Exotic gears Celestial, Viper or Trailblazer? overall content(untamed and beastsoul)

China.5268

2 hours ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

Could be wrong but think condi is dominant in PvE for both Soulbeast and Untamed--so Viper.  

1 hour ago, Beddo.1907 said:

Viper is the best for condi and hybrid builds.

Thanks for the feedback guys 👍, I think i'll go TB coz I can also wear the same items WVW.

Edited by China.5268

3 hours ago, UmbraNoctis.1907 said:

Go cele, much better than tb (and viper if defensive stats aren't irrelevant for you). Also works great for druid in case you want to have more options.

If they want to do most pve content then vipers will be better for their DPS gear. Running cele only works if everyone is on the same page, such as if you gave a toughness tanking fight in raids or you have the tools to make the massive amount of stats work.

11 minutes ago, RainbowTurtle.3542 said:

If they want to do most pve content then vipers will be better for their DPS gear. Running cele only works if everyone is on the same page, such as if you gave a toughness tanking fight in raids or you have the tools to make the massive amount of stats work.

Yes, for pure PvE dps viper's is better, but they said they want to go tb and cele is better than tb in every regard.

2 hours ago, UmbraNoctis.1907 said:

Yes, for pure PvE dps viper's is better, but they said they want to go tb and cele is better than tb in every regard.

I see... i'll test later. I tested both on my catalist TB and Cel and i rlly liked the cel results, gives more dmg and the sustain is also good.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, trust me on this.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?POwAgeNlZwAZfsJmJW6X7P9RcE-zRpYBREUFkvZ0AshVEUQpUQBEXIEZEESCI+sMqZFA-e

This uses SOME Celestial, 1 Rampager, and full grieving with Viper Main/Off, and Berserker Longbow. It's my own custom hybrid build that can push 99% Bleed Duration in daggers, and has decent uptime. It's also a perma-merge build, so you never really leave beast mode except for utility.

You have: 99% Crit Rate on longbow, 249% Crit Damage, you bleed on crit with 1147 base Condition Damage, Mad King rune+one wolf pack can stack upwards of 5-10 bleeds on a target, mix axe 5 and longbow 5 together to get massive burst DPS and tons of stacks of bleed (since you have basically max crit and permanent fury uptime). When played right, you can top the charts on burst and stay on top with sustain. And since it's a hybrid, you can always swap out axe for dagger for WvW and push 85% crit + tons of bleed procs.

The highest DPS burst I could reach on this build on a sitting target was like, 25-30k? Then you'll consistently stay at around 20ishk throughout the rest of the fight through condis/burst. You can also grab SotP for basically free 25 might over One Wolf Pack. You could stack in more damage focus and drop celestial in favor of viper, but tbqh you don't need it since you're almost capped on bleed.

If you care more about survival, you can drop BM (massive stat loss) for a bit more condi focus through daggers. But tbh I like the longbow, even if it's not the best choice. You'll also have a bit more survival through sheer stats than other pure DPS builds, and it's unique.

• Confused 2

8 minutes ago, Bastrii.3047 said:

Okay, trust me on this.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?POwAgeNlZwAZfsJmJW6X7P9RcE-zRpYBREUFkvZ0AshVEUQpUQBEXIEZEESCI+sMqZFA-e

This uses SOME Celestial, 1 Rampager, and full grieving with Viper Main/Off, and Berserker Longbow. It's my own custom hybrid build that can push 99% Bleed Duration in daggers, and has decent uptime. It's also a perma-merge build, so you never really leave beast mode except for utility.

You have: 99% Crit Rate on longbow, 249% Crit Damage, you bleed on crit with 1147 base Condition Damage, Mad King rune+one wolf pack can stack upwards of 5-10 bleeds on a target, mix axe 5 and longbow 5 together to get massive burst DPS and tons of stacks of bleed (since you have basically max crit and permanent fury uptime). When played right, you can top the charts on burst and stay on top with sustain. And since it's a hybrid, you can always swap out axe for dagger for WvW and push 85% crit + tons of bleed procs.

The highest DPS burst I could reach on this build on a sitting target was like, 25-30k? Then you'll consistently stay at around 20ishk throughout the rest of the fight through condis/burst. You can also grab SotP for basically free 25 might over One Wolf Pack. You could stack in more damage focus and drop celestial in favor of viper, but tbqh you don't need it since you're almost capped on bleed.

If you care more about survival, you can drop BM (massive stat loss) for a bit more condi focus through daggers. But tbh I like the longbow, even if it's not the best choice. You'll also have a bit more survival through sheer stats than other pure DPS builds, and it's unique.

Sounds like Ranger needs to be Nerfed! Oops I mean Balanced.   😁

On 12/13/2022 at 1:00 PM, UmbraNoctis.1907 said:

Yes, 20k dps is definitely op and needs nerfs. After all the average dps builds only sit at like ... 35-40k???

I don't even have full ascended yet, and I'm not great at this game. ^///^; 30k burst and with my fumbling about, 20-25k sustain isn't bad! If I was in a raid, I'd have like... 5k sustain, because I'm horrible under pressure.