Tankpest

Sahne.6950

34 minutes ago, Vortigern.1987 said:

All those modifiers are for outgoing healing only, which means that the caster should not profit from them at all.

thats nothing new.... lol

but even without the modifiers the basevalue is enough to turn you into a raidboss...  The grove build i was sharing wont die to anything unless outnumbered.

might be fine for largescale... but for smallscale its just poorly balanced, if the enemy group has two of those, no one will die.

Edited by Sahne.6950

On 12/5/2022 at 3:23 AM, Sahne.6950 said:

Solemn....  go ahead and test it!  5k is even lowballed.... but you think im overexxagerating... which shows that you havent tested any of this at all.... "GREAT POWER OF TEMPEST" yeah.... maybe one day you will discover it... .But that day obviously hasnt come yet.

you seem to have tomatoes on your eyes, or you are finally enjoying the signetTempest build and dont want it nerfed!    yes....  i saw that video 😉

Just run away from the tempest?!. bad thing if you meet two clowns like me and a friend and we just keep tanktesting in your homecamp with 2 tempests. I want to see you walk away in shame from the camp your unable to cap, just because there is 2 Tempests eating a sandwich.🥪   Its not even only the minstreltempest...  Cele is flippin WILD aswell... and you know that!

"needlessly tanky..... It's not really a playstyle I respect."    -He says, while uploading a video where they run 3 (cele?) SignetTempests and a minstrel aurashare ontop, in a single group.

That build is literally the BunkersignetTempest. You just took sceptre instead of dagger and called it a day. *and aftershock instead of CES...  and therefore conjurer ->Burning precision

"Bully WvW Pugs"   3 SignetTempest...... 1 aurashareTempest ontop...... The exact two builds in question..... kinda sus, ngl.

allisvain.

I feel your "but other specs can do this aswell attitude" BIG TIME.

but the point is no spec should be able to heal that much. or be this tanky on its own. You literally cant kill a Supporttempest unless you 2v1 him. Theres no way.  But WvW isnt balanced for smallscale... so they dont even consider that a problem.  Makes smallscale kinda lame ngl.

They just see playnumbers of other supports than FB and Scrapper rise and think their doing a fantastic job.

Community send a clear message: we want more boon counterplay, we want less healing, and we need more viable supports.    

Anet: Oh more viable supports? how are we gonna do it🤔.... MORE HEALING! 

Community: we want less healing tho...  :0

Anet: *buffs the healing of a GvG build that already had a spot in a wellthoughtout teamcomp. So instead of making other builds viable, they just flatout increased healing in zergs cuz they dont play their own game enough to really grasp what they are doing.*

This time.... Ele was the lucky one that got the "Throw darts at flipchart" buff.... or was anyone thinking Tempest needed a healingbuff?  anyone?   not me 😄

now we add the buffed sceptre ontop and this is where we are now.

This will backlash! They nerf some core ele stuff.... MARK MY WORDS!

So because I don't respect a build I'm not allowed to play it a few times for lulz? Lmfao. I rarely play anything like this. You cherry picked one video from my channel, congratulations, there are about 400 others of me playing anything else. I'm minding my tongue right now because the mods will bite at any chance they can get.

I can say this: your opinion is like that of a dog barking in a window.

It's also very strange that you think I've never played heal tempest when I've literally made a tutorial for how to use it in WvW with the proper weaponset: hint, not dagger. That's for GvG and small-scale.

Edited by solemn.9670
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Sahne.6950 said:

i am at work currently, but that is what a maxed suptempest will be running, as you can see here, the values are indeed true.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PGgAg2lRwGZNMPGKO0TptfA-zVJYjRDfZkaCUdB47nI0bg3ifbWA-w a maxed minstrelset with monkerunes and riceballs has exactly 1538 healingpower.

Invigorating torrents does exactly 1597 regen . and Ebastion(still outdated on the website) will do exactly (391+1538 x 0.8 )1621 with the new scaling.    That is exactly 3218 HP WITHOUT MULTIPLIERS!

the calcs are made with a simple maxed minstrelset, with Monkrunes and Riceballs, no other fancy stuff.....

If we now just take the baselinehealingmultipliers you will have from your gear, again, without any stacking sigils or other fancy stuff...

we are looking at:

+10%riceballs +14% maintenanceoil+10% transference+20%stacked monkrune, = +54%healingmultiplier

which results in a totalhealing of 4955 healing without any fancy stuff added ontop!

