If is possible to play Power Berserker today in any content?

StargazerEX.7031

Power Berserker is my favorite class in this game, i really stoped playing the game when i see they have been nerfed to the ground to give space to bladesworn, a Elite that i refuse to play because is only a edgy boy samurai and i hate that concept. Thing is, Do we have any response from Anet as to when they will patch Power Berserker, or is there any way to be effective with it in your current situation?

• Like 1

Of course it's still 'usable', but the problem is that Bladesworn and Berserker are competing for the same thing: Power Melee DPS. And in the end, when you look at the numbers, Bladesworn (before the Nov.29th patch) outperforms Berserker on the DPS charts.

We'll see how things look after this patch.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Scalacious.4139 said:

Pick up a hammer and choose all bottom in Strength and Defense, as well as all top in Berserker and go nuts 😎

Does that work in pvp?

It will get you kicked in pve for sure.

Power berserker will be decent after today. still weaker than bladesworn or spellbreaker but also far from trash reaper tier.

Edited by Nephalem.8921
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Scalacious.4139 said:

Na, in PvP you go all bottom, just like Lan Deathrider said 😂

And why would it get you kicked in PvE? It deals decent damage, never had problems with it.

Hammer defense berserker does decent damage? im curious. do you have logs?

Hammer spellbreaker can be decent but not sure about that.

6 minutes ago, Nephalem.8921 said:

Hammer defense berserker does decent damage? im curious. do you have logs?

Hammer spellbreaker can be decent but not sure about that.

Why do you accept that Hammer Spellbreaker can deal decent damage but are doubtful when it comes to Hammer Berserker? Both use the same basic traitlines and both give some sort of damage bonus in the elite, like Pure Strike and Attacker's Insight for Spellbreaker and Blood Reaction and Bloody Roar for Berserker.

The Hammer Trait in Defense even got a small buff in todays patch.

Edited by Scalacious.4139
  • Confused 1

Just now, Scalacious.4139 said:

Why do you accept that Hammer Spellbreaker can deal decent damage but are doubtful when it comes to Hammer Berserker? Both use the same basic traitlines and both give some sort of damage bonus in the elite, like Pure Strike and Attacker's Insight for Spellbreaker and Blood Reaction and Bloody Roar for Berserker.

Spellbreaker has better mods and hammer cc skills apply attacker's insight. Attacker's insight adds 750 stats. its ridiculous.

Merciless hammer is also only working vs bosses after today. It looks decent in open world but you definitely need berserkers power in groups.

It's interesting to me how people put "the meta" on such a pedestal, that "mediocre DPS in raids" ends up becoming "literally unplayable in all game modes," to the perception of some.

Yes, you can play Power Zerker in practically any game mode. They do good bursty damage and are great at mowing down mobs in open world, meta events, most Fractals, etc. If you want to take it to raids, expect to be middle DPS at best. 

And in general you'll be squishy until/unless you learn when to use headbutt, outrage, and blood reckoning. And of course be good at dodging. But make yourself survivable and you'll consistently hang with top DPS in open world junk, if nothing else. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Stadsport.8714 said:

It's interesting to me how people put "the meta" on such a pedestal, that "mediocre DPS in raids" ends up becoming "literally unplayable in all game modes," to the perception of some.

Yes, you can play Power Zerker in practically any game mode. They do good bursty damage and are great at mowing down mobs in open world, meta events, most Fractals, etc. If you want to take it to raids, expect to be middle DPS at best. 

And in general you'll be squishy until/unless you learn when to use headbutt, outrage, and blood reckoning. And of course be good at dodging. But make yourself survivable and you'll consistently hang with top DPS in open world junk, if nothing else. 

For me, it's less of "the meta" and more how ridiculous it is to have two of the elite specs for a single profession compete with eachother over the same pedestal. If it were more the case that berserker was the obvious "you pick this for condi and nothing else" and spellbreaker were "pick this for the big number on swing", I would have far less of a problem with how things are laid out.

That being said, Berserker plays well, and I run it over all of the other especs because of that.

4 minutes ago, Kalthea.4326 said:

For me, it's less of "the meta" and more how ridiculous it is to have two of the elite specs for a single profession compete with eachother over the same pedestal. If it were more the case that berserker was the obvious "you pick this for condi and nothing else" and spellbreaker were "pick this for the big number on swing", I would have far less of a problem with how things are laid out.

That being said, Berserker plays well, and I run it over all of the other especs because of that.

I generally agree with you here, though playing devil's advocate, I'd probably argue that Bladesworn is annoyingly stationary and only excels at single target raid bosses for that reason. Meanwhile I can spin2win and move and even jump while it's happening and hit multiple targets, which is why I think pZerker is BEST for open world stuff. 

I admittedly have zero experience with Spellbreaker, but my impression is it's a little tankier and right now a little better suited for PvP, but seems like this has been changing a lot lately. 

4 hours ago, Nephalem.8921 said:

Spellbreaker has better mods and hammer cc skills apply attacker's insight. Attacker's insight adds 750 stats. its ridiculous.

I don't wanna confirm anything, but they just fixed Berserker's Power bug, Fatal Frenzy is not that far away from Attacker's Insight, but yeah, seems like spellbreaker still just better with the hammer build tbh, i just wanna try hammer berserker with Defense.

1 hour ago, Stadsport.8714 said:

I generally agree with you here, though playing devil's advocate, I'd probably argue that Bladesworn is annoyingly stationary and only excels at single target raid bosses for that reason. Meanwhile I can spin2win and move and even jump while it's happening and hit multiple targets, which is why I think pZerker is BEST for open world stuff. 

I admittedly have zero experience with Spellbreaker, but my impression is it's a little tankier and right now a little better suited for PvP, but seems like this has been changing a lot lately. 

Bladesworn is a design nightmare. Or, rather, I should say that it has caused the entirety of Warrior to become a design nightmare, what with it being yet another power DPS,having high survivability, and only serving to display the issues with locking down a character.

Also, yeah, Spellbreaker is a PvP oriented spec, considering how few enemies in PvE actually have boons to strip.

12 hours ago, Kalthea.4326 said:

Also, yeah, Spellbreaker is a PvP oriented spec, considering how few enemies in PvE actually have boons to strip.

Breaching strike deals 50% more damage to enemies without boons as of the last patch from yesterday. With every update of lately they increased Spellbreakers PvE abilities, which is a welcome sight.

Spellbreaker is fine in PvE, with the new patch the dagger/axe + gs or hammer (I prefer GS for mobility) will be probably even stronger, decent/good in PvP as well in a hands of mediocre player.

Not sure about zerker in PvE but just because it's not on snowcrows does not mean that it's unplayable.

If you don't care about being top dps then you probably don't have to worry about it too much. I am curious about pzerker as well, so I will give it another shot since I don't really like the condi variation.

I did try zerker in PvP and it just does not feel very reliant considering that most of your damage is tied to burst, unlike spellbreaker which is more forgiving when you make mistake.

It's fun when you mow down unsuspecting peeps with GS burst or bonk them with hammer, but considering how many boons gets thrown around including stab, aegis etc., it's way more difficult to land good impactful hit.

Edited by Greyrat.2378
  • Thanks 1