oldschool grinding

asket.5674

Hey folks,

As a gw1 vet finally having time to dip into no2.
made my peace with the new class design and having a blast with the combat mechanics and visiting all them old places new imagined. 

i was wondering if there are any prestige grinding goals like fow armor/chaos gloves/torm. weapons and alike. Tried to google a bit around but did not find any specifics. 

i am not asking if there are fow armors ( because that i was able to find out, unfortunately there are no) 

chaos gloves seem to be time limited shop items and so on..

looking forward to your answers,

cheers asq

There are a lot of unique items and skins acquired from specific places in the game, too many to list all of them. For example every dungeon has a unique armour and weapon set themed around that dungeon and only available by running dungeons or doing the dungeon reward tracks in WvW and PvP. Raids, strikes, Fractals, many Living World maps and meta achievements and other areas of the game also have unique items or skins which aren't available anywhere else.

Honestly it would be easier for you to say the types of activities you're interested in doing, then we can give you examples of what you can get from them, or just look at what the vendors are offering in-game, rather than trying to list all of them.

But if you're specifically looking for something to sell for a lot of gold or show off then legendary equipment and auras like infusions, enrichments and some skins are probably your best bet.

• Thanks 1

thanks for your answers!

What i really liked was farming mats for obsidian armors, solo. I had a blast developing solo uw/fow builds for every class ( farming  solo with paragon was most the most traumatic 😅) i wanted to get the armor. The combination of tinkering and grinding was it i guess 🙂

You want grinds? GW2 delivers. But all are cosmetics or convenience, your power stays the same.

You have 2 types of grinds.

Grinds with guaranteed results. All legendaries fall under that. Most content types have different legendaries so you can pick your preferences, plenty of solo options also. The ultimate prestige is probably Perfected Envoy armour though (animated legendary armour) but for that you need to raid.

Grinds where you will only have a small chance of reward and it might never come. Mostly here we have infusions. These will make you bright and shiny and after short exposure induce eyesore and ultimately permanent blindness and epilepsy (maybe you could say these increase your power in pvp if opponent gets epileptic seizure). Some are worth a fortune (yes you can sell/buy most of them). There are many infusions but the rare ones are most often a very very (very) rare drop. But since many can be sold you could say there is a guaranteed path to them also.

There are other prestige items (check out invisible boots for example, who wouldn't want that) but these are the most widespread.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, asket.5674 said:

i was wondering if there are any prestige grinding goals like fow armor/chaos gloves/torm. weapons and alike. Tried to google a bit around but did not find any specifics. 

Yeap, frost legion infusion https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Frost_Legion_Infusion

25,000 Shard of Crystallized Blood of Jormag

10,000 Glob of Ectoplasm

37,500 Pile of Coarse Sand

12,500 Thermocatalytic Reagent

Edited by crepuscular.9047
  • Thanks 1