The secound you start stacking benevolance your going over 5k healing already. 

I think your not running maxed minstrel... or missing something.. idk...   

How much Healingpower do you have!?

I'm waiting for the video.

I already said everything I need to. Yes, maxed out healing power (well almost, it's minstrel with healing infusions and monk rune and all healing sigils with 25 stacks of the healing stacking sigil I forget it's name)

I'm waiting for your video proof of an aura immediately healing people for 5k.

I expect to never see it.

Edited by solemn.9670
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, solemn.9670 said:

I already said everything I need to. Yes, maxed out healing power (well almost, it's minstrel with healing infusions and monk rune and all healing sigils with 25 stacks of the healing stacking sigil* I forget it's name)

*benevolance

the formula is right there... its simple maths

Edited by Sahne.6950

Just now, Sahne.6950 said:

*benevolance

the formula is right there... its simple maths

It should be easy to prove then, if numbers and theoreticals are truly reality.

When I'm back from work I can test it out and upload it quickly if you can't be asked to do it. Or you could just admit you exaggerated and this whole thread is a skill issue.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, solemn.9670 said:

if numbers and theoreticals are truly reality.

They should be. unless its bugged, in which case it should get fixed.

i dont have full ascended armor as i said already, but i can upload a clip and we can compare if the healingnumber matches the formula.

Edited by Sahne.6950

47 minutes ago, solemn.9670 said:

I already said everything I need to. Yes, maxed out healing power (well almost, it's minstrel with healing infusions and monk rune and all healing sigils with 25 stacks of the healing stacking sigil I forget it's name)

HAHA i healed for 4904 with full exotic. without any benevolance

I sec, i am cutting it rn.

Edited by Sahne.6950

1 hour ago, solemn.9670 said:

Here it is.  1430 Healingpower, full exotic gear, no benevolancestacks, monkrune not properly stacked up, no infusions.....  

just pressing a single button without any setup at all....    Enjoy.

2445+505+505+505+492+452 = 4904      with absolutely subpar equipment.

Imagine that with 1538 healingpower and stacks....   That is easily over 5000....  like i said.. 5k is lowballed.

I have no clue what youve done... but reaching 5k is more than doable...

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Like 1

@Infusion.7149 we had this already.

I know that the ticks were regen.. I even hovered over Ebastion AND Invigoration torrents the skill before i applied the aura, so you can see the tooltip, mister smart. i always mentioned invigorating torrents trait when i talked about the total healing being 5k.   invigorating torrent IS the regen that you see ticking in the clip.

I am well aware what HE means when he typed "immediate". He basicly dares me to heal 5k with Ebastion. i noticed that. But i never said Ebastion will heal for 5000. so i just ignored it.

incase you also didnt seem to understand from the plethora of posts i have unleashed in this thread:

i am always talking about the total healing that you get from a single aura. aka. The Potential sustain that you can provide for your group with a single application of a aura. I just think that 5k provided sutain is pretty nutty when you can spam those auras out every other second.

That Ebastion wont heal for 5k is pretty obvious isnt it?😅

Edited by Sahne.6950

51 minutes ago, God.2708 said:

Yeah if you're counting regen as burst healing output then heal herald is terrifying. Cool 9K hp every 3s in 600 radius. #opPLZNERF

supportvindis healingoutput IS terrifying tho xDD

it literally ONLY has healing going for it, in terms of competing with the other sups, and we still run it in smallscale from time to time.  Ventaribubble+ the heals go a long way in smallscale, ngl.

Edited by Sahne.6950

27 minutes ago, Sahne.6950 said:

@Infusion.7149 we had this already.

I know that the ticks were regen.. I even hovered over the skill before i applied the aura, so you can see the tooltip, mister smart. i always mentioned invigorating torrents trait when i talked about the total healing being 5k.   invigorating torrent IS the regen that you see ticking in the clip.

I am well aware what HE means when he typed "immediate". He basicly dares me to heal 5k with Ebastion. i noticed that. But i never said Ebastion will heal for 5000. so i just ignored it.

incase you also didnt seem to understand from the plethora of posts i have unleashed in this thread:

i am always talking about the total healing that you get from a single aura. aka. The sustain that you can provide for your group with a single application of a aura. I just think that 5k provided sutain is pretty nutty when you can spam them out every other second.

