bunch of rangers running longbow-GS with a pretty tanky build and that it immobilizes you all the time. anyone has it?

well...  i can pretty much tell you about all the builds there are for ranger...  but it would definitely help if you atleast tell us what elitespec he was using.

Druid?

I use @Mell.4873 's  Shortbow and Axe/Warhorn CC Untamed build to shut down a target for a prolonged period of time. Won a lot of games and a few winstreaks. Had a 57% winrate at one point before my winrate plummeted when I began playing Bladesworn so I could finish my Ascension achievement. I'm back up to a 55% winrate now, though. Also works well when roaming in WvW with Marauder gear and durability runes.

The key is to not spam all of your CC's right away, but to instead wait a couple seconds between CCs. Eventually the enemy will run out of stunbreaks and you will begin chain CCing him over and over till he's dead. I start in Unleashed Pet and with Shortbow, press F1 F2 and F3 when in range of your target and press Shortbow 5 to stun. Press F5 to switch to Unleashed Ranger. The wolf is my first pet and his F2 and F3 are set to auto and he usually F2's immediately. I then use Shortbow 2 and then Shortbow 4. Then I switch weapons and pet to Electric Wyvern. Press F2 so the Wyvern does he stun charge. Use Warhorn 5, then 4, then axe 3 and then 2. Press F3 to get the Wyvern to use his knockback. Then use healing trap if I need to, and then Spike Trap to reset my cooldowns and repeat. Fervent Force is being changed in the upcoming patch, so who knows if this build will remain viable.

I felt that the greatsword build you see on Metabattle wasn't anywhere near as strong. It's main shtick is opening a fight with a tremendous amount of burst damage (teleport onto target > pet's chomp + greatsword 2 > 5 > 2), but it is too easy for the combo to be broken (you and/or your pet don't teleport onto the target, target dodges away or become immune to your stun), and then you're out of tricks.

On 11/24/2022 at 3:59 PM, RedAvenged.5217 said:

If it’s constant immob it is probably just a power based druid build, which is consistent with longbow great sword.

it should basically be the build Boyce plays and is on metabattle.com

but tbh it’s not a good build. Boyce doesn’t play the best builds, though he’s a decent player

"A decent player" ... LMAO that guy can play the worst build in the game and beat 99% of the playerbase with it. Yea... totally decent player xddd

2 hours ago, Koensol.5860 said:

"A decent player" ... LMAO that guy can play the worst build in the game and beat 99% of the playerbase with it. Yea... totally decent player xddd

When I played on eu I would always smash him 1v1.

and yeah decent player for sure. I would never put him down as the number 1 ranger- I think at least Eura way way ahead of him on list of best pro league rangers

On 11/25/2022 at 11:39 PM, Valfar.3761 said:

I use @Mell.4873 's  Shortbow and Axe/Warhorn CC Untamed build to shut down a target for a prolonged period of time. Won a lot of games and a few winstreaks. Had a 57% winrate at one point before my winrate plummeted when I began playing Bladesworn so I could finish my Ascension achievement. I'm back up to a 55% winrate now, though. Also works well when roaming in WvW with Marauder gear and durability runes.

The key is to not spam all of your CC's right away, but to instead wait a couple seconds between CCs. Eventually the enemy will run out of stunbreaks and you will begin chain CCing him over and over till he's dead. I start in Unleashed Pet and with Shortbow, press F1 F2 and F3 when in range of your target and press Shortbow 5 to stun. Press F5 to switch to Unleashed Ranger. The wolf is my first pet and his F2 and F3 are set to auto and he usually F2's immediately. I then use Shortbow 2 and then Shortbow 4. Then I switch weapons and pet to Electric Wyvern. Press F2 so the Wyvern does he stun charge. Use Warhorn 5, then 4, then axe 3 and then 2. Press F3 to get the Wyvern to use his knockback. Then use healing trap if I need to, and then Spike Trap to reset my cooldowns and repeat. Fervent Force is being changed in the upcoming patch, so who knows if this build will remain viable.

I felt that the greatsword build you see on Metabattle wasn't anywhere near as strong. It's main shtick is opening a fight with a tremendous amount of burst damage (teleport onto target > pet's chomp + greatsword 2 > 5 > 2), but it is too easy for the combo to be broken (you and/or your pet don't teleport onto the target, target dodges away or become immune to your stun), and then you're out of tricks.

Only problem here is it is entirely ranged, and thus will get shut down by nearly any class you come across.  

For OP, you can immob on really any of the ranger elites, depending on how you build them.