Bug skill, buff of new Patch: Banner of Tactics

Aavataris.5720

Good day:
I just needed to report a certain "bug".

Banner of Tactics, Warrior's skill, in this patch add stun break ability, so it could break the stun of allies when placed ...but it can't be used while stunned 🤣

So, it's not much useful "buff" (It doesn't work, unless you are a ranged warrior ...what is illogical for a TANK that buffs allies in the area) 😅
Plz, fix it, i like the concept of banners, but need some skill to brake stun.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

22 minutes ago, Aavataris.5720 said:

Good day:
I just needed to report a certain "bug".

Banner of Tactics, Warrior's skill, in this patch add stun break ability, so it could break the stun of allies when placed ...but it can't be used while stunned 🤣

That's intended, not a bug, not the first skill in the game that breaks allies stuns, and Banner of Tactics is already overtuned enough, because warrior doesn't have support atributes at all.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/4/2022 at 9:16 PM, Zizekent.2398 said:

That's intended, not a bug, not the first skill in the game that breaks allies stuns, and Banner of Tactics is already overtuned enough, because warrior doesn't have support atributes at all.

It's wasting the option 🤷‍♂️
...I mean, it's always good to have at least 1 ability that breaks stun (especially in PvE), and in that way only force you to leave 1 banner

In addition, limits the classic Warrior, reducing the support option that is not with Shouts (because the Shouts Bladesworn heals in a sick way, a lot, while still doing good damage and being a decent tank)

...just, Warrior it would be the only class more limited in terms of support options (I have the rest with at least 2 (or up to 4) viable and strong Supp builds), and GW2 is supposed to stand out above all other games in its variability and dynamism of builds and character

The Banner of Tactics is already too much, it gives Stability that I don't know what it does here, when the real objective of this banner was to heal but hey, it gives Superspeed, which is the same thing again, although I'm not complaining about it and it also gives Resistance per pulse, for them to add the stun breaker, it seems excessive but in a certain way necessary and in pve it gives Quickness (not at all an over-adjusted skill due to incompetence but hey...).

The banners are not right, you have their errors, and anet requires putting several players to test them or that they themselves test them exhaustively to see what really fails, it does not help at all that they do not give blessings to you or to your objective being in the area and instead of that it gives them to the closest allies, that is, it directly ignores you and your orders the banner.

It is good that anet recognized the error after the disastrous change to the banners and gave a solid response, but again they left them there without further ado.

1 hour ago, DKRathalos.9625 said:

CMIIW but I think they intended this banner to break stun only on allies, not on self.
IMO it's kind of silly that it has no self breakstun but oh well anet rarely loves warrior anyway.

Anet is really stingy when it comes to giving out self stunbreaks in general, because they are meant to be a limited resource in your builds.

Best way to get the stunbreak for yourself on this banner is by suggesting which other stunbreak could get given up for it. I don't remember a single time in history where Anet gave a core skill a stunbreak it didn't have before for free, but there were several occasions where they relocated a stunbreak by taking it from one skill and giving it to another.

My personal suggestion: Frenzy
Take away it's stunbreak, instead give it something else like fury and maybe a small on-hit extra damage for the warrior. There are currently 3 stances which have a stunbreak, which is a bit excessive. I would like to have a stunbreak of every skill type, one skill type shouldn't be hogging so many of them.

Edited by Kodama.6453

• 2 weeks later...

Pretty fun that Banner of Tactics will be the reason Tactics will remain dogshit as a support option and this change simply gave birth to a new batch of Minstre boonhugging "support" spellbreakers.

But well, since the boon removal has been nerfed might as well run triple and quadruple support parties now and see who outsustains.