That Ebastion wont heal for 5k is pretty obvious isnt it?😅

You realize that regeneration is a boon right? Even in core days any competent necros with a well bomb means you likely won't see those ticks. It would only save you if you are able to reposition before the damage overcomes your sustain. Moreover, it would not be "5K every other second" since the regen doesn't add on to itself only the burst (instant) healing meaning you are just lengthening regen.
You also realize that anything that isn't a burst heal means you can be bursted down in seconds if you are out of position right?

In addition to that sharing resolve on firebrand and MDF (medical defense field) on heal scrappers does this all passively similar to Soothing Mist. Since you aren't running improved Soothing Mist (Soothing Power) that's a tradeoff already: you are trading off passive healing for a semi-active heal (since it relies on auras) that can be removed and doesn't stack. If you run alac tempest you are likely to run Soothing Power instead since you won't share many auras but since you are full on minstrel aurashare that isn't the case. In your case of 1500 healing power, even before modifiers that is a ~150ish per second tradeoff to up to 13 people if you are in your own subgroup.

Also given that you aren't even enough ranks to max masteries in WVW (1226) I am going to conclude you either are playing on an alt, have low time in competitive modes, or are unaware of all the metas in the past which have far higher sustain. Unlike on firebrand , revenant vindicator or herald, or scrapper you don't put out appreciable stability to other people so essentially all you are doing is spitting out healing which is not even burst healing in the video you are complaining about.

The whole premise of your thread is someone in DPS gear can't kill a full sustain player with minstrel gear which is absurd in its own right.

Edited by Infusion.7149

50 minutes ago, Infusion.7149 said:

You realize that regeneration is a boon right?

The whole premise of your thread is someone in DPS gear can't kill a full sustain player with minstrel gear which is absurd in its own right.

your totally right here.

But in smallscale you will profit from this regen immensly.   If you have a suptempest in your smallscale,  you guys are a HECK chonkier.

The whole premise of this Thread is, that Tempest has received a unwarranted buff to its sustain. It was already in a good spot.

Edited by Sahne.6950

2 minutes ago, Sahne.6950 said:

your totally right here.

But in smallscale you will profit from this regen immensly.   If you have a suptempest in your smallscale,  you guys are a HECK chonkier.

Is your complaint about regen then?
I really don't understand the crux of the problem you're trying to convey here. Regen is overwritten (so to speak) by the highest healing power. You don't get 50 stacks of regen, it just lengthens the time. On herald you essentially upkeep regen passively.

What makes a heal tempest vastly different to other supports to the point that you need to make yet another thread complaining it is "OP"? It isn't superspeeding people away or stealthing people, it doesn't provide stability in any appreciable amount and unless you are fighting it with condis the auras just heal. The only thing I can think of is projectile reflect on magnetic aura (which isn't on a high uptime) and shock aura if you aren't prepared to deal with it on fresh air builds (which is mutually exclusive to cleansing due to fire traitline).

I try to make it as short as possible so its very clear.

I dont think Tempest is overpowered or needs the nerf hammer in Zergs.

But i think its weird that they gave it a buff to its healing, because it already had a solid spot in zergs.  BUT! This change has drastic effects on smallscale. Tempest is literally a raidboss now.

Just a showcase, after i recorded the clip of the "5000" healing(which isnt a true heal i agree.. all good).....  i went to southcamp and had my first fight. You can literally look at the clock! i recorded the clip, cut it, uploaded it and went straight to southcamp cuz my buddy from the first clip was there.

Watch what happens! LITERALLY THE FIRST FiGHT!

Maybe i have turned into Cellofrags on last weeks tuesday... but i think Ebastion buffs have something to do with whats about to happen.

Edited by Sahne.6950

The reason why Arenanet likely buffed elemental bastion is it is mutually exclusive with the alacrity on overload (Lucid Singularity). In your video I suspect the protection uptime and stacked toughness from the signet and rock barrier had more to do with it than the healing from elemental bastion. In addition this past week there is a large number of PVE players that are in WVW to advance reward tracks due to the alliance beta bonus. Have you considered that you are farming players that have no interest in PVP and just want their dailies?

3 hours ago, Sahne.6950 said:

Here it is.  1430 Healingpower, full exotic gear, no benevolancestacks, monkrune not properly stacked up, no infusions.....  

just pressing a single button without any setup at all....    Enjoy.

