Arenanet, I am begging you to take my money.

Am I being trolled? I've been waiting for the Armistice Bastion Pass to return to the gem store for a while now. I made sure to check the gem store on Black Friday to see if it was there (it wasn't.) Then I later find out that they decided to put it there the Sunday after Black Friday (???) but it only lasted a day. Well kitten, guess I missed it, and looking at the gem store history, it looks like it won't come back for another few months. I'll just keep my eye out for the next weeklong sa- WHAT?! It was on sale this past sunday for only a day again?!

I get it, people at Anet are looking at the trends in gaming and it seems that a rotating MTX shop generates the most revenue. But to me it makes no sense to put an item like this on a rotation.. It's the kind of quality of life item where you either want it or you don't. It's not like some skin where the "limited edition" aspect makes it more valuable. In fact, you're just losing money from people like me who want to buy it but can't.

Do you think it would be a good business decision for McDonalds only sell hamburgers on 3 random freaking days out of the year? OOOO BUT IT'S A LIMITED EDITION HAMBURGER YOU HAVE TO BUY IT NOW! Smh.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

5 minutes ago, costepj.5120 said:

You do know that McDonald's do exactly that?

"21 Nov 2022 — The Smoky BLT Quarter Pounder with Cheese and Oreo Fudge McFlurry will be available for a limited time at McDonald's starting on Nov. 21, 2022."

Lol tbh the McDonalds example was used for comedic effect. I guess the point is they wouldn't do that with one of their core food items like the hamburger - They do it for niche items. I don't think the Armistice Bastion Pass is a niche item. It is the definitive lobby for WvW players.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, costepj.5120 said:

You do know that McDonald's do exactly that?

"21 Nov 2022 — The Smoky BLT Quarter Pounder with Cheese and Oreo Fudge McFlurry will be available for a limited time at McDonald's starting on Nov. 21, 2022."

That one is complicated by the fact that it is not always because they are rotating them.

Sometimes it is just to deal with temporary excess supply.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Elementalist Owner.7802 said:

Lol tbh the McDonalds example was used for comedic effect. I guess the point is they wouldn't do that with one of their core food items like the hamburger - They do it for niche items. I don't think the Armistice Bastion Pass is a niche item. It is the definitive lobby for WvW players.

Some would argue WvW is a niche game mode ...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

"Limited edition" crap for digital items is just trolling on a corporate scale. The example of a "limited edition hamburger" makes much more sense, because you have to put in extra work for the slightly different thing, and maybe the person qualified for that work only works part time or something like that. But with digital items it's literally just copy/paste. An unpaid intern could do it.

So yeah, it's just trolling, and that's exactly how I see ANet. Huge trolls engaging in anti-consumer practices.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

Ah yes, the tinfoil hats are on.

The real reason they cycle the passes in and out is because they don't want everyone in the same hub. A few specific hubs like Mistlock Sanctuary are already heavily overloaded and spawn many map instances, which takes extra server resources. There's alot of reasons for this, but the main one is that players tend to go for efficiency over flavor.

With Armistice it does seem a bit silly because that's the only WvW passkey, but the marketting team likely doesn't take that into account since they don't actually know much about the game.

Usually marketing and development aren't related in any way in companies., which is why advertisements and item descriptions are often strange, and prices can seem a bit unrealistic too, because sales are made without proper context and more like they're just items floating in an ether.

Edited by Mariyuuna.6508
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

5 hours ago, neighto.7386 said:

well suited confused emoji for this one... load up the game and the Armistice Pass is currently on sale for 800gems right now.... Did you even load the game up and look before you decided to come here and rant?   

"well suited confused emoji for this one" 🤓

If it's currently available in the gem store then the wiki has it wrong. Either way it shouldn't be this complicated to figure out when the pass goes on sale. That's the whole point of the post.

Edited by Elementalist Owner.7802
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, Elementalist Owner.7802 said:

If it's currently available in the gem store then the wiki has it wrong. Either way it shouldn't be this complicated to figure out when the pass goes on sale. That's the whole point of the post.

The Wiki only updates when a player edits the article; you are welcome to update the article, or any other article.  Why would you not check the Gem Store or the Gem Story Sticky here every day??

Edited by Inculpatus cedo.9234
  • Like 3

56 minutes ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

The Wiki only updates when a player edits the article; you are welcome to update the article, or any other article.  Why would you not check the Gem Store or the Gem Story Sticky here every day??

Yea even sent Op a ingame mail so they did not miss it.

6 hours ago, Elementalist Owner.7802 said:

It isn't complicated at all.  Log in to the game and check.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2