Is it more expensive to list an item for sale?

raykor.6723

You always pay 15%, the only difference is when.

When you list it, you pay out of your pocket 5% for listing at the moment you list it, and your return is reduced by 10% when it's actually sold. When you retract your offer the 5% are lost.

When you sell immediately you also pay 5% from your pocket and your return is 10% reduced, just both together.

Edited by Dayra.7405
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Dayra.7405 said:

You always pay 15%, the only difference is when.

When you sell immediately you also pay 5% from your pocket and your return is 10% reduced, just both together.

That's incorrect. You do not pay the 5% Listing Fee if you sell immediately. You only pay the 10% Exchange Fee.

The Listing Fee of 5% is only deducted from your total if you set a Sell Price.

Edited by Silent.6137

15 minutes ago, Silent.6137 said:

That's incorrect. You do not pay the 5% Listing Fee if you sell immediately. You only pay the 10% Exchange Fee.

The Listing Fee of 5% is only deducted from your total if you set a Sell Price.

That is incorrect, even the wiki makes a correct mention that the listing fee is for both listing and instant selling.

The TP takes 15%, always.

Edit: also even when instant selling, both listing fee and exchange fee are listed as deductions on the right.

Edited by Cyninja.2954
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Cyninja.2954 said:

That is incorrect, even the wiki makes a correct mention that the listing fee is for both listing and instant selling.

The TP takes 15%, always.

I stand corrected. TP scam 5% off your account immediately and put the rest of your earnings minus 10% in the delivery box.

After all these years, I always thought TP was a shark but didn't realized it was shark of leviathan proportion.

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Silent.6137 said:

I stand corrected. TP scam 5% off your account immediately and put the rest of your earnings minus 10% in the delivery box.

After all these years, I always thought TP was a shark but didn't realized it was shark of leviathan proportion.

No worries, it can be confusing. I think Anet implemented it this way as to limit the benefit/disadvantage to listing versus instant buying and reduce speculation.

• Like 1