2445+505+505+505+492+452 = 4904      with absolutely subpar equipment.

Imagine that with 1538 healingpower and stacks....   That is easily over 5000....  like i said.. 5k is lowballed.

I have no clue what youve done... but reaching 5k is more than doable...

Ok so it healed for 2445 and then you let the passives stack which are unchanged from last balance patch.

What is the point here

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, solemn.9670 said:

Ok so it healed for 2445 and then you let the passives stack which are unchanged from last balance patch.

What is the point here

Just want to let people know that tempest is the GOAT now...  😂

i mean look at that video... either i just become ALOT better since last weeks tuesday, or the buffs are pretty significant.

The sustain is ridicilous to say the least XD

Edited by Sahne.6950

4 minutes ago, Sahne.6950 said:

Just want to let people know that tempest is the GOAT now... 

Well, now we see the importance of framing/phrasing. Compare this to your original post

On 12/1/2022 at 5:15 AM, Sahne.6950 said:

TEMPEST SUSTAIN IS ABSURD CURRENTLY.

x d

Tempest has always been an incredible healer in WvW, especially if you run staff. These buffs are, to be honest, a little on the strong side, I would've settled for half as much of a buff. But I don't think it's OP when you compare it to what heal engi was before/still mostly is when played by a good healer. 

I really don't mind to go on about "skill this, skill that," so I'm sorry for sounding like a broken record, but I think a lot of ppl just ignored heal tempy bc it took a few more braincells to heal effectively on compared to other options. Now it's even better and the ppl who didn't know it was already mega good before are now aware whether they want to be aware of it or not.

Edited by solemn.9670

2 minutes ago, solemn.9670 said:

I would've settled for half as much of a buff.

If i had to bring everything down to one sentence, it would be this one!

I have been sticking to tempest for a very long time, and i personally feel like its a little bit over the top. I am literally afraid they nerf sceptre cuz tempest is going rampage with it.  Thats what they always do.

Espec overperforms ->>>> nerfs core stuff... 

Edited by Sahne.6950

1 minute ago, Sahne.6950 said:

If i had to bring everything down to one sentence, it would be this one!

This would be an acceptable change if DPS specs weren't gutted so badly. A few 2019, hell even 2021-era meteor showers would not discriminate in obliterating these aura heals. Or some semi-decent hammer revenant damage even.

3 minutes ago, solemn.9670 said:

This would be an acceptable change if DPS specs weren't gutted so badly. A few 2019, hell even 2021-era meteor showers would not discriminate in obliterating these aura heals. Or some semi-decent hammer revenant damage even.

True, but sadly thats what they did. 

Have you seen the sustain on the celebuild? # if people and anet think thats fine...       i will gladly take it.

i can finally be a CHAD and upload 1vX clips daily. This clip is literally the first fight...

Edited by Sahne.6950

Just now, Sahne.6950 said:

True, but sadly thats what they did. 

Have you seen the sustain on the celebuild? # if people and anet think thats fine...    okey by me...   i will gladly take it.

No but I believe it, I've played cele hybrid tempest before when my guild at the time was struggling with just about everything comp-wise and it was still pretty powerful.

But this is, I think, largely because of the cleanse + actual auras themselves and less-so the heals, although that's nice too.

I can run around on glass staff tempest casting meteors but then providing 3 magnetic auras in a row to allies when necessary and it really makes a difference, 0 healing power required

But how many people do you see doing that

ppl complain about things that are rarely even witnessed in wvw, which is why im so bitter and quick to cynicism in this forum lol

3 minutes ago, solemn.9670 said:

No but I believe it, I've played cele hybrid tempest before when my guild at the time was struggling with just about everything comp-wise and it was still pretty powerful.

But this is, I think, largely because of the cleanse + actual auras themselves and less-so the heals, although that's nice too.

I can run around on glass staff tempest casting meteors but then providing 3 magnetic auras in a row to allies when necessary and it really makes a difference, 0 healing power required

But how many people do you see doing that

ppl complain about things that are rarely even witnessed in wvw, which is why im so bitter and quick to cynicism in this forum lol

i know, your cynicism from the vids and your UBERsarcasm threads 😄

if you dont mind take a look at the vid, i think its quite funne actually xD Im literally just memeing around 1vX ing them while spamming the chat, like its nobodys business.  The buffs are pretty hefty to say the least.

Edited by Sahne.6950