Firebrand tomes massively bugged [Merged]

Hello.

I tried the firebrands new tomes and it seems they are horribly bugged. Sometimes the layout suddenly switched to the core Guardian (but with firebrand tomes icons) that you can't see how many pages you have.

After that happend it seems you only have two pages, no matter how many pages you had before.

Additionally, you will only have a maximum of two pages or in worst case you will lose all pages and  no page will ever refresh.

Edited by VVhiteTheEntity.9273
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

I have also experienced this in PvE.

Tome page count indicator disappears, even outside combat. Have also had all the Tome skill icons grey out and become unusable, even when I know I have pages available to use.

When first entering a map all tomes are disabled (greyed out with no page count icons). I have to use the mount trick (see below) to get them working. Not even entering combat will enable them. Pages should start charging when entering a map, like the Mirage daggers.

Pages don't charge when on a mount.

Hopping on a mount does reset the GUI, but this is only a temporary fix because it just does it again. changing elite spec to something else and then back to Firebrand also works, but again, it is only temporary. 

Please fix these issues.

Edited by Fury Bladelock.6853
Adding more info about the bug
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1: can confirm that the pages don't reset with, nor are the skills affected by, the mistlock singularity in fractals. 

2: It looks like a lot more page bugs seem to happen in low-level areas, as if the page maximums and regen rates are both scaling with effective level. Or something. 

To add some other stuff: the page regen rate is really weird even at level 80. Theoretically, if I pull out one of my books and use a 2-page-cost skill with full pages, and then immediately drop the tome, it will take 16 seconds for those two pages to regenerate - the exact same amount of time a 20-second-recharge skill will take with alacrity. However, I'm regularly finding that when my two pages come back, that skill is still on cooldown. As near as I can tell, the pages are using some sort of internal 8-second repeating timer, and every time it rolls over you get a page back if you're missing any - I've actually had it happen where I had full pages, used a skill that cost 2 pages and dropped the tome, and then about 2 seconds later was back up to missing only one page.

Also vaguely unrelated but: swift scholar is also very bugged. It gives quickness when you take a book out, yes, and refunds a page properly, but its internal cooldown is not working properly. It seems to be coded so that the trait still thinks it's proc'ing on tome equip and tome stow (even though it only proc's on tome equip now), because the ICD doesn't seem to start counting until you stow your tome. 

There is a bug that allows you to quickly reset (remove) the cooldown of virtue traits - so called Dormant effects.

To remove the Dormant effect, all you have to do is sit on a chair, summon a mount, or equip a bundle that replaces the skillbar. It works with certain novelties,  tonics, transformations etc. and by switching the build temple to another elite specialization.

Renewed Focus restore only 5 pages, always ignoring additional 3 pages from Archivist of Whispers.

• Stow Tome causes a slight aftercast cooldown of the tomes, while Drop bundle does not.
  • While active, Tome of Resolve and Tome of Courage tooltips are replaced with Virtue of Resolve and Virtue of Courage tooltips containing wrong properties and cooldown icons.
  • Pages do not gain charges while riding a Raptor Taxi or resting in a chair.
  • Basically, any thing that alters the skillbar also changes profession mechanic from firebrand to core guardian, and at that time stops generating pages and messes up tooltips, stats and traits. This can be observed by looking at the build tab in the Hero panel.
Edited by Liliana Moore.4237

My testing, I found when you go into Tome of Justice and use Chapter 4.  You will not regain tome pages unless you use another tome page.  If you leave Tome Of Justice to use weapon skills you will continue to not generate pages until you use another tome skill.  This is the only tome skill I found the issue on and others folks had the same issue when testing. 

https://streamable.com/slfy7g

Edited by xKCx Striker.4180
  • Like 3

26 minutes ago, xKCx Striker.4180 said:

My testing, I found when you go into Tome of Justice and use Chapter 4.  You will not regain tome pages unless you use another tome page.  If you leave Tome Of Justice to use weapon skills you will continue to not generate pages until you use another tome skill.  This is the only tome skill I found the issue on and others folks had the same issue when testing. 

https://streamable.com/slfy7g

Ye that seems to be it, def needs fixing asap. 

Some further testing seems to indicate it's a little more complicated than that. 

• A firebrand tome's page-generation timer will now begin after the first time pages are consumed instead of always being active.

Skill 4 in f1 doesn't seem to start the timer, if you've already activated the timer, you can safely enter, cast skill 4 and leave, without any issues. 

Hilariously enough, with Archivist of Whispers, you could lock yourself permanently on 0 pages with no way to activate the timer

Edited by lodjur